Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serendib - I do hope SQ increase to 11 weekly flights: keep the existing one as is (as it provides some great connections, especially to Australia and New Zealand) and perhaps a 4 weekly during the day for O&D or VFR traffic. Maybe they could start this with Silk Air A320s/B73Hs, or a SQ service as is with an B772... But nothing official.

88gee - thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience with us!

Regards
    Jish

Comment

• Originally posted by jbalonso777 View Post
      Serendib - I do hope SQ increase to 11 weekly flights: keep the existing one as is (as it provides some great connections, especially to Australia and New Zealand) and perhaps a 4 weekly during the day for O&D or VFR traffic. Maybe they could start this with Silk Air A320s/B73Hs, or a SQ service as is with an B772... But nothing official.

88gee - thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience with us!

Regards
      Jish
      If I can recall it correctly, In 1996 SQ used to operate Ten weekly flights to Colombo - seven weekly flights were operating during the night time and three weekly during the morning hours. When MH cut-down the international flights next year, SQ or D7 may take advantage on expanding the number of flights to overseas. I'm not too sure if MH will cut down the Colombo flights though.

Hmm! Does Silk Air currently operate B73H as well? I thought they have only A320 types in the fleet.

Comment

I will be on my first A340 flight this Friday (24th October), on my way to Bengaluru.
        I hope to share some positive experiences with you all!

Regards
        Jish
        jbalonso777, I am looking forward to see the pictures and trip reports from your recent flight trip onboard A340.

Comment

• Yes Banu, off recent, Silkair are starting to renew their old A319/A320 fleet with new Boeing 737-800s. I think this has been happening since 2013 or so..

And I will post the trip report sometime in the evening later today

Regards
          Jish

Comment

• Before I share the trip report, I have some pictures of spotting to share..
            Early morning from CMB on 24th October 2014

^^ That's my plane, 4R-ADF

^^ 4R-ALG operated my last flight with UL - UL563 CDG-CMB

For now, you can go ahead and read the full TR in the link: http://airlinersindia.s4.bizhat.com/...opic14031.html

Regards
            Jish

Comment

Before I share the trip report, I have some pictures of spotting to share..

For now, you can go ahead and read the full TR in the link: http://airlinersindia.s4.bizhat.com/...opic14031.html

Regards
              Jish
              Really nice shots bro! Why they are using A340 to MAA? Any signs of Phase 2 construction works at CMB?

Comment

Regards
                Jish
                Lovely photos Jish. Looking forward to some more!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                  Really nice shots bro! Why they are using A340 to MAA? Any signs of Phase 2 construction works at CMB?
                  For CMB-MAA, the occupancy rate is high. UL has been using 340 for long time for some of the flights in MAA route.It may be economical to use in high occupancy short haul routes other than using low occupancy long haul routes.

Comment

Regards
                    Jish
                    Superb shots!! I wish to know the airline-name of the B767 parked in the background? In the aircraft tail say as "&". Must be a charter flight for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                      Superb shots!! I wish to know the airline-name of the B767 parked in the background? In the aircraft tail say as "&". Must be a charter flight for sure.
                      A very nice photos and detailed report. Very interesting to read

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
                        A very nice photos and detailed report. Very interesting to read
                        Jish, truly nice photos! but next time please post the full trip report here. Don't you think ADF got the nice interiors?

Shame KU still using those out-dated A310 to Colombo ;o

Comment

• This certainly is cheating on my part, since I took the photograph :P

Its a plane belonging to Abercrombie & Kent, a luxury travel company from the UK.
                          So I'm assuming it was a charter of some sort.

Also, interestingly, there was a Icelander B757 parked that I saw while I was taking off....

Comment

• Hey all, thank you so much for your replies!
                            Unfortunately I exceeded my bandwidth limit last evening, so I was unable to load the pictures and therefore, post the trip report.

Serendib - there were so many passengers on the flight, justifying the need for an A340! And no, sign of the new terminal construction just yet, sadly

Banuthev - Thank you! yes, it is a 767 belonging to Abercrombie & Kent, a luxury travel company from the UK.

Channa - thank you so much

Skyline - yes, I intend to post the trip report here, but due to time constrains and a slow internet, I am unable to do so, for now.
                            Yes, ADF does have some nice interiors, but why would they update it on a plane leaving the fleet soon? It would have made a lot more sense if all A330s had the updated interiors: ALC and ALG, I'm assuming still have the old interiors...
                            Shame about the A310 yes, but think about it from an avgeek context - isn't it nice and refreshing to see an A310? Compared to the usual A320s and A330s? And they are increasingly rare so I think for us its good to see, but not so good for the passenger traveling

Regards
                            Jish

Comment

• One slight error here. The plane is going to Guatemala City (GUA) instead of Antigua. It is currently there now, after arriving from the Azores on the 28th. It will be flying to SFO in 2 days time.

Comment

This certainly is cheating on my part, since I took the photograph :P

Its a plane belonging to Abercrombie & Kent, a luxury travel company from the UK.
                                So I'm assuming it was a charter of some sort.

Also, interestingly, there was a Icelander B757 parked that I saw while I was taking off....
                                You're correct. I done a search about "Abercrombie & Kent" so i come to know Founder of Abercrombie & Kent Luxury Travel came to Colombo on his private B767 jet from Miami. That B757 wet-leased from Icelandair has 50 lie flat bed seats to transport the passengers who booked with this luxury travel group.

Comment

Working...
                                X