This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
    Global Africa Cargo McDonnell Douglas MD-11F - flight GAA4541 departing from CMB.
    Kuala Lumpur - Colombo(onground for around 1 hr 30mins) - Unknown Destination
    Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
    Most probably a technical stop.
    Thanks. That Unknown Destination is Khartoum = https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/z-gaa/

Can't the MD-11 directly fly Kuala Lumpur to Khartoum without technical stop in Colombo?

Comment

• One of the biggest Ukrainian cargo plane Antonov 124 is landing in Colombo Airport, Sri Lanka.

Source : Erekle Burnadze

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        One of the biggest Ukrainian cargo plane Antonov 124 is landing in Colombo Airport, Sri Lanka.

Source : Erekle Burnadze
        Ohh wow so nice.

Comment

• Some Colombo Airport pictures from Instagram- All credits to Pas-an.

Comment

• This EuroAtlantic Airways Boeing 767-36N(ER) appears to be dumping fuel at FL100 before making an emergency landing at CMB. By looking at previous flights performed by the aircraft i assume that they were en route to Kuala Lampur.

Comment

This EuroAtlantic Airways Boeing 767-36N(ER) appears to be dumping fuel at FL100 before making an emergency landing at CMB. By looking at previous flights performed by the aircraft i assume that they were en route to Kuala Lampur.
              Oh ! I never heard of this airline Why emergency landing? what happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                Oh ! I never heard of this airline Why emergency landing? what happened?
                Medical emergency?
                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

This EuroAtlantic Airways Boeing 767-36N(ER) appears to be dumping fuel at FL100 before making an emergency landing at CMB. By looking at previous flights performed by the aircraft i assume that they were en route to Kuala Lampur.
                  This 767-300ER is operated by the Saudi Arabian carrier FlyNas (XY/KNE).The aircraft in question is a wet-leased aircraft from the Portuguese operator EuroAtlantic Airways (YU/MMZ) mainly allocated for Umrah and Haj Pilgrims connecting Jeddah with Kuala Lumpur. FlyNas have previously wet-leased Malaysia Airlines Boeing 747-400's on this sector too.
                  -Aaqib Hussain
                  (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                  www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• The world's new planes in 2017

Commercial jet makers will introduce an unusually large number of new planes in the new year.

Some new aircrafts to watch for in 2017...

I am not sure if the MC21 will get FAA approval...

OK here is the question...If anyone watch the A350-1000 video...guess the aircraft owner next to Saudia aircraft...almost at the end of the video...?

& 2016 goes to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBM8E5vili4
                    Last edited by Speedbird; 29-12-2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Hi Folks
                      Greetings
                      Wish you a Happy New Year

I see Air china 737 Citilink A320 at BIA

Any idea why they are here

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                        Hi Folks
                        Greetings
                        Wish you a Happy New Year

I see Air china 737 Citilink A320 at BIA

Any idea why they are here
                        For the past two days I've observed many Air China 737-700's being ferried to MLE to and from PVG and PEK no idea why though
                        -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                          For the past two days I've observed many Air China 737-700's being ferried to MLE to and from PVG and PEK no idea why though
                          Citilink's brand new A320s are being ferried to Jakarta from Airbus Factory (Toulouse) via Colombo. PK-GQR & PK-GQT.

Do you know the aircraft registration for those two Air China B737s being ferried to MLE ?

Wishing you a very happy and prosperous new year !!

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                            Citilink's brand new A320s are being ferried to Jakarta from Airbus Factory (Toulouse) via Colombo. PK-GQR & PK-GQT.

Do you know the aircraft registration for those two Air China B737s being ferried to MLE ?

Wishing you a very happy and prosperous new year !!
                            Happy New Year Mate!

As I recall, One aircraft was Registered as B-3999 and according to Planespotters.com it is a VIP BBJ (Boeing Business Jet) that originated from Tianjin-PEK-MLE-CMB and is probably the Aircraft Azam has spotted as according to FR24 it hasn't left CMB yet.

2016-12-31
                            Male (MLE) Colombo (CMB) - 15:41 - Landed 17:18

2016-12-31
                            Beijing (PEK) Male (MLE) - 07:46 - Landed 13:57

2016-12-30
                            Tianjin (TSN) Beijing (PEK) - 07:20 - Landed 07:41

Not sure about the rego of second 737-700 that I spotted on the 29th
                            -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                              Happy New Year Mate!

As I recall, One aircraft was Registered as B-3999 and according to Planespotters.com it is a VIP BBJ (Boeing Business Jet) that originated from Tianjin-PEK-MLE-CMB and is probably the Aircraft Azam has spotted as according to FR24 it hasn't left CMB yet.

2016-12-31
                              Male (MLE) Colombo (CMB) - 15:41 - Landed 17:18

2016-12-31
                              Beijing (PEK) Male (MLE) - 07:46 - Landed 13:57

2016-12-30
                              Tianjin (TSN) Beijing (PEK) - 07:20 - Landed 07:41

Not sure about the rego of second 737-700 that I spotted on the 29th
                              Yes you are rite my flight was at 22:05 still those 737 were parked

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                                Yes you are rite my flight was at 22:05 still those 737 were parked
                                Happy New Year Azamh !!

Did you see any machineries at Colombo Airport for runway resurfacing work? The work supposed to start in next 4/5 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X