This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
    Yep. Both QR and EK has to use remote gates because all the other gates with aero bridges are occupied as you can see from the photographs. I took this picture on 10th January 2017. Flying to BKK via MLE and DXB. Last picture was taken from EK652 (A6-ENX). The aircraft on the picture is A6-EPS which will be operated as EK349 (initially SIN - DXB via CMB because of the runway refurbishment CMB-SIN sector was cancelled) later that day.
    Coincidence! Two QR and Two EK are parked next to each other. CMB must be filled with many aircraft and I am sure aircraft parking will also be an issue this time.

Nice selection of destinations MLE, DXB & BKK. If you don't mind, may I know why you couldn't fly nonstop from CMB-BKK instead of long flight CMB-MLE-DXB-BKK. Is the CMB-BKK nonstop flights are full? I think EK operates around 6 daily flights on DXB-BKK and most of the EK flights on BKK route operated onboard A380. Did you get chance to fly on A380 this time?

Comment

• Any idea about this?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Coincidence! Two QR and Two EK are parked next to each other. CMB must be filled with many aircraft and I am sure aircraft parking will also be an issue this time.

Nice selection of destinations MLE, DXB & BKK. If you don't mind, may I know why you couldn't fly nonstop from CMB-BKK instead of long flight CMB-MLE-DXB-BKK. Is the CMB-BKK nonstop flights are full? I think EK operates around 6 daily flights on DXB-BKK and most of the EK flights on BKK route operated onboard A380. Did you get chance to fly on A380 this time?
        CMB - BKK flights are full. Same goes for EK CMB -DXB sector. So my only option was CMB-MLE-DXB-BKK to be at BKK on 12th January. All EK flights between DXB-BKK operated by A380 except EK350 which is operated by Boeing 77W (Red eye flight). All EK A380s to BKK is also overbooked by a very significant amount (about 90% of the flight filled with connecting pax) so had to take B77W which turns out to be a full flight as well. I got the chance to fly the two class A380 last December from BKK to DXB.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
          Any idea about this?
          Must be Chennai bound flight because the flight is UL121. Has it been diverted from CMB to HRI before heading to MAA ? Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
            Pictures taken at Ratmalana Airport.
            ~Please do not re-upload anywhere else on the internet without permission.

Enjoy!!
            Truly nice set of pictures. Thanks for sharing with us !

Any idea what is Expoair FK27 doing at Ratmalana? I thought it was leased to Pakistan or some other country.

Comment

Must be Chennai bound flight because the flight is UL121. Has it been diverted from CMB to HRI before heading to MAA ? Why?

It's in some sort of holding pattern

Comment

Yes, diverted to HRI after taking off from CMB at 07:47am.

Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post

It's in some sort of holding pattern
                And now it appears to be leaving the holding pattern at fl280 and heading for MAA

Comment

• Sriwijaya B738 leaving HRI

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                    Yes, diverted to HRI after taking off from CMB at 07:47am.

And now it appears to be leaving the holding pattern at fl280 and heading for MAA
                    I can see also other flights like EK etc.. are still circling above tamil nadu and couldn't land the planes in MAA.

Comment

I can see also other flights are like EK etc.. circling above tamil nadu and couldn't land the planes in MAA.
                      15510221056_4df9dc41fa_b

Comment

• Originally posted by B74F>B777 View Post
                        15510221056_4df9dc41fa_b
                        Fog from Bhogi Celebrations

Chennaiites celebrate the festival of #Bhogi on Friday morning, marking the first day of #Pongal festival. (New Indian Express)

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                          Sriwijaya B738 leaving HRI
                          More good time for Mattala today !

Normally Sriwijaya Air operates charter flights to Colombo to handover the Hajj Pilgrims to Saudia Airlines for the Jeddah bound flights. So that means Saudia is going to operate to HRI to collect these passengers to Jeddah today ?

Comment

Truly nice set of pictures. Thanks for sharing with us !

Any idea what is Expoair FK27 doing at Ratmalana? I thought it was leased to Pakistan or some other country.
                            It came back in 2015 December. I think Sri Lanka still uses it, but is unfortunately waiting for a propeller.
                            Haleef Ismail
                            www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
                              CMB - BKK flights are full. Same goes for EK CMB -DXB sector. So my only option was CMB-MLE-DXB-BKK to be at BKK on 12th January. All EK flights between DXB-BKK operated by A380 except EK350 which is operated by Boeing 77W (Red eye flight). All EK A380s to BKK is also overbooked by a very significant amount (about 90% of the flight filled with connecting pax) so had to take B77W which turns out to be a full flight as well. I got the chance to fly the two class A380 last December from BKK to DXB.
                              I guess this fare might be v expensive?

Comment

• Aircraft Movements at Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport

Hope you like the pictures !!

Comment

Working...
                                X