This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    Awesome video !! Thanks again for sharing with us.

What's the latest situation on the cabins of 4R-ALB ? It's looks like UL is flying 4 weekly A332/3 instead of daily A320/1 to Jakarta.
    Your welcome! Nothing much, but it looks like the Cabin on ALA, with refurbished seats, etc. Mostly A332 is flying to Jakarta than the A320/1..
    Haleef Ismail
    www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Saw 2 business jets parked at Ratmalana today morning. One was the same Bombardier Global Express 5000 that was spotted a few days back by spotters, and I think the other was a Learjet. Both white colored. Will try to get pictures of them both if possible. Since Ratmalana is handling business jets for some period of time, wonder where will they send them to during the first few weeks of March, as the Sri Lanka Air Force will be celebrating their 66th Anniversary with air displays and also visitor attractions. Probably HRI will handle these for those few days I guess?
      Haleef Ismail

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
        Saw 2 business jets parked at Ratmalana today morning. One was the same Bombardier Global Express 5000 that was spotted a few days back by spotters, and I think the other was a Learjet. Both white colored. Will try to get pictures of them both if possible. Since Ratmalana is handling business jets for some period of time, wonder where will they send them to during the first few weeks of March, as the Sri Lanka Air Force will be celebrating their 66th Anniversary with air displays and also visitor attractions. Probably HRI will handle these for those few days I guess?
        Do you think it will be a limited parking issue and security issue for parking biz jet in RML during Air Force ceremony?

Mostly these business jets are carrying visitor to Colombo area. Taking the business jet to HRI would cause unnecessary time for them, so they will avoid visiting Colombo for the first week of March or they may try to get approval to park in VCBI until Air Force ceremony complete.

Comment

Do you think it will be a limited parking issue and security issue for parking biz jet in RML during Air Force ceremony?

Mostly these business jets are carrying visitor to Colombo area. Taking the business jet to HRI would cause unnecessary time for them, so they will avoid visiting Colombo for the first week of March or they may try to get approval to park in VCBI until Air Force ceremony complete.
          To my extent, I think it will be an issue. They will be having a few display items as well for the visitors, and also it might be like last time. The whole airport will be used, and the runway will be used for the people to crossover from the Attidiya side to the other side. So I don't think they can land or takeoff during that time.
          Haleef Ismail

Comment

• Rusline Bombardier CRJ-100ER spotted at CMB

Just spotted a Rusline Bombardier CRJ-100ER at CMB which according to FR24 flew in from Moscow-Domodedovo (DME) this morning

Any idea why its here?
            commercial photography locations
            -Aaqib Hussain
            (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
            www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
              To my extent, I think it will be an issue. They will be having a few display items as well for the visitors, and also it might be like last time. The whole airport will be used, and the runway will be used for the people to crossover from the Attidiya side to the other side. So I don't think they can land or takeoff during that time.
              Ah ok. Will they cancel their domestic flights from RML for first week of March? Do you think RML have enough space for expanding their airport tarmac for more planes to be parked? Its a good sign biz jets are using RML these days.

Comment

• An unclear picture of the SriLankan A320neo.. Saw it on Instagram, so thought of sharing. Let's wait for good pictures from more spotters in the coming few weeks..

Haleef Ismail

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef
                  An unclear picture of the SriLankan A320neo.. Saw it on Instagram, so thought of sharing. Let's wait for good pictures from more spotters in the coming few weeks..

Haleef,

Thanks for the picture. 4R-ANA is now in Hamburg. This picture was taken in Toulouse and its too big for A320neo. Could be an A350 ? �� when does the picture was taken? I thought all three A350s had been painted in full white.

Comment

Haleef,

Thanks for the picture. 4R-ANA is now in Hamburg. This picture was taken in Toulouse and its too big for A320neo. Could be an A350 ? �� when does the picture was taken? I thought all three A350s had been painted in full white.
                    My bad.. According to photographer, this was taken in April 2016.. :/ Sorry for the false info..
                    Haleef Ismail

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                      Just spotted a Rusline Bombardier CRJ
                      Well spotted ! She has a beautiful peacock logo in the tail !

Rusline CRJ1 operated as ZF7749/50 which is the flight number of the Azur Air flights to DME-CMB for past few weeks. What could be the reason Azur Air is using 50 seater aircraft instead of their usual B767.

Comment

• Plane Spotting in Colombo Airport

A

B

C

D

E

F

H

I

J

K

Comment

• Spookyflyer,

Awesome pictures ! Thanks for sharing them with us ! Are the two QR A340-600s and two EK B777-300s are parked there? when did you take these pictures ? where are you flying ? Which flight?

Comment

• Few pictures taken at Ratmalana Airport will be uploaded soon..
                            Last edited by Haleef; 12-01-2017, 08:17 AM.
                            Haleef Ismail

Comment

• Pictures taken at Ratmalana Airport.
                              ~Please do not re-upload anywhere else on the internet without permission.

Enjoy!!

Cessna Citation X

SLAF Y-12 on tow

Close-up of the nose of the Y-12

Antonov AN-32B

ExpoAir Fokker F27

Cessna 152 II - 4R-DRA.

Cessna Titan II
                              Last edited by Haleef; 12-01-2017, 01:17 PM.
                              Haleef Ismail

Comment

Spookyflyer,

Awesome pictures ! Thanks for sharing them with us ! Are the two QR A340-600s and two EK B777-300s are parked there? when did you take these pictures ? where are you flying ? Which flight?
                                Yep. Both QR and EK has to use remote gates because all the other gates with aero bridges are occupied as you can see from the photographs. I took this picture on 10th January 2017. Flying to BKK via MLE and DXB. Last picture was taken from EK652 (A6-ENX). The aircraft on the picture is A6-EPS which will be operated as EK349 (initially SIN - DXB via CMB because of the runway refurbishment CMB-SIN sector was cancelled) later that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X