Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 Thanks Sandaru for sharing those memories with all of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Sandaru, wow!! Thanks for sharing the pictures of 4R-ADE.. Who took these pictures? When did these pictures were taken? What is the registration of the other A340 parked outside the hangar?
      Banuthev all the photos were taken by me on June 20th 2015.

I think the other A340 is the 4R-ACD spending the last days at Colombo.

1000 Thanks Sandaru for sharing those memories with all of us.
      Srilankan1 You are welcome )))

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
        Banuthev all the photos were taken by me on June 20th 2015.

I think the other A340 is the 4R-ACD spending the last days at Colombo.
        That's awesome! How did you get the opportunity to visit inside the plane which parked the hangar? Do you work for UL? UL didnt have A340 in reg 4R-ACD. Did you mean 4R-ADA/ADG?

4R-ADB & ADC were in full white and parked next to cargo apron in early June 2015 and they left our country in 2nd/3rd week of June 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          That's awesome! How did you get the opportunity to visit inside the plane which parked the hangar? Do you work for UL? UL didnt have A340 in reg 4R-ACD. Did you mean 4R-ADA/ADG?

4R-ADB & ADC were in full white and parked next to cargo apron in early June 2015 and they left our country in 2nd/3rd week of June 2015
          No I'm not workig at UL. I got the opportunity to visit the hanger by the "aviation education camp" organized by the SriLankan Aviation College.

Banuthev,sorry I messed up the rego. It must be the A340 SriLankan retired before 4R-ALE

Comment

• KalStar Aviation Boeing 737-529 Registration No. PK-KSM aircraft departed from Jakarta CGK landed at colombo today 12:55 PM
            Last edited by Sandaru; 23-01-2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

KalStar Aviation Boeing 737-529 Registration No. PK-KSM aircraft departed from Jakarta CGK landed at colombo today 12:55 PM
              According to sources, PK-KSM (CN26537) was withdrawn from use in Mar 2015. But they test it's flying on the 20th Jan 2016. It's looks like it's in CMB on a ferry flight. Notsure who is the next customer? Is Sri Lanka's Fits air interested in operating a passenger flight onboard B737?

Shehara/Randeera - Do you have any picture of Kalstar Aviation B737 from Colombo?

Comment

• For all who want to do some plane spotting in SL, check this location. https://www.google.lk/maps/@7.197009...3,17.88z?hl=en
                I visited this location & it's the closet point to runway 22, just a few feet away from the runway threshold lights. But unfortunately there is a security point just there. If you about move about 100-200 m or so before or after this location, where there is no security ( or where they cant notice you ) you can still spot the aircraft & get a few pics. Use your discretion

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonylk View Post
                  For all who want to do some plane spotting in SL, check this location. https://www.google.lk/maps/@7.197009...3,17.88z?hl=en
                  I visited this location & it's the closet point to runway 22, just a few feet away from the runway threshold lights. But unfortunately there is a security point just there. If you about move about 100-200 m or so before or after this location, where there is no security ( or where they cant notice you ) you can still spot the aircraft & get a few pics. Use your discretion
                  Anyone interested to visit this place on upcoming days?

Comment

• Ukraine International Airlines flight PS3835 Boeing 737-94X (ER) aircraft Registraion No. UR-PSL landed at Colombo today at 02:13 PM

*This is not the inaugural flight. This is the second time for this year
                    Last edited by Sandaru; 01-02-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Ukraine International Airlines flight PS3835 Boeing 737-94X (ER) aircraft Registraion No. UR-PSL landed at Colombo today at 02:13 PM

*This is not the inaugural flight. This is the second time for this year
                      I think i saw this UIA operating CMB flights several times e.g. Mon. Wed. Fri. But CMB flight timings are not available on Ukraine Airlines website or Kiev Airport website.

Comment

• Samara Kurumoch (KUF) to Moscow Sheremetyevo (SVO)

Comment

• Hi All just a thought.. Can anyone explain why EK uses two different routes for thier Aussie flights
                          EX:01 (on 03/02/2016)

EX: 02 (on 02/02/2016)

Same flights vis two different routes..

Comment

• Originally posted by vishwa View Post
                            Hi All just a thought.. Can anyone explain why EK uses two different routes for thier Aussie flights
                            EX:01 (on 03/02/2016)

EX: 02 (on 02/02/2016)

Same flights vis two different routes..
                            Flight path is depends on Weight (pax + cargo), climate, capacity of the aircraft and fuel onboard. The cruising altitude & speed also change according to the route of the flight. By changing these variables they can reduce cost and avoid air traffic as well as give more comfort to the passengers throughout the flight.

Comment

• 68th Independence Day of SriLanka (SLAF - Air Show)

A fly-past by the SriLanka Airforce to commemorate the 68th year of Independence of the Nation from Colonial rule.
                              Note the Chengdu F7, MiG27, Antonov An-24, Xian MA60, Harbin Y-12, Beechcraft Super King Air and the Hercules C-130 aircraft along with the Mi24 and Bell helicopters

-Aaqib Hussain
                              (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                              www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

Working...
                              X