Wow! reason for its visit?

Comment

• Wow.. VIP?
      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by B74F>B777 View Post
        Japan airlines 787-8 in Colombo
        Looks like for a fuel stop in the middle of trip to Uganda??

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow! reason for its visit?
          Originally posted by umedhah View Post
          Wow.. VIP?
          CMB is a tech stop. They do refuelling and crew change

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
            Looks like for a fuel stop in the middle of trip to Uganda??
            Its like seasonal. It carries UN Japanese Army soldiers.

Comment

• Sriwijaya Boeing 737-800 at CMB

Spotted Indonesian Operator Sriwijaya Air Boeing 737-800 at CMB
              According to FR24 it has just flown in from Pekanbaru Indonesia

-Aaqib Hussain
              (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
              www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Saudia Airbus A330 in CMB

Any Idea why SV Operated an A330-200 to CMB today? The route is generally served by its Boeing 777-200ER. FR24 shows that another similar flight is scheduled for the 11th of December.

-Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                  Spotted Indonesian Operator Sriwijaya Air Boeing 737-800 at CMB
                  According to FR24 it has just flown in from Pekanbaru Indonesia
                  Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                  Any Idea why SV Operated an A330-200 to CMB today? The route is generally served by its Boeing 777-200ER. FR24 shows that another similar flight is scheduled for the 11th of December.
                  Hi Aaqib, It's a charter service for umrah pilgrims, operating every Thursdays and Sundays from Indonesia to Sri Lanka. Then the pilgriums will be moved to Medina and Jeddah on the SriLankan and Saudia flights. I think SV2710 came from Jeddah to Colombo to take the umrah pilgrims to Medina. Saudia wet-leased the A332 plane from Onur Air to operate the SV2710 today. I think one of the ex-SriLankan A332 is also now with Onur Air.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                    Hi Aaqib, It's a charter service for a umrah pilgrims, operating every Thursdays and Sundays from Indonesia to Sri Lanka. Then the pilgriums will be moved to Medina and Jeddah on the SriLankan and Saudia flights. I think SV2710 came from Jeddah to Colombo to take the umrah pilgrims to Medina. Saudia wet-leased the A332 plane from Onur Air to operate the SV2710 today. I think one of the ex-SriLankan A332 is also now with Onur Air.

Thanks for the info mate. I think OnurAir is operating the ex-UL A330-200 (4R-ALG) for SV if im not mistaken,I recall seeing it on YouTube in a similar white livery at HYD
                    -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Shanghai Airlines in Colombo - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...b-2566#bec50e0

any reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                        Shanghai Airlines in Colombo - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...b-2566#bec50e0

any reason?
                        Shanghai's Boeing 767s operated on behalf of MU at times. Seen them quite a few times at SVO.

Comment

• Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

This was last night flight... Assembled in 2006... Got cabin WiFi... No IFE even in J class.
                          Last edited by umedhah; 18-12-2016, 09:33 PM.
                          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Global Africa Cargo McDonnell Douglas MD-11F - flight GAA4541 departing from CMB.
                            Kuala Lumpur - Colombo(onground for around 1 hr 30mins) - Unknown Destination

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                              Global Africa Cargo McDonnell Douglas MD-11F - flight GAA4541 departing from CMB.
                              Kuala Lumpur - Colombo(onground for around 1 hr 30mins) - Unknown Destination
                              Amazing !! Is it Schedule flight or Charter or technical stop ?

Good to see another MD11 in Colombo after such a long time. In 2000s, Lufthansa Cargo used to operate 3 weekly MD11F service on the FRA-SHJ-BLR-CMB route. Saudia Cargo was the another operator used to operate 1 weekly MD11F on TPE-CMB-JED service until 2003 i guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                                Amazing !! Is it Schedule flight or Charter or technical stop ?.
                                Most probably a technical stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X