This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jbalonso777 View Post
    Hey all, thank you so much for your replies!
    Unfortunately I exceeded my bandwidth limit last evening, so I was unable to load the pictures and therefore, post the trip report.

Serendib - there were so many passengers on the flight, justifying the need for an A340! And no, sign of the new terminal construction just yet, sadly

Banuthev - Thank you! yes, it is a 767 belonging to Abercrombie & Kent, a luxury travel company from the UK.

Channa - thank you so much

Skyline - yes, I intend to post the trip report here, but due to time constrains and a slow internet, I am unable to do so, for now.
    Yes, ADF does have some nice interiors, but why would they update it on a plane leaving the fleet soon? It would have made a lot more sense if all A330s had the updated interiors: ALC and ALG, I'm assuming still have the old interiors...
    Shame about the A310 yes, but think about it from an avgeek context - isn't it nice and refreshing to see an A310? Compared to the usual A320s and A330s? And they are increasingly rare so I think for us its good to see, but not so good for the passenger traveling

Regards
    Jish
    hehe.. I flew on that 9K-ALC back in 2010. This bird has such a poor interior and seats. any idea if KU has done cabin upgrades for their A306 or A313 after 2010?

Comment

• UL new bird A333

Comment

• Banuthev - I highly doubt if KU have refurbished the interiors of the A310s and A300s. But have you seen the new factory fresh A320?! It looks amazing! And they also have A330s on order, so slowly the classics will disappear

Regards
        Jish

Comment

• Originally posted by jbalonso777 View Post
          Banuthev - I highly doubt if KU have refurbished the interiors of the A310s and A300s. But have you seen the new factory fresh A320?! It looks amazing! And they also have A330s on order, so slowly the classics will disappear

Regards
          Jish
          It's nice to hear KU is going to upgrade their ageing fleet. Yeah i saw that A320WL (9K-AKE CN6350) with sharklets wearing the classic KU livery. Do you know how many A320WLs and A332s they are planning to get them on lease by Apr 2015? I think those 3 x A320s, 5 x A306s and 3 x A313s going to be phased out very soon. May be their 4 x A343s and 2x B772s will be replaced by A359s after 2019 if i am not mistaken.

Comment

• Hi from Chateauroux again,

I have news pics for your ... A330-343 with registration "4R-ALM ( F-WWKF )".
            Châteauroux (LFLX or CHR) is a pleasant place for airplanes, specialy for Airbus.
            They come to get livrery ... some weeks before delivrery !!
            "4R-ALM" will live LFLX in a fornight, back to TLS.

Best regards.
            330_340

https://www.flickr.com/photos/330_340/

Comment

• wow

Comment

• Bangalore based and India's newest airline,
                Air pegasus (ATR72-500 | VT-APA ) just after its paintjob at Hosur aerodrome.To start services by 1st week of Jan 2015 !

Comment

• Plane Spotting at BIA

Are we allowed to carry out plane spotting at the BIA, is the observation deck open now ? do we need any special permission ?

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonylk View Post
                    Are we allowed to carry out plane spotting at the BIA, is the observation deck open now ? do we need any special permission ?
                    tht's a big question for me too. I tried asked friends working in UL they told we have to take permission from Aviation authority . anyway i got a chance to visit KAF base and has wonderful time

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonylk View Post
                      Yeah you have to get permission from AASL. I'm not sure about the observation deck.

Comment

• Hey Guys, Today SriLankan's brand new A333 4R-ALL operated a scenic flight as UL4333. Aircraft flew on the 5000ft as shown below. Anybody have pictures of the scenic flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                          Hey Guys, Today SriLankan's brand new A333 4R-ALL operated a scenic flight as UL4333. Aircraft flew on the 5000ft as shown below. Anybody have pictures of the scenic flight?

Banu you can get the photoes from my profile. I was onboard UL4333 today

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakith View Post
                            Banu you can get the photoes from my profile. I was onboard UL4333 today
                            Awesome to see this beauty cruising around Sri Lanka. the new business class looks fantastic. Is it true that it is equipped with wi-fi? And that's interesting that Transaero is in Colombo. I checked their website and Wikipedia, and cannot find any information about flights to Colombo. Maybe its a one time charter? I thought they would park on the remote stand though.

Comment

• what's the purpose of this scenic flight???

BTW awesome pictures sakith.

Comment

• Airbus A340-300 SriLankan, takeoff in Heathrow to Colombo by kopervw, on Flickr

Photo taken from Flickr by kopervw

Airbus A340-300 SriLankan, takeoff in Heathrow to Colombo

Comment

Working...
                                X