This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
    Hi Umedah, well they use the A340 mainly (ADA,ADB and ADC) to routes in the Middle East,India and Maldives.These are the three which would be going out of service this year.The aircraft are poorly maintained and are used for these shuttle short haul services. UL 121 was almost 40% emplty when i flew it last Tuesday. It had uncomfortable seats almost falling off and IFE not functioning properly.
    A friend of mine flying UL 154 (ADE) was stuck in the toilet for almost 10 minutes due to a jammed door.
    Overall them A340's have a high operation cost and poor maintenance which is why UL operate their A330's to Europe and their A340's to South Asia and the Middle East
    Thanks Aaqib.. so sad to hear the fate for ADA,B,C once a proud bird soon to be scrapped ;(
    ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Wow I can see AN125 parked at the SLAF base? When did you take this video? Do you know the purpose of it's visit to CMB?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Wow I can see AN124 parked at the SLAF base? When did you take this video? Do you know the purpose of it's visit to CMB?
        This came to take the SLAF equipment to South Africa Mi 17s, trucks etc..
        Haleef Ismail
        www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
          This came to take the SLAF equipment to South Africa Mi 17s, trucks etc..
          Sri Lanka deploys air units to the UN

The Sri Lanka Air Force has deployed an aviation unit under the United Nations Multidimensional Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA), the Air Force announced today.

Air Force Air Marshal Kolitha Gunatilleke said that this is the first ever aircraft deployment by Sri Lanka and the Sri Lanka Air Force under a UN mandate in Sri Lanka’s history.

Three Mi-17 helicopters from the SLAF fleet along with 122 personnel consisting pilots, engineers and other supporting staff will proceed on the Mission as the No. 62 Helicopter Flight, which will be an extension of the No. 6 Helicopter Squadron.

Comment

Wow I can see AN125 parked at the SLAF base? When did you take this video? Do you know the purpose of it's visit to CMB?

This was taken on the 13th of September
            -Aaqib Hussain
            (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
            www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Spotting at Colombo Banadaranaike International Airport

SriLankan Airlines 4R-ALA (Airbus A330-200) Sri Lankan Airlines 4R-ADA (Airbus A340-300) and FlyDubai A6-FDN (Boeing 737-800)

SriLankan Airlines 4R-ADA (Airbus A340-300)

Jet Airways VT-JBE (Boeing 737-800) pushback at Colombo bound to Mumbai

SriLankan Airlines 4R-ADC (Airbus A340-300) taxing to gate from Kuwait

Jet Airways VT-JBE (Boeing 737-800) SriLankan Airlines 4R-ALG (Airbus A330-200) and 4R-ADC (Airbus A340-300) and Korean Air Airbus A330-300 taking off

Mihin Lanka 4R-MRE (Airbus A320-200) from Seychelles and British Airways Boeing 777-200

for videos log on to www.youtube.com/airlines747
              Last edited by Aaqib; 20-09-2014, 03:55 PM.
              -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• How know this Airport ?

Comment

• Miniature Airport in Germany ?
                  ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Mihin Lanka Airbus A321 from Seychelles and British Airways Boeing 777-200

for videos log on to www.youtube.com/airlines747
                    Very Good Quality pictures !! i that Mihin Lanka is A320, 4R-MRE, If I am not mistaken.

Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                    Miniature Airport in Germany ?
                    Yeah. I thought the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                      Miniature Airport in Germany ?
                      You are right, Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, this part called "Knuffingen Airport"

Comment

• Close look of one of the rarest bird that visits India -- FitsAir McDonnell Douglas MD-82(SF) 4R-EXM at CSIA, Mumbai -- Image credit: Gopi Krishnan

Comment

• Originally posted by 88gee View Post
                          Close look of one of the rarest bird that visits India -- FitsAir McDonnell Douglas MD-82(SF) 4R-EXM at CSIA, Mumbai -- Image credit: Gopi Krishnan
                          Thanks. Any updates on Fitsair taking delivery of second MD82SF?

Comment

Thanks. Any updates on Fitsair taking delivery of second MD82SF?
                            So far nothing about the delivery of the new aircraft. Hope they get it and replace the aging Illushin
                            -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Throwback......UL's first A330-200

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                                throwback......ul's first a330-200
                                4r-ala

Comment

Working...
                                X