_DSC0092

_DSC0094

_DSC0132

_DSC0165

Comment

• Wow. Excellent photos Banu.
      RIP ADA .

Comment

• Great set of shots Banu; Looks like its trip worth. Is this going to that pile of retired aircrafts or parted out right away?

Thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

• Wow nice shots Banu. Sad to see her.. It will be great if you could try again in few weeks if it's not that far away. So we can see her
          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
            Great set of shots Banu; Looks like its trip worth. Is this going to that pile of retired aircrafts or parted out right away?

Thanks for sharing with us.
            ASI at Kemble doesn't have the hangars to support A340 or bigger aircraft so it will be a slow process for them to get this aircraft parted out. When I was there ASI-engineer was working at the APU unit of 4R-ADA.

Comment

• Is this Saudi Arabian Airlines?
              Why on earth they are scrapping B744?

_DSC0092

Comment

• Prolly it had reached the flying cycles
                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                  Prolly it had reached the flying cycles
                  I thought the same. That B744 In Saudia colours is 24 years old TF-AMT/cn25135 was owned by Air Atlanta icelandic. I guess BA QF are still flying their ageing B747S. It took me 1:30hrs from my place to kemble in car. Hopefully I will visit 4R-ADA but it will be very sad to see her condition (after dismantling the parts)

Comment

• I heard that recently LAN Cargo operated its B77F to Colombo. Does anybody confirm if its a correct info.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                      I heard that recently LAN Cargo operated its B77F to Colombo. Does anybody confirm if its a correct info.
                      Donno about LAN but Atlas air did operated a B747F

Comment

I heard that recently LAN Cargo operated its B77F to Colombo. Does anybody confirm if its a correct info.
                        Hi suresh how did you find about Lan cargo flight to Colombo? Do you know the registration of the aircraft?

Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
                        Donno about LAN but Atlas air did operated a B747F
                        I saw AtlasAir in Colombo where I was waiting for my flight to Kuwait. This is few years back but good to know Atlas still visiting Colombo. Does atlas flying regularly to Colombo? Do you know the day of op and arrival and departure times?

Comment

Hi suresh how did you find about Lan cargo flight to Colombo? Do you know the registration of the aircraft?

I saw AtlasAir in Colombo where I was waiting for my flight to Kuwait. This is few years back but good to know Atlas still visiting Colombo. Does atlas flying regularly to Colombo? Do you know the day of op and arrival and departure times?
                          I saw it last week can't remember the exact date. Departed around noon. I don't think it's a regular service like CX

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Anybody know what this flight is? I saw it two times this month and last month departing from Colombo....
                            Last edited by Sandaru; 05-10-2015, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                              Hi Guys,

Anybody know what this flight is? I saw it two times this month and last month departing from Colombo....
                              Mostly delivery flights of Indonesian air-carriers have a stopover in Colombo. Once i saw NZ's turboprob had a stop over in Colombo as well.

Since CMB is getting busy, it will be better if these delivery flights operate via HRI which is an empty airport most of the time.

Comment

Mostly delivery flights of Indonesian air-carriers have a stopover in Colombo. Once i saw NZ's turboprob had a stop over in Colombo as well.

Since CMB is getting busy, it will be better if these delivery flights operate via HRI which is an empty airport most of the time.
                                HRI ? minus fuel and hotel stay for crew ? Really ?

I would rather see SLAF move there, and release the land for another runway in KLIA !

Comment

Working...
                                X