This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    It's an AN 8 previously owned by Skycabs Cargo. Registration 4R-SKI. I think it had an accident when it's landing in Colombo.

Where did you take the pictures of the airlines at Colombo Airport? Did you find any best plane spotting location?
    Thx for the info! I took the picture from inside the bus. So low quality. I tried to get closer on my last day, but a guard at the beginning of the street next to the terminal told me I was not allowed to go closer.
    I edited the picture. More pics from my trip will follow later. I have about 5000 other pictures to edit
    On my day of spotting I was standing along the Kimbulapitiya road.

Last edited by yengels; 08-07-2015, 09:33 AM.

Kind Regards
    Yves

Comment

• Some videos of landings

Comment

• Originally posted by vihan-perara View Post
        Some videos of landings
        Where is this location? do we have to get permission to do plane spotting at CMB?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          Where is this location? do we have to get permission to do plane spotting at CMB?
          We need to get permission to get into the ramp area to get photos and videos. And in the near future we're getting a pass so we can get pictures/videos and will post

Comment

• Scenes around Manila / NAIA / Villamor Air Base

Manny Pacquiao Logo Jet, of Air Asia PH (nope, he doesn’t own it, though rumour says otherwise .. )

PR 777-300ER, that has pretty much replaced the 747-400s

PR retired their last 747-400s recently, the long haul fleet is now entered on the 773Ws

Yellow Tails of 5J, in Manila (trivia, Yellow is the favorite colour of Chinese and 5J AND PR are actually owned by Chinese descendant Filipinos .. )

Comment

• Pretty bad picture, once I cropped it

In the front is a Dornier 328, tailed by a A320, PH, made of 7100 islands, depends a lot on air transport, and planes of various flavours are pretty normal. In NAIA you can see Caravans, Dorniers, BAE Avro Jets, YS11s, and DHC7s, apart from newer DHC8s, ATRs and the likes.

Seen in Lufthansa Manila.

Guess who is in the hanger ?? I can only confirm the bulging head of a 380, or Sausage plane as somebody called it !

A PR 330-300, possibly there due to lack of ramp space

Comment

• More PR Birds

More PR Birds, with a Air Asia X 340

LTP, says it all

LTP, and a 340-600 of LH - a long way from home (as are the occasional VS 330s seen in MNL)

Another 773W of PR

Comment

• An Ethiopian 767, parked at the Villamor Base, for the official ceremony of flights by ET

PAF, Couple of Newly Bought/refurbished UH1s (defies logic why they bought 30 plus year old frames and refurbished them, for almost 3 million $ Each, when they could have obtained lesser units of newer and capable helicopters) and a PZL W3 in the rear, and the White S70 of the Presidential Fleet, an the Fokker of Presidential Fleet, and a C130

The UH1s are there for a Demo flight to show they are safe, as there was some accusations of fraud. Of course, they will fly for demo, but once you put them to work in tough conditions the 30 year frames will come apart sooner or later.

Meanwhile the President and his entourage flies in 3 X 412s, and 2 X S70s, which are pretty much very new. And curiously it is the Opposition in PH who are pushing to replace the fleet with newer gear, suggesting to get 4XMedium Helicopters, 2XTurbo Props, and 2X Jets ..

PR 321-200 on final - PR 321s have no IFE, so Flight safety demo is done manually, the traditional old school way, with a crew doing the voice overs.

Last edited by ecureilx; 17-07-2015, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• A Xiamen 737-800 (SIN)

Chinese carriers have no problems deploying 737s on unto 5 hour routes

An EK380, SQ 330, and SIA Cargo 747-400 (SIN)

View of Terminal 2, with a BA 747-400 and a QF 330 and others. (SIN

The Original Queen, 747-400 of SIA Cargo (SIN)

QF 330-300

Comment

• Emirates A6-EEG,Airbus A380-861 in CMB - EK412. 15-JULY-2015

Image credits: Yashitha Nayanajith Amarasinghe, Poorni Wijesinghe, Prasanna Dhammika & Nisala Weerasekara Pedris

Comment

• Surprisingly its 412/413 DXB-SYD-AKL flight all the time that have to land in CMB
                        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                          Surprisingly its 412/413 DXB-SYD-AKL flight all the time that have to land in CMB
                          I wonder if a QF one will ever make a landing at CMB?

Comment

• Originally posted by sfernando34 View Post
                            I wonder if a QF one will ever make a landing at CMB?
                            Well i saw a QF 744 at BIA around 3 months ago ... It was also a medical emg

Comment

• Plane Spotting in London Heathrow

Comment

• Wow awesome shots Banu
                                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Working...
                                X