Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone got photos of the landing of A380 (Dubai bound) at BIA today morning...

Comment

• Originally posted by vishwa View Post
      Has anyone got photos of the landing of A380 (Dubai bound) at BIA today morning...
      A 6-EDM. Landed due to a smoke in the cockpit. I'll post the pictures shortly.
      Haleef Ismail
      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Sri Lanka's Mihin Lanka Airlines to launch direct flights to Kolkota Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU) starting from 17th June 2015. Kolkota Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport is the biggest airport of West Bengal and it's stands as a fifth busiest airport in India by passenger traffic. Mihin Lanka will be operating Colombo-Kolkota every Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays and with a flying hours from 2:55hrs to 3:00hrs.

With the introduction of fourth narrowbody Airbus aircraft in the fleet, Mihin Lanka is boosting the capacity to existing destinations in Madurai (up to daily), Dhaka (up to daily) and Lahore (up to fourth weekly) from April/June 2015. Mihin Lanka currently serving Ten destinations including Jakarta, Gaya, Varanasi, Medan, Sharjah, Seychelles, Madurai, Dhaka, Lahore and Bahrain by utilising one A320, couple of A321s, recently added one A319 and planning to lease couple of A320NEOs in the 2016/2017. Mihin Lanka is studying possibilities to add Kathmandu, Chittagong and Hochi minh city to it's network in the near future.

Colombo - Kolkota Flight Schedule

CMB-CCU - MJ331 - 07:05 - 10:00 - 1 5
        CMB-CCU - MJ331 - 11:20 - 14:15 - 3
        CCU-CMB - MJ332 - 11:00 - 14:00 - 1 5
        CCU-CMB - MJ332 - 15:00 - 18:00 - 3

Do you think CMB-CCU route will become successful for Mihin Lanka? and any update of merging Mihin with SriLankan?
        A trip report from the inaugural flight: http://airlinersindia.s4.bizhat.com/...rsindia#145501

Comment

• Originally posted by vishwa View Post
          Has anyone got photos of the landing of A380 (Dubai bound) at BIA today morning...

Comment

• Emirates A380

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveplane View Post
              Emirates A380
              Wow thanks !! It's nice to see A380 in Colombo. when did you take these pictures?

Comment

Wow thanks !! It's nice to see A380 in Colombo. when did you take these pictures?
                Yesterday morning

Comment

• Hi all!
                  I just arrived back home after a 3 week holiday in Sri Lanka. Very nice country with very nice people! I think we saw the most important things the country has to offer. Some better than the other.

For planespotting my trip started in Istanbul, Turkey. We had to stay there for 1 day because of an error made by Turkish Airlines. I think I spotted there entire fleet there.
                  In Male I took some pics through the window of the aircraft.
                  In Sri Lanka, I went to Kandy to spot the Air Taxi Cessna Caravan on its daily flights.
                  I also spotted an Avro from the Air Force. It was stored somewhere on route nearby Galle.
                  After that I went to the museum. Very nice museum! Better than the one we have in Brussels.
                  Yesterday on my last day, I went spotting in Colombo.

Spotted following:
                  FlyDubai B738 A6-FEG FEQ
                  Sri Lankan A340 4R-ADF
                  Sri Lankan A321 4R-ABQ
                  Air India A321 VT-PPH PPM
                  Oman Air B738 A4O-BV BH
                  Sri Lanka Air Force AN-32 SCM-868
                  Emirates B773 A6-EGU EGY EGB
                  Sri Lankan A320 4R-ABN ABL ABK ABM ABO
                  Sri Lankan A332 4R-ALB ALG ALA
                  Saudi Arabian B744 HZ-AIY
                  Mihin Lanka A321 4R-MRC MRD
                  Cinnamon Air CNC 4R-CAE CAG
                  Malaysia Airlines B738 9M-MXN
                  Sri Lankan A333 4R-ALN
                  Spicejet DHC-8 VT-SUE
                  Private Beech AP-CAC
                  Turkish A333 TC-JNM
                  Private B1900 ZS-EAK (black Air New Zealand cs)
                  Deccan Aviation 4R-DLZ
                  Mihin Lanka A320 4R-MRE
                  Korean Air A333 HL7554

Nice list for me, just missing the IL-18

Also, Anybody with more info about that AN-8 stored? former registration would be helpful.

Pictures to follow later.

Kind regards,
                  Yves

Kind Regards
                  Yves

Comment

• You are the man yengels.

We are waiting to see those pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                      You are the man yengels.

We are waiting to see those pictures.
                      Hi Yengels ! Hope you had a great time in Sri Lanka. Same here! Me too l,ooking forward to see your aviation pictures. Which airline did you use to fly Sri Lanka? How was the passenger load? Cabin service? on your flights.

Comment

Hi Yengels ! Hope you had a great time in Sri Lanka. Same here! Me too l,ooking forward to see your aviation pictures. Which airline did you use to fly Sri Lanka? How was the passenger load? Cabin service? on your flights.
                        I came in with Turkish Airlines. We had a 24hr delay in Istanbul because Turkish Airlines made a fault with our booking. First we flew the A321 to Istanbul. Good service but not a lot of space between the seats. The flight to Colombo was with a A330-200. You have more space there . It was via Male. The aircraft was full until Male. After Male more than 3/4'th of the pax got off leaving only a few to Colombo. Same on the way back, but than without the 24hrs delay .

Sri Lanka was worth visiting. We enjoyed our time and are thankful to all nice people who made our holiday complete. You just can't say anything bad about the Sri Lankan people .

Kind regards,
                        Yves

Kind Regards
                        Yves

Comment

• Originally posted by yengels View Post
                          I came in with Turkish Airlines. We had a 24hr delay in Istanbul because Turkish Airlines made a fault with our booking. First we flew the A321 to Istanbul. Good service but not a lot of space between the seats. The flight to Colombo was with a A330-200. You have more space there . It was via Male. The aircraft was full until Male. After Male more than 3/4'th of the pax got off leaving only a few to Colombo. Same on the way back, but than without the 24hrs delay .

Sri Lanka was worth visiting. We enjoyed our time and are thankful to all nice people who made our holiday complete. You just can't say anything bad about the Sri Lankan people .

Kind regards,
                          Yves
                          Nice to hear you had a good time in Sri Lanka !

Did you find out if we can take aviation pictures at Colombo Airport, Sri Lanka ?

Comment

Nice to hear you had a good time in Sri Lanka !

Did you find out if we can take aviation pictures at Colombo Airport, Sri Lanka ?
                            I talked to some people from the air force and all told me that is was allowed to take pictures where there are no signs that it is forbidden. I think it is ok as long as there is no building on the picture.

Kind regards,
                            Yves

Kind Regards
                            Yves

Comment

• Originally posted by yengels View Post
                              Hi all!
                              I just arrived back home after a 3 week holiday in Sri Lanka. Very nice country with very nice people! I think we saw the most important things the country has to offer. Some better than the other.

For planespotting my trip started in Istanbul, Turkey. We had to stay there for 1 day because of an error made by Turkish Airlines. I think I spotted there entire fleet there.
                              In Male I took some pics through the window of the aircraft.
                              In Sri Lanka, I went to Kandy to spot the Air Taxi Cessna Caravan on its daily flights.
                              I also spotted an Avro from the Air Force. It was stored somewhere on route nearby Galle.
                              After that I went to the museum. Very nice museum! Better than the one we have in Brussels.
                              Yesterday on my last day, I went spotting in Colombo.

Spotted following:
                              FlyDubai B738 A6-FEG FEQ
                              Sri Lankan A340 4R-ADF
                              Sri Lankan A321 4R-ABQ
                              Air India A321 VT-PPH PPM
                              Oman Air B738 A4O-BV BH
                              Sri Lanka Air Force AN-32 SCM-868
                              Emirates B773 A6-EGU EGY EGB
                              Sri Lankan A320 4R-ABN ABL ABK ABM ABO
                              Sri Lankan A332 4R-ALB ALG ALA
                              Saudi Arabian B744 HZ-AIY
                              Mihin Lanka A321 4R-MRC MRD
                              Cinnamon Air CNC 4R-CAE CAG
                              Malaysia Airlines B738 9M-MXN
                              Sri Lankan A333 4R-ALN
                              Spicejet DHC-8 VT-SUE
                              Private Beech AP-CAC
                              Turkish A333 TC-JNM
                              Private B1900 ZS-EAK (black Air New Zealand cs)
                              Deccan Aviation 4R-DLZ
                              Mihin Lanka A320 4R-MRE
                              Korean Air A333 HL7554

Nice list for me, just missing the IL-18

Also, Anybody with more info about that AN-8 stored? former registration would be helpful.

Pictures to follow later.

Kind regards,
                              Yves
                              It's an AN 8 previously owned by Skycabs Cargo. Registration 4R-SKI. I think it had an accident when it's landing in Colombo.

Where did you take the pictures of the airlines at Colombo Airport? Did you find any best plane spotting location?

Comment

• Hi Vihan , Wow! Can I know the location please?

Comment

Working...
                                X