Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard of the German Wings Flight, since over land the closure should be faster ! Prayers for the victims !

Singapore - RSAF C130 !

RSAF C130 Coasting over flats, to land in Paya Lebar Air Base !

Comment

• Originally posted by yengels View Post
      Hi all!

Since I am new to this forum a small introduction:
      I am Yves Engels from Belgium. I started my passion around 15 years ago. I saw some guys taking pictures and started to do so myself. I studied aeronautic engineering in Belgium and currently I am a licensed engineer on B737NG, B767 and E-190 with Tec4jets, Jetairfly based in Brussels.
      Also I have my own forum together with some friends about Ostend Airport. Feel free to visit and view our pictures. www.ebos-spotting.be
      I am planning a trip to Sri Lanka. As I can't leave Sri Lanka without doing any planespotting, I would like to ask you some questions.
      I do not find a lot of pictures from Sri Lanka. Is it allowed there to take pictures?
      If yes, are there some safe places around the airports where you can stand all day without any problems with the local authorities?
      Which airports/strips are a 'must' to visit?

Would like it a lot if some could be answered and thank you for having me here on the forum.

Kind regards,
      Yves
      best possible way is to get some one inside from Aviation authority. Last year I went to AF base and did some photos from that end . but that is something very very strictly prohibited action , but they allowed me to publish only civil aviation photos n not to publish any AF related photos .

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Emir of Qatar to arrive in Sri Lanka today. Has anybody know what flight the Qatari King is arriving on ?
        Originally posted by anthonylk View Post
        He arrived @ 1.30pm. on board A7-HHH is a A340-500.

http://www.flightradar24.com/2015-03...x/A345/5d3a0b8
        If i am not mistaken, Qatar Amiri A340-500 visited Colombo few years back as well.

New Bitmap Image (3)

New Bitmap Image (2)

source : hiru news

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonylk View Post

Ohh I missed it. -.-

Comment

Any other A350's been here?

Comment

Any other A350's been here?
              Do you mean A340-500?

As far as i remember, Emirates and Qatar Amiri flew A340-500 and Royal Jordanian, Gulf Air, Turkish and Cathay Pacific flew A340-200/300 to Colombo in the past.

Currently SriLankan is the only A340 operator out of Colombo.

Comment

I dont think no one can find photoes of this aircrafts interior since it is in emiri fleet aircraft

Comment

• Thx all for your reply! Learned a lot with that. I will try to contact the local authorities. Hoping for the best...

About the Germanwings, indeed sad news. Saw the aircraft (D-AIPX) when it was still flying for Lufthansa. The aircraft has s/n 147 so it was one of the first built A320's (built in 1991).
                  The last deadly accident LH had was in 1993 when an A320 suffered from a windshear. 2 persons died that day.

My shot from D-AIPX taken on 26/06/2005 in Düsseldorf:

Kind regards,
                  Yves Engels

Kind Regards
                  Yves

Comment

• Originally posted by yengels View Post
                    Thx all for your reply! Learned a lot with that. I will try to contact the local authorities. Hoping for the best...

About the Germanwings, indeed sad news. Saw the aircraft (D-AIPX) when it was still flying for Lufthansa. The aircraft has s/n 147 so it was one of the first built A320's (built in 1991).
                    The last deadly accident LH had was in 1993 when an A320 suffered from a windshear. 2 persons died that day.

My shot from D-AIPX taken on 26/06/2005 in Düsseldorf:

Kind regards,
                    Yves Engels
                    Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane'

The co-pilot of the Germanwings flight, named as Andreas Lubitz, intentionally started the plane's descent before it crashed into the French Alps, officials say.

Comment

• List of aircraft accidents and incidents intentionally caused by pilots

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                        Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32063587
                        Terrible news. And indeed not the first and most likely not the last to happen. With my work, I know a lot of pilots in training or very much experienced. Some of them fail to complete the training due to the expected performance you have to deliver to the company.
                        The pilot in question stopped his training for 6 months due to a burn-out. At such a moment men should question there doing. At the moment of the crash, he had 650 flight hours. He was following psychiatry. It's cliché to say it after such an accident, but one like him in the cockpit is dangerous.
                        Also, in my opinion, if you want to do suicide, do not take others with you. If you do I consider it as an act of terror.
                        My thoughts go to the family's and especially to the ones of the 16 children on board. May they rest in peace.

Kind regards,
                        Yves

Kind Regards
                        Yves

Comment

List of aircraft accidents and incidents intentionally caused by pilots

http://news.aviation-safety.net/2015...sed-by-pilots/
                          Thanks for the link. I would say MS990 aircrash is the worst of all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

Comment

• And MI 185 is still being disputed.

And to prove the point MI dumped all Boeings, and went A320/319

And now they are getting back to Boeing !

Comment

• Originally posted by sfernando34 View Post
                              fb-pic
                              Any idea about the unmarked A330 there?

Comment

• Etihad unveils Nicole Kidman advert

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X