This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
    SQ had a staggering number of B777-200ER (derated) and B777-200ER. The B777-200ER were back bone of Long Haul routes where B747-400 were too large for demand. The B777-200ER long haul routes includes/included, SIN-AMS-ORD, SIN-MAN, SIN-AMS, SIN-CPH, SIN-FCO, SIN-JNB-CPT, SIN-ICN-YVR, SIN-TPE-LAX. Some of which have now been taken over by B777-300ER. Where as the B777-200ER (derated) short haul/medium are now A330-300. SQ seem quite happy and have 31 frames in service.
    SQs fleet have been sold/leased back some time ago ..

Initially the 330s apparently ordered as part of the post 380 delivery plans to do common deck qualification, and increase pilot training, as the 345 was on it's way out, though the fleet has been growing and seems to be proving themselves.

And the 350s and 787-10 should progressively replace the 772s and 773s, then onwards.

Comment

• Today, Mahan Air is operating to Colombo after absense for an one year.

New Bitmap Image

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Today, Mahan Air is operating to Colombo after absense for an one year.
        i never knew we had birds from Tehran :O

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/aircraftlovers4, this page has some nice videos & pics of 4R-ALL & ALM & other aircraft at BIA

Comment

• Mihin Lanka A319 4R-MRF

web-video-icon

source : damie

Comment

• Sri Lanka spotting?

Hi all!

Since I am new to this forum a small introduction:
              I am Yves Engels from Belgium. I started my passion around 15 years ago. I saw some guys taking pictures and started to do so myself. I studied aeronautic engineering in Belgium and currently I am a licensed engineer on B737NG, B767 and E-190 with Tec4jets, Jetairfly based in Brussels.
              Also I have my own forum together with some friends about Ostend Airport. Feel free to visit and view our pictures. www.ebos-spotting.be
              I am planning a trip to Sri Lanka. As I can't leave Sri Lanka without doing any planespotting, I would like to ask you some questions.
              I do not find a lot of pictures from Sri Lanka. Is it allowed there to take pictures?
              If yes, are there some safe places around the airports where you can stand all day without any problems with the local authorities?
              Which airports/strips are a 'must' to visit?

Would like it a lot if some could be answered and thank you for having me here on the forum.

Kind regards,
              Yves

Kind Regards
              Yves

Comment

• Originally posted by yengels View Post
                Hi all!

I am Yves Engels from Belgium. I started my passion around 15 years ago. I saw some guys taking pictures and started to do so myself. I studied aeronautic engineering in Belgium and currently I am a licensed engineer on B737NG, B767 and E-190 with Tec4jets, Jetairfly based in Brussels.
                Also I have my own forum together with some friends about Ostend Airport. Feel free to visit and view our pictures. www.ebos-spotting.be
                I am planning a trip to Sri Lanka. As I can't leave Sri Lanka without doing any planespotting, I would like to ask you some questions.
                I do not find a lot of pictures from Sri Lanka. Is it allowed there to take pictures?
                If yes, are there some safe places around the airports where you can stand all day without any problems with the local authorities?

Would like it a lot if some could be answered and thank you for having me here on the forum.

Kind regards,
                Yves
                I too have been trying to find out the procedures for plane spotting at the BIA, but so far not been able to get any info. Calls to the Airport & Aviation Services also didnt work out.

Comment

Hi all!

Kind regards,
                  Yves
                  As I heard it will be not easy to or its possible get permission to do spotting near Airport in Srilanka.

Comment

• and inside the airport there still are prominent no-photography signs stuck on the window panes

Note that the other side of the airport in the AF Base, hence they have all the right to stop anybody taking pictures !

Comment

• Emir of Qatar to arrive in Sri Lanka today. Has anybody know what flight the Qatari King is arriving on ?

Comment

Emir of Qatar to arrive in Sri Lanka today. Has anybody know what flight the Qatari King is arriving on ?
                        He arrived @ 1.30pm. on board A7-HHH is a A340-500.

Comment

• Airbus A320 crash: German Wings flight 'down in southern France'

AirLive.net

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonylk View Post
                            Shocking news! This Germanwings owned by Lufthansa which is the safest airline in the world.

Comment

Hi all!

Kind regards,
                              Yves
                              Are we allowed to do Plane spotting from Negombo lagoon? or do we have to get a permission from Police?

Comment

Shocking news! This Germanwings owned by Lufthansa which is the safest airline in the world. Does any body know when did Lufthansa airplane crashed for the last time?
                                Nothing to say at this stage except.. thoughts and prayers go out the families of those involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X