Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Francis is, finally, on Philippine soil. The head of the Roman Catholic Church disembarked from his chartered SriLankan Airlines plane at 5:58 pm to beg...

Comment

• Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/@Rappler/More videos on Rappler: https://www.rappler.com/video Follow Rappler for the latest news in the Philippines and a...

Kapila Chandrasena was on board

Comment

• Starts at 5.45pm local time (10.45am CET)Pope Francis' Apostolic Journey to Sri Lanka and Philippines

Pope in Philippines - Arrival at Manilla Airport

Comment

• Spotted at PPSG Bundok.SriLankan Airlines flight 4111 from Colombo, Sri Lanka (CMB/VCBI) carrying Pope Francis touches down at Manila, Philippines (MNL/RPLL)...

4R-ADF touching down in MNL with Pope Francis on board

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFYotMhojrE

4R-ADF touching down in MNL with Pope Francis on board
            Nice video! Is it the first time Srilankan flew to Manila Airport?

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
              Nope they won't. There isn't any bilateral trade and it is a very low yielding market. Plus I believe a direct flight would be out of range for a A320/321. A332/A333 and A343 will be two big. An example of how low yielding and how much budget focused PH is. PR I believe flies the A333 with the highest density. If I am not mistaken A333 with 404 seats. 390 Y and 14 Y+
              According to OAG, Mihin Lanka was planning to start nonstop flights to Manila in Feb 2012. Please see below.

Originally posted by banuthev View Post
              According to OAG , Mihin Lanka starts nonstop flights to Manila from Colombo , starting 23 rd February 2012. Flightstats says that this route to be operated on board A330 aircraft. So When did Mihin Lanka took delivery of A330 ? or Is this A330 leased from SriLankan as per this news - (http://www.dailynews.lk/2011/12/08/bus04.asp). Can anyone shed any light on this?

Colombo-Manila Flight Schedule

07:35 - 16:05 > 17:15 - 20:40 - MJ804/5 - A330 - Days of Ops : Tue.Thu - CMB-MNL-CMB (effec 23 Feb 2012)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVtgjYhiLfE

Kapila Chandrasena was on board
                How did you find out Kapila Chandrasena was onboard on UL4111 ? Is he still CEO for SriLankan?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                  How did you find out Kapila Chandrasena was onboard on UL4111 ? Is he still CEO for SriLankan?
                  Yes I believe he is. Only the Chairman has quit.

Comment

According to OAG, Mihin Lanka was planning to start nonstop flights to Manila in Feb 2012. Please see below.
                    This does not seem factually correct re: A330. Plus I dont think MJ flights to MNL ever operated. Proposal may have been there. I wont put this news past a piece of bad journalism.

Comment

he can be seen on the left side of the exit in the video....

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
                        Nope they won't. There isn't any bilateral trade and it is a very low yielding market. Plus I believe a direct flight would be out of range for a A320/321. A332/A333 and A343 will be two big. An example of how low yielding and how much budget focused PH is. PR I believe flies the A333 with the highest density. If I am not mistaken A333 with 404 seats. 390 Y and 14 Y+
                        Philippines works in a very different style .. as of now Filipinos get E-Visa, vs arrival visa before

Sri Lankans have to submit a dozen documents even for tourist visa

not likely for PH to change their protected air space !!

PH has a strong local air industry, with PAL, Cebu pacific, Air Asia and dozens of small operators, but they are all in control, in limiting foreign airlines cannibalising their yield

5J too has 333 with high density seating !

PR just started adding more 321s with high density seating

banuthev, MJ never flew to manila, but they code shared with other carriers, for tranist pax

Comment

he can be seen on the left side of the exit in the video....

Love the Vatican Insignina next to the door .... !!!

Comment

• interesting that PR also flew the Pope back to Milan, on a 340-300 !!!

Call Sign, Shepherd One !

Comment

• Hi all, sorry about my absence for a long time. I was laden with quite a bit of work
                              I recently had to go to Delhi on a quick trip, I decided to cover it in a video trip report.
                              It also includes some scenes from the Colombo Airport

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• any plane spotting of US Airforce 01 in India ?

Comment

Working...
                                X