Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These pictures are from back in December, and only just now had the opportunity to upload them. For Christmas, my girlfriend arranged a tour for me of Washington Dulles International airport, where her best friend's father works as an electrician, repairing runway lights and making sure everything stays functioning. He was able to drive me around the tarmac during morning rush, and these were some snaps I was able to get. This has got to be the best Christmas present I have ever gotten. She is truly amazing! She also got to enjoy the full tour with me as we went around the airport. This is what we saw:

My girlfriend and I in front of South African A340-300 "Siyanooba", after arrival from JNB via Dakar, Senegal

CFM Engine of the South African Airbus A340-300 that visits IAD on a daily basis, occasionally get surprised with an A346

The glorious Emirates Boeing 777-300ER, morning departure back to Dubai as EK232 Heavy

The tail of mighty A6-ECK as she rolls to Runway 30 for departure

EK 77W blowdrying the runway as she roars off to DXB

Ethiopian Airlines 777-200LR departing to Addis Ababa (Normally a 788 but still a gorgeous plane)

Korean Air B772 being prepped for its long return flight to Seoul Incheon as KE094

United Airlines Airbus A320, a very common sight at IAD

United Boeing 777-200ER taxiing to Runway 19C for departure to Beijing-Capital (PEK)
    Last edited by sfernando34; 11-04-2014, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Continuation of the Dulles tour:

Inside of United Airlines' brand new hangar at Dulles

UA heavies parked at their respective gates at concourse C

Concourse B overview. This terminal becomes much busier in the afternoon as more international arrivals come in (QR, SV, LH, BA, VS, AF, EY)

Private Boeing 757 parked on the ramp

Inside the ramp tower

Main control tower
      Last edited by sfernando34; 11-04-2014, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• @sfernando34; Do they still have those unique Mobile Lounges at IAD? I remember on one of them way back in mid 90's.

Comment

• Plane spotting at BIA

Comment

• Originally posted by 88gee View Post
            Plane spotting at BIA
            Wow!! Awesome shots 88gee!! Did you take these photos from the SLAF base at CMB?

Comment

• Awesome Shots Ghinthaka Arambewala :P
              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Awesome Shots buddy
                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Plane spotting at BIA
                  Hey ! That SLAF An 32b looks very weird !! It's brown in color !! Have they painted it :O ?
                  Haleef Ismail
                  www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                    Wow!! Awesome shots 88gee!! Did you take these photos from the SLAF base at CMB?
                    yes we ( SLRC) is doing a program on this sunday 27.04.14 so did a pre shoot in the AF base . I was allowed to take my camera but not to publish the base photos .... all the credits must go to AF base commander and all for giving me this opportunity and as promised im not publishing any photo relating to AF

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                      Awesome Shots Ghinthaka Arambewala :P
                      Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                      Awesome Shots buddy
                      tnx a lot bro

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                        Hey ! That SLAF An 32b looks very weird !! It's brown in color !! Have they painted it :O ?
                        yes refurbished + new livery of AN 32b now i guess it has a vip configuration

Comment

• Thanks a lot Ghinthaka for this amazing photos.

Comment

• Also many thanks to sfernando.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
                              @sfernando34; Do they still have those unique Mobile Lounges at IAD? I remember on one of them way back in mid 90's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_lounge
                              Indeed they do. They are a bit ancient at this stage but they are still in use. They wont' be along much longer though, as they are putting in an underground rail system that will give passengers access to all terminals at IAD. But some inbound non-United international passengers still use it to go from the B Concourse to Passport control/customs.

Comment

Plane spotting at BIA

Wow excellent shots! Nice shots of Turkish, Saudi and Rotana. Don't see too many shots of those birds at BIA very often

Comment

Working...
                                X