Plane Spotting & Flight Reports

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2053
    Prime minister of Japan was in Sri Lanka. Is this aircraft belong to Japan Government or Japan Airlines ?

Fits Air
    McDonnell Douglas MD-80
    4R-EXM
    At CSIA,Mumbai - VABB/BOM

Spotted By : Akshay Uchil
    — at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Prime minister of Japan was in Sri Lanka. Is this aircraft belong to Japan Government or Japan Airlines ?
    Japan Airforce 1

Best Hong Kong Kai Tak Airport Landings.. Name the airline and aircraft types in the video?

Owned by Government of Japan/JASDF
    Japanese Air Force One and Japanese Air Force Two are the radio callsigns of the two Boeing 747 aircraft used by the government of Japan for overseas travel by the Emperor, Prime Minister and other high-ranking officials. Radio callsigns Cygnus One and Cygnus Two when operating outside of official business (e.g., on training flights). These aircrafts will be replaced by Boeing 777-300ER aircraft in fiscal year 2019
    Last edited by Speedbird; 13-09-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Spotting at Colombo Banadaranaike International Airport

SriLankan Airlines Airbus A330-200 [4R-ALG] at Colombo-Bandaranaike International Airport

Jet Airways Boeing 737-800 [VT-JBE] at Colombo-Bandaranaike International Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    SriLankan Airlines Airbus A330-200 [4R-ALG] at Colombo-Bandaranaike International Airport
    Jet Airways Boeing 737-800 [VT-JBE] at Colombo-Bandaranaike International Airport
    Aaqib - Nice Video from CMB!! If I am not mistaken this video was taken in the early morning. That Korean Air departing to MLE? Where did you fly this time from CMB? Which airline?

Blog Entries
    Aaqib - Nice Video from CMB!! If I am not mistaken this video was taken in the early morning. That Korean Air departing to MLE? Where did you fly this time from CMB? Which airline?
    Thanks Banu,the video was shot at 6:00 am.
    Yes its KE 473 (Airbus A330-300 taking off to MLE) I was flying UL 121 (4R-ADC to MAA)

Blog Entries

SriLankan Airlines Airbus A340-300 [4R-ADC] flying from CMB to MAA

Spotting at Colombo Banadaranaike International Airport
    Nice to see some Vids of CMB after a loooong time

SriLankan Airlines Airbus A340-300 [4R-ADC] flying from CMB to MAA
    Why are they using a 343 for this short route

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by umedhah View Post
    Why are they using a 343 for this short route
    Hi Umedah, well they use the A340 mainly (ADA,ADB and ADC) to routes in the Middle East,India and Maldives.These are the three which would be going out of service this year.The aircraft are poorly maintained and are used for these shuttle short haul services. UL 121 was almost 40% emplty when i flew it last Tuesday. It had uncomfortable seats almost falling off and IFE not functioning properly.
    A friend of mine flying UL 154 (ADE) was stuck in the toilet for almost 10 minutes due to a jammed door.
    Overall them A340's have a high operation cost and poor maintenance which is why UL operate their A330's to Europe and thier A340's to South Asia and the Middle East

Blog Entries

Spice Jet Bombardier Q400 Landing in Colombo

Spice Jet Bombardier Q400 operating as SG 3341 on a daily scheduled flight from Madurai (IXM) lands at Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)

Spice Jet is a great budget carrier and definitely one of the best with a new fleet of Boeing 737-800 and 737-900ER aircraft along with Bombardier Q400 aircraft.
    Comfortable seats,plenty of legroom,good customer service and crew as well as great food.Overall a great airline which i would definitely recommend to everyone as a superb budget carrier and one of the finest.

Flew SG 291 (Boeing 737-800 VT-SZB) from MAA to IXM
    Here's SG 3341 (Bombardier Q400 VT-SUM) from MAA landing at CMB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by umedhah View Post
    Japan Airforce 1
    JapForce One :P

JapForce One :P
    Thanks Aa

Hi Umedah, well they use the A340 mainly (ADA,ADB and ADC) to routes in the Middle East,India and Maldives.These are the three which would be going out of service this year.The aircraft are poorly maintained and are used for these shuttle short haul services. UL 121 was almost 40% emplty when i flew it last Tuesday. It had uncomfortable seats almost falling off and IFE not functioning properly.
    A friend of mine flying UL 154 (ADE) was stuck in the toilet for almost 10 minutes due to a jammed door.
    Overall them A340's have a high operation cost and poor maintenance which is why UL operate their A330's to Europe and their A340's to South Asia and the Middle East
    Thanks Aaqib.. so sad to hear the fate for ADA,B,C once a proud bird soon to be scrapped ;(

Wow I can see AN125 parked at the SLAF base? When did you take this video? Do you know the purpose of it's visit to CMB?

Wow I can see AN124 parked at the SLAF base? When did you take this video? Do you know the purpose of it's visit to CMB?
    This came to take the SLAF equipment to South Africa Mi 17s, trucks etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    This came to take the SLAF equipment to South Africa Mi 17s, trucks etc..
    Sri Lanka deploys air units to the UN

The Sri Lanka Air Force has deployed an aviation unit under the United Nations Multidimensional Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA), the Air Force announced today.

Air Force Air Marshal Kolitha Gunatilleke said that this is the first ever aircraft deployment by Sri Lanka and the Sri Lanka Air Force under a UN mandate in Sri Lanka’s history.

Three Mi-17 helicopters from the SLAF fleet along with 122 personnel consisting pilots, engineers and other supporting staff will proceed on the Mission as the No. 62 Helicopter Flight, which will be an extension of the No. 6 Helicopter Squadron.

http://colombogazette.com/2014/09/09...s-to-the-un-2/

Blog Entries
    Wow I can see AN125 parked at the SLAF base? When did you take this video? Do you know the purpose of it's visit to CMB?

This was taken on the 13th of September