This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sfernando34 View Post
    Wow great shots! I guess EY was running late, as if usually begins its journey back to AUH around 4:25 am. And it's a bit frightening to see those IL-18s go off. Harrowing to say the least, with a large plumes of smoke filling the sky behind it
    as said, the gear retraction itself is mind boggling .. Forget the smoke

See from 15 sec onwards

Comment

• Plane Spotting in London Heathrow - 11-August-2013

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
        @Highflyer: that UL343 was taken long back i guess... coz the website on the fuselage says .aero, now its .com
        Thanks Highflyer for Colombo Airport Pictures.. Like umedhah said I think these pictures not latest as SriLankan aircraft has .com on the fuselage, these days.

I will be flying via Colombo next month.. @Sakith - Does Colombo Airport security still doesn't allow people to take pictures in the terminal? I wish if I can take some of pictures this time

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
          as said, the gear retraction itself is mind boggling .. Forget the smoke

See from 15 sec onwards
          Yep this is exactly how it looked lol. They hardly have any vertical speed as well when they are going up. There are still a few of these operating passenger service in parts of East Africa. I think it would be a unique, but quite intimidating flight ;D

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
            Plane Spotting in London Heathrow - 11-August-2013
            -
            -
            -
            -
            Lovely shots. I always love seeing those Air New Zealand 773s with their hobbit or Kiwis livery, looks amazing. Saudia's planes always look like they could use a good wash! I have heard that the interior of their aircraft are also quite torn up and in need or upgrading. Singapore 388 is looking gorgeous as always

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
              @Highflyer: that UL343 was taken long back i guess... coz the website on the fuselage says .aero, now its .com
              also it has the "City of Magam-Ruhunupura" label on the nose now

Comment

• Does anybody know what is the airline with a blue tail? this is in Colombo.

Comment

• Private Charter, if I recall correctly .. trying to search my brain ..

Comment

• Finally made it to Reagan National to do some spotting again... It was a lovely evening. Here are a few of my better shots:

Airport Overview (Mounds of dirt are for a new terminal they are beginning construction on)

Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-800 climbing gracefully up over the Potomac River, as Alaska 3 to Seattle. The US Capitol building can be seen in the background

United Airlines Boeing 737-800 climbing into the evening sky, as United 1168 to Houston, Texas

American Airlines Super 80 on upwind, bound for St. Louis, Missouri

US Airways Airbus A319-100. This lovely livery may not be around much longer, due to AWE's pending merger into American Airlines

A very cheerfully coloured Southwest Boeing 737-700 climbing as it departs to the south

Comment

Finally made it to Reagan National to do some spotting again... It was a lovely evening. Here are a few of my better shots:
                      wonderful shots!!!
                      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Finally made it to Reagan National to do some spotting again... It was a lovely evening. Here are a few of my better shots:

sfernando34, Very nice shots! Do you know what's the name of the airline in the bottom right hand corner of the picture?

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                          sfernando34, Very nice shots! Do you know what's the name of the airline in the bottom right hand corner of the picture?
                          This is Midwest Airlines. It used to be called Midwest Express, and operate primarily MD-80 family and DC-9 aircraft. Their main base is at General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They are famous for serving fresh baked chocolate chip cookies on all of their flights , the whole cabin smells like a bakery, and they are served fresh out of the oven.

Comment

• any new pics from Mattala (HRI)???

Comment

• Unfortunately, this is the last time before December that I will probably be able to do any spotting, as I am returning to university soon and there is no major airport in the vicinity

However, I did manage to get some pretty decent shots during my time at Washington Ronald Reagan National (KDCA)

US Airways Express CRJ-200. This is the most common aircraft at Reagan National

United Express Dash 8-Q400 cruising into Runway 19, arriving from Newark (KEWR) as United 4876

Up close and personal with a US Airways Airbus A319, moments from a smooth touch down

A Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-300 equipped with winglets prepares for departure to the south, bound for Houston, Texas (KHOU)

Delta Airlines Super 80 turning onto runway 19, anticipating departure to Atlanta-Hartsfield, the world's busiest airport. Sadly, these birds won't much longer

US Airways Airbus A319 making a bumpy arrival through a slight crosswind

Comment

• Washington Reagan Spotting Part 2

American Airlines Super 80 making a graceful arrival from St. Louis. Had the pleasure of flying aboard one of these beauties several years ago.

United Airlines Airbus A319, patiently awaiting her turn before departing back to Chicago-O'hare (KORD)

Preparing for her short journey to Philadelphia (KPHL)

Frontier Airlines Airbus A320 arriving from Denver (KDEN). Credit for this photo goes to my friend Ahmed Khazaal, who faithfully joins me for most of my spotting trips to KDCA.
                                Last edited by sfernando34; 22-08-2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X