Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow close call! People filming this were lucky to get away unharmed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
      It looks like SQ served CMB during the day time hours in 1973.
      well, the night flights are great, to get into CMB on a night flight, do the work and get out the next day, with just a day missed in Singapore

Some more pictures of mine .. Stolen Shot (of mine of course) Singapore AF C130 at Paya Lebar Air Base - the main MRO Base for Fedex and USAF and all else in between .. and the secondary base for the F15SGs and the older F16s and F5s. Rarely have I seen the E2Cs or the new G550 EWs.

QF 747-400, a sight that was supposed to reduce, but .. QF says otherwise ... making Sin a major hub anyway, and also for JQs expansions

SQ 777-200ER

SQ 330-300

Last edited by ecureilx; 29-05-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Saw a news item of Ugandan prime minister transiting via CMB.

Track 5X-UGF flight from Amilcar Cabral Int'l to Savannah/Hilton Head Intl

Comment

• Ever thought spotting on this scale would be possible at CMB
          Andy Vass has made it a reality, Expo air's IL18 approaching Rwy 04 at CMB on 22/02/13 (taken from adjacent SLAF Base)

Andy Vass's photos from Ratmalana:
          4R-HTO Helitours Yunshuji Y-7 MA60 (c/n 0709), Ratmalana 21st February 2013
          Last edited by dilushasg-bdavi; 30-05-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
            Saw a news item of Ugandan prime minister transiting via CMB.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/5XUGF
            Transit ?? More of a tech- refuelling stop for the G550 I guess

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
              Transit ?? More of a tech- refuelling stop for the G550 I guess
              I think Tech/refuelling stop in Colombo. - http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/30094...nt-at-bia.html

Comment

• Originally posted by sfernando34 View Post

Wow close call! People filming this were lucky to get away unharmed!
                OMG! Where is this airport ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                  OMG! Where is this airport ?
                  VGZR - Zia International, Dhaka.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
                    VGZR - Zia International, Dhaka.
                    Now it is VGHS (Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport)

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                      Now it is VGHS (Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport)
                      I thought that this incident took place at an airbase in Dhaka? I read somewhere that the jet had mistakenly landed at the airbase, which has a shorter runway than a 747 can handle, and then it had to take off with minimum fuel, causing damage to the runway lights in the process.

Comment

I thought that this incident took place at an airbase in Dhaka? I read somewhere that the jet had mistakenly landed at the airbase, which has a shorter runway than a 747 can handle, and then it had to take off with minimum fuel, causing damage to the runway lights in the process.
                        Yes. it happened at the Tejgaon Municipal Airport (also BAF Base) 5km south of VGHS, however it has runway of 2.7 km and has operated 747s in the 1970s when it was an intl airport

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                          Yes. it happened at the Tejgaon Municipal Airport (also BAF Base) 5km south of VGHS, however it has runway of 2.7 km and has operated 747s in the 1970s when it was an intl airport
                          So then why was this 747 unable to takeoff without wiping out the runway lights and barely avoiding the wall?

Comment

So then why was this 747 unable to takeoff without wiping out the runway lights and barely avoiding the wall?
                            only 2000m of the runway is usable at the moment as a lot of repair works are being carried out, i guess thats the reason

Comment

• Plane Spotting at London Heathrow International Airport - 1-June-2013

Comment

• I finally made it to Washington Dulles, my first time there since early March! It was great to click a few shots of some heavies during the afternoon rush hour of flights from Europe and the Middle East.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Boeing 777-200ER

United Airlines Boeing 737-800

Virgin Atlantic Airbus A330-300

United Parcel Service Airbus A300F parked on the cargo ramp

Saudi Boeing 777-200ER parked with a South African Airbus A340-300, which reaches IAD from Johannesburg via Dakar, Senegal

United Airlines Boeing 757-200

Lufthansa Airbus A340-300 parked next to Austrian 767-300ER
                                Last edited by sfernando34; 02-06-2013, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X