This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sfernando34 View Post
    Does anyone know which plane President Rajapaksa takes when he visits the United States. The chance of seeing a Sri Lankan Airlines plane at a US Airport is next to none, but he visits New York and Washington DC (where I live) usually when he comes to USA. He frequently goes to New York for UN meetings, but I cannot find any pictures anywhere of a Sri Lankan Airlines plane at JFK. Does anybody have an idea?
    Sakith, any idea which flight president took from Sri Lanka to United States. I remember he flew on Qatar Airways or Emirates to United States when he go to Washington DC last time.

Comment

• Srilankan Airlines A 330 , 4R-ALG not seen in the skies since April 30, 2013.

IMG_0622.jpg

4R-ALG was not visible in the radar since April 30 , 2013. Is it under maintenance?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
        [ATTACH]61[/ATTACH]

4R-ALG was not visible in the radar since April 30 , 2013. Is it under maintenance?
        Nice pic! Where is this airport ? LHR ? I will try to find out the latest status of 4R-ALG .

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
          Sakith, any idea which flight president took from Sri Lanka to United States. I remember he flew on Qatar Airways or Emirates to United States when he go to Washington DC last time.
          Can reveal after movement finish.. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
            all the beasts this time nice
            Thanks Umedhah! Few more beasts from LHR

After a long time I managed to catch SriLankan at LHR! 4R-ALA need bath!

Air Malta in special livery!

United B757 with sharlets!

Tunis Air leaves to Tunis!

A couple of TAMs from Brazil! A332 in the ramp B773 in airbridge!

Comment

• Originally posted by uthum View Post
              This is probably going to Edmonton (YEG)
              Yes I believe Air Canada uses Airbus A319s on their seasonal services to Heathrow from St. John's and Halifax. I remember watching an aviation video where they had interviewed pilots from Air Canada who flew that route, and they said there was quite a bit of confusion from the Heathrow controllers at first when they said they were an A319. An interesting catch for spotters in the UK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
                Ohhh ok so he flew commercial. GL Peiris also came to Washington a few years ago, and I had been looking for shots of a UL bird at Washington Dulles, but to no avail. It makes sense now that he also probably flew commercial.
                Last edited by sfernando34; 26-05-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Yes they use A 319. It is only around 5 - 6 hr trans atlantic flight and not heavy passanger route as I think.

Comment

• Yes London Heathrow on March 10 , 2013. I took that flight to CMB and it flew as UL 506 which had around 50% load factor on that day. That's why they it runs as a seasonal flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
                      Yes London Heathrow on March 10 , 2013. I took that flight to CMB and it flew as UL 506 which had around 50% load factor on that day. That's why they it runs as a seasonal flight.
                      Just spoke to Aircraft Technician about 4R-ALG , he said 4R-ALG in it's last steps of C-Check, it will be flying after few days.

Comment

• More Washington Reagan (DCA) spotting shots... finally some sunny weather.

American Airlines Boeing 737-800 on final approach

US Airways Embraer 170 (400th Embraer 170!)

US Airways Airbus A319, a common sight at DCA

Private plane landing (A rare sight at Reagan!)

Comment

• SQ B707 at CMB (1973)

Courtesy: Thilak priyankara (senior controller @ MRIA)

Comment

• Originally posted by sfernando34 View Post
                            Ohhh ok so he flew commercial. GL Peiris also came to Washington a few years ago, and I had been looking for shots of a UL bird at Washington Dulles, but to no avail. It makes sense now that he also probably flew commercial.
                            He flew to CHINA wz ADG

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                              SQ B707 at CMB (1973)

Courtesy: Thilak priyankara (senior controller @ MRIA)
                              Oh....look at the old Air Ceylon colors in the 2 trucks. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
                                Oh....look at the old Air Ceylon colors in the 2 trucks. Thanks for sharing.
                                It looks like SQ served CMB during the day time hours in 1973.

Comment

Working...
                                X