This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
    Cathay's Ex A333 Ready to go - Im waiting for Accurate Confirmation from rite source.
    do u hav a pic???

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
      As far as I am aware A346 is one of the standard-stuff in LHR where Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, South African, Thai Airways and Virgin Atlantic are flying on A346s. Iberia's A346 visits LHR during the peak travel season. Occasionally A346-VIP versions also seen here. I like the A346 in Thai Air livery but South African Airways is boring
      And I'd love to see the look on the face of those who swear that 346 are gas guzzlers and are dying breed and are there to bring destruction to any airline who uses them ..

I wonder if the bean counters at the airlines heard about the apparent destruction that the 346 can cause Armchair critics Galore I guess

Comment

• An Aussie airforce A319 is flying from Christmas island airport to BIA!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Sorry for not posting recently! I have been busy with my job and studies. Here are some of my latest shots from my most recent trips to Washington Reagan National Airport! They were landing in the direction of the airport park that day, which made for some nice photos!

Reagan National Airport Overview

Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-800

US Airways Embraer ERJ-190

Air Canada Jazz CRJ-200

Various planes awaiting departure from Runway 19

United Airlines Airbus A320-200

Delta Airlines Boeing 757-200

US Airways Express CRJ-200

United Airlines Boeing 737-700

American Airlines Boeing 737-800 preparing for departure to Miami International Airport (KMIA)
          Last edited by sfernando34; 22-05-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
            An Aussie airforce A319 is flying from Christmas island airport to BIA!!!!!!!!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/95344161@N02/8782330474/#
            Our Guys was discussing about this A319 operates from Christmas Island. Please read : http://www.airsrilanka.org/forum/sho...ull=1#post5543

Originally posted by sfernando34 View Post
            Sorry for not posting recently! I have been busy with my job and studies. Here are some of my latest shots from my most recent trips to Washington Reagan National Airport! They were landing in the direction of the airport park that day, which made for some nice photos!

Nice Shots! Does bird strike happen a lot at Washington Reagan? Reason I am asking I read on some website that birds come quite often to the pond which is located next to the runway. It creates issues of Bird strikes.

Comment

• Can anyone recongnise the AN12 parked in CMB on 20-APR-2013 ? interesting livery !!

Thanks to Saman J.

Comment

Our Guys was discussing about this A319 operates from Christmas Island. Please read : http://www.airsrilanka.org/forum/sho...ull=1#post5543

Nice Shots! Does bird strike happen a lot at Washington Reagan? Reason I am asking I read on some website that birds come quite often to the pond which is located next to the runway. It creates issues of Bird strikes.
                Surprisingly, bird strikes do not happen that often at Reagan. I think it is diverted mainly by the noise makers that are installed next to the runway. Before a plane is set to land or take off, these machines make loud popping noises, which send birds flying away from the runway in good time before planes are set to arrive. There has not been any incidents of bird strikes at the airport in recent memory, it would likely make the news around here if any such thing did happen. However, a bigger incident which caught national aviation attention here in the United States was a close call, where a controller instructed one plane to land while another one was on the runway. They concluded that this was caused by fatigue, as controllers were being asked to work dangerously long hours.

Comment

Just found this A319 operate by Australia Government - Department of the Environment and Water Resources. It transports the deported Sri Lankan assylum seekers from XCH to CMB. http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...418-2i31q.html. This aircraft visited CMB also on 18/19 Apr 2013.

Seems as though these Australian Air Force Airbuses are visiting CMB a lot these days

Comment

• Does anyone know which plane President Rajapaksa takes when he visits the United States. The chance of seeing a Sri Lankan Airlines plane at a US Airport is next to none, but he visits New York and Washington DC (where I live) usually when he comes to USA. He frequently goes to New York for UN meetings, but I cannot find any pictures anywhere of a Sri Lankan Airlines plane at JFK. Does anybody have an idea?

Comment

• Plane Spotting at London Heathrow International Airport - 25-MAY-2013

Air Canada A319 in LHR

Comment

Plane Spotting at London Heathrow International Airport - 25-MAY-2013

Air Canada A319 in LHR
                        This is probably going to Edmonton (YEG)

Comment

• Originally posted by uthum View Post
                          This is probably going to Edmonton (YEG)
                          I just checked on Flightstats that shows Air Canada operates daily flights to St Johns (YYT) on A319 ? Is that correct ?

Comment

I just checked on Flightstats that shows Air Canada operates daily flights to St Johns (YYT) on A319 ? Is that correct ?
                            Yes, AC operates seasonal flights to YYT, but I'm not sure if they use an A319.

Comment

Plane Spotting at London Heathrow International Airport - 25-MAY-2013
                              all the beasts this time nice
                              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by uthum View Post
                                Yes, AC operates seasonal flights to YYT, but I'm not sure if they use an A319.
                                Correct! AC operates YYT-LHR flights during the Summer only. I think there is no sufficient passenger demand to operate for all seasons on YYT-LHR sector Flying hours between YYT and LHR is only 5:00 or 5:40 hrs so St Johns is very closer to Europe than I thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X