This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mihin Lanka flight diverted

Guys 4R-MRC operating to MAA as MJ129 has been diverted back to CMB according to FR24...
    Any idea what the cause may be? Probably the weather conditions I presume?
    Please update as ill be flying the same route day-after tomorrow

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
    -Aaqib Hussain
    (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
    www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Sri Lankan Airlines Flight UL123 bound for Chennai (MAA) returns to Colombo (CMB) after 2 hours of flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
        Sri Lankan Airlines Flight UL123 bound for Chennai (MAA) returns to Colombo (CMB) after 2 hours of flight.
        @Sandaru
        Tamil Nadu is having severe weather conditions and many flights have either been cancelled, delayed or diverted and even schools have been asked to close for 3 days.
        This is according to my friend who flew to MAA yesterday morning
        Check FR24...looks pretty bad
        -Aaqib Hussain
        (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
        www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
          @Sandaru
          Tamil Nadu is having severe weather conditions and many flights have either been cancelled, delayed or diverted and even schools have been asked to close for 3 days.
          This is according to my friend who flew to MAA yesterday morning
          Check FR24...looks pretty bad
          Ahhh I see.... I cheked the arrivals and departures of Chennai, almost every flight is either diverted or canceled !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
            Yeah fantastic shots yengels!! Did you take pictures in Colombo Airport when you were arriving in Sri Lanka?
            Only 1 taken from inside a bus on our way to the terminal. This AN-8:

Kind Regards
            Yves

Comment

• Originally posted by yengels View Post
              One of the Antonov An-8 of old SKYCABS cargo airline of Sri Lanka i guess?

Comment

Yeah fantastic shots yengels!! Did you take pictures in Colombo Airport when you were arriving in Sri Lanka?
                Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                One of the Antonov An-8 of old SKYCABS cargo airline of Sri Lanka i guess?
                Correct Sandru. Do you know the rego of this AN8?
                I would've happy to seen If they kept the 4R-ADA with Air Lanka livery. Silly gov couldn't even affort to buy the expired A340 from the leasing company for our good memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by yengels View Post

Nice shot!
                  Notsure what's gonna happen to this An8 when Colombo airport build the second terminal where this An8 stored.
                  Oh !! May I know what's the reason you couldn't take the pictures of planes at Colombo airport ?

Comment

Correct Sandru. Do you know the rego of this AN8?
                    I would've happy to seen If they kept the 4R-ADA with Air Lanka livery. Silly gov couldn't even affort to buy the expired A340 from the leasing company for our good memories.
                    It is 4R-SKI... Am i correct??

Manufacturer Serial Number - 53420
                    Operated by Russian Air Force and Aeroflot before Sky Cabs

Comment

• Hi did anyone notice this, JAL8839 was travelling to some other destination but it had landed here and destination shows Nagoya>Colombo

Last edited by vishwa; 03-12-2015, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vishwa View Post
                        Hi did anyone notice this, JAL8839 was travelling to some other destination but it had landed here and destination shows Nagoya>Colombo

I had seen JL operating the Nagoya-Colombo-Entebbe route several times this year.

Comment

Nice shot!
                          Notsure what's gonna happen to this An8 when Colombo airport build the second terminal where this An8 stored.
                          Oh !! May I know what's the reason you couldn't take the pictures of planes at Colombo airport ?
                          We went directly in the bus. All other aircraft were blocked by ground equipment and I prefer pictures with not a lot ground equipment or light poles in front of it. I made an exception for the AN-8 because these are very rare birds.
                          Next serie of pictures will be the ones from the Aviation Museum. Coming 'soon'

Kind Regards
                          Yves

Comment

• BA Concorde G-BOAB in the hangar at London Heathrow Airport.

I took this picture today morning.

_DSC0041

_DSC0049

_DSC0036

Comment

BA Concorde G-BOAB in the hangar at London Heathrow Airport.

I took this picture today morning.
                              Is it going to fly again?
                              Haleef Ismail
                              www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                                Is it going to fly again?
                                They raised anough money to put it back in order and to fly it again. Hope to see this one back up in the air soon.

Kind Regards
                                Yves

Comment

Working...
                                X