Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS will be only winter service. they dont have enough much pax to cater all year through unless they will combine with Male.

Comment

• Guys as we know now in this winter season many foreign flights will come to Colombo. i would like to suggest to organize an aircraft spotting day or something like that to spot these beauties?

Comment

• Atr 72-600 @cmb

FlightRadar24 shows P2-ATR an ATR72-600 of Airlines PNG en route from MCT
        I presume this being a ferry flight and their first ATR-72 being delivered to Port Moresbey ....

-Aaqib Hussain
        (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
        www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
          FlightRadar24 shows P2-ATR an ATR72-600 of Airlines PNG en route from MCT
          I presume this being a ferry flight and their first ATR-72 being delivered to Port Moresbey ....
          Yes it's a ferry flight being delivered from TLS to Port Moresbey via CAI, MCT, CMB. If i'm not mistaken it will have stopover in two/three places between CMB and Port Moresbey. I am so glad when i see CMB is getting busy in aircraft movements (two flights are taking off and two flights are on the way for landing). What time you got this from FR24?

It's a beauty. Does anybody have picture of P2-ATR from CMB?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
            Guys as we know now in this winter season many foreign flights will come to Colombo. i would like to suggest to organize an aircraft spotting day or something like that to spot these beauties?
            LOT operating B787 to Colombo this month as below.

Flight Timings
            03 NOV CMB - STA - 05:05 - STD - 07:05 - LO6521/2
            17 NOV CMB - STA - 06:55 - STD - 08:55 - LO6521/2

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
              What time you got this from FR24?

It's a beauty. Does anybody have picture of P2-ATR from CMB?
              Got this at around 1505hrs (+5:30GMT)
              -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• SriLankan ‪A330‬-243 4R-ALC ‪‎UL230‬ from Kuwait City to Colombo diverted to Mattala ‪Rajapaksha International Airport‬ after a missed approach at Colombo.

METARS at the time
                Airport - Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport, Sri Lanka (VCBI)
                Report time - Issued on the 2nd of the month, at 00:10 UTC
                Winds - Wind from 80°(east) at 3 knots
                Visibility - Visibility is 6,000 m (19,700 feet)
                Clouds - Few clouds at 100 feet (0 meter)Few clouds at 1,200 feet (400 meter)
                Temperatures - Temperature 23°C (73°F), dew point 22°C (72°F)
                Pressure - QNH 1011 hPa (29.85 inHg)
                Expectations - No significant changes expected

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                  SriLankan ‪A330‬-243 4R-ALC ‪‎UL230‬ from Kuwait City to Colombo diverted to Mattala ‪Rajapaksha International Airport‬ after a missed approach at Colombo.

METARS at the time
                  Airport - Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport, Sri Lanka (VCBI)
                  Report time - Issued on the 2nd of the month, at 00:10 UTC
                  Winds - Wind from 80°(east) at 3 knots
                  Visibility - Visibility is 6,000 m (19,700 feet)
                  Clouds - Few clouds at 100 feet (0 meter)Few clouds at 1,200 feet (400 meter)
                  Temperatures - Temperature 23°C (73°F), dew point 22°C (72°F)
                  Pressure - QNH 1011 hPa (29.85 inHg)
                  Expectations - No significant changes expected

Pretty Confused as Aviation Voice says that it was diverted due to Heavy Mist at CMB
                  -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                    Pretty Confused as Aviation Voice says that it was diverted due to Heavy Mist at CMB
                    http://aviationvoice.lk/srilankan-fl...ed-to-mattala/
                    I am curious to know why only UL230 was diverted to HRI when other flights landed at CMB safely. I think last month UL504 diverted to HRI for some reason. it's kind of mystery that makes me think it's being done deliberately for publicity of HRI where Rotanajet is the only airline operate 3 weekly flights.

Comment

• LOT Polish Airlines flight LO6521 from Warsaw, Poland a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner registration no. SP-LRB aircraft landed at Colombo at local time 5.38AM
                      Last edited by Sandaru; 03-11-2015, 04:10 AM. Reason: Attaching Screenshot

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                        I am curious to know why only UL230 was diverted to HRI when other flights landed at CMB safely. I think last month UL504 diverted to HRI for some reason. it's kind of mystery that makes me think it's being done deliberately for publicity of HRI where Rotanajet is the only airline operate 3 weekly flights.
                        Yes banuthev as I felt I think there is something behind the scene thing going on.

The Air India A321 which arrived just after UL230, managed to land successfully. Why didn't UL230 tried for another approach instead of diverting to HRIA just after first attempt ?? Fuel problem ?? No it cant be the reason... Because the aircraft traveled much more time than a second approach.... And also after the missed approach the aircraft just turned left to intercept runway 22 ILS but again made a u turn diverting to Mattala.

Comment

• Yep I also noted the same thing.. this would have been some kind purposeful attempt..
                          Otherwise how can an indian plane land saftly while local flight going away..

Comment

• By the way.. it is pretty interesting to see CMB is getting busy..
                            almost all the time at least there is one flight in closet of CMB (in bound/outbound or at the air port..)

Comment

• Another look!
                              Green represents outbound-CMB/ Blue-Inbound CMB

Comment

• ACT Airlines. never heard ???

Comment

Working...
                                X