This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
    4R-ADE Took off from Colombo at 12:00PM (Local Time) Heading towards Male. I think this is the test flight
    Yes it's a test flight before 4R-ADE leaving CMB in few weeks time.

Hi Rahal,

It seems to be it was performing the test flight for over 3 hours. Is it nomal?

BMP FILE

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Yes it's a test flight before 4R-ADE leaving CMB in few weeks time.

Hi Rahal,

It seems to be it was performing the test flight for over 3 hours. Is it nomal?
      Hello

I'm not quite familiar with test flights however I've seen aircrafts going for test flights few times and this was the longest one by far... Usually i've seen they conclude the test within 2 hrs or less but yes this one was flying upto 3 hrs .... Probably the owner/leaser wanted to test the aircraft in severe conditions than previous owners ...

Comment

• Mega Maldives 757 at CMB

FlightRadar24 Currently shows a Mega Maldives 757-200 en-route to Male
        Is this operating as a charter flight?
        -Aaqib Hussain
        (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
        www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Icelandair FL404 from Denpasar a Boeing 757-27B Registration No. TF-FIW "Abercrombie & Kent" aircraft just landed at Colombo at local time 02.18PM

Comment

Icelandair FL404 from Denpasar a Boeing 757-27B Registration No. TF-FIW "Abercrombie & Kent" aircraft just landed at Colombo at local time 02.18PM
            Good to see another B757 in Colombo in the same month. It must be charter for the Winter season. I remember last year also Abercrombie & Kent operated B767 and B757 in one day.

Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
            FlightRadar24 Currently shows a Mega Maldives 757-200 en-route to Male
            Is this operating as a charter flight?
            Was this the one that operated from Shanghai to Male' via Colombo? 8Q-MEI.

Comment

Good to see another Icelandair B757s in Colombo in the same month. It must be charter for the Winter season. I remember last year Abercrombie & Kent operated B767 and B757 in one day. Is TF-FIW still in Icelandair livery?

Was this the one that operated from Shanghai to Male' via Colombo? 8Q-MEI.
              This was enroute from PVG to MLE, but was diverted to CMB

Comment

• Austrian Airlines OS47 from Vienna, Austria a Boeing 767-3Z9ER registration no. OE-LAX aircraft just landed at Colombo at Local Time 9.40AM (2 Hours and 15 Minutes late from Scheduled Time of Arrival)

This bird looks so nice. I really hope to see a picture of her at BIA.

Comment

• Here some shots taken at my home airport Ostend, Belgium. Taken on 04/06/2015, just a few days before my departure to Sri Lanka. The DC-8 left OST to the US to be delivered to another company. The last I heard was that it is almost ready to fly again!

Kind Regards
                  Yves

Comment

• Hi yengels, Nice to see your pictures from Ostend! How old is that DC8? It's still seems to be in good condition if I am not mistaken. Sri Lanka's Expoair used to operate one DC8.

Comment

Austrian Airlines OS47 from Vienna, Austria a Boeing 767-3Z9ER registration no. OE-LAX aircraft just landed at Colombo at Local Time 9.40AM (2 Hours and 15 Minutes late from Scheduled Time of Arrival)

This bird looks so nice. I really hope to see a picture of her at BIA.

OS operated on twise a weekly A332 to Colombo eight years back. Wasn't OS arrived late in Cmb today?

OS A332 in 2002 I think

Comment

Hi yengels, Nice to see your pictures from Ostend! How old is that DC8? It's still seems to be in good condition if I am not mistaken. Sri Lanka's Expoair used to operate one DC8.
                        Built in 1968. So a 47 years old bird. It flew for Astar Air Cargo (DHL) as N807DH. After that it went to Peruvian Airlines as OB-2059-P where it ended its career in OST due to a dispute between the airliner, the owner and the Peruvian authorities. It then went back to the owner as N807DH and departed on 05/06/2015. Below you can see some shots form its departure. No pictures in the air because I did not wanted to take the risk that the aircraft was too high to spot.
                        The aircraft was set in order by American engineers and was in perfect condition when it departed OST to the States.

On 06/06/2015 there we received a visit from a nice DC-3 built in 1942:

Kind Regards
                        Yves

Comment

OS operated on twise a weekly A332 to Colombo eight years back. Wasn't OS arrived late in Cmb today?
                          Oh i didn't knew that before..
                          yes, the flight arrived 2 hours and 15 minutes late.

Comment

Last edited by Serendib; 28-10-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Yes OS operated scheduled flights to Colombo but it discontinued twise due to terrorist attacks in CMB and for heavy losses. May be OS is now in the good shape after it's been bought by LH Group.

Hopefully OS will be stayingi in the CMB route for longer period. In the past Airlanka, Lauda Air also served this Vienna-colombo route so it's seems to Sri Lanka got some good demand for tourist arrivals from Austria if I'm not mistaken.

On the other hand, other european airlines are seems to be keen to fly Sri Lanka. You will see LOT Polish operating B787 charter effec Nov, Tui to begin Gatwick-Cmb flights in W16, Eurowings to begin Cologne-cmb flights in s16 but very sad Transaero can't operate CMB due to canx of Aoc cert.

Hi Asela, does Italy has plans to connect Milan with Colombo? I remember Air Europe, Meridana did this route long time back.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev
                                Yes OS operated scheduled flights to Colombo but it discontinued twise due to terrorist attacks in CMB and for heavy losses. May be OS is now in the good shape after it's been bought by LH Group.

Hopefully OS will be stayingi in the CMB route for longer period. In the past Airlanka, Lauda Air also served this Vienna-colombo route so it's seems to Sri Lanka got some good demand for tourist arrivals from Austria if I'm not mistaken.

On the other hand, other european airlines are seems to be keen to fly Sri Lanka. You will see LOT Polish operating B787 charter effec Nov, Tui to begin Gatwick-Cmb flights in W16, Eurowings to begin Cologne-cmb flights in s16 but very sad Transaero can't operate CMB due to canx of Aoc cert.

Hi Asela, does Italy has plans to connect Milan with Colombo? I remember Air Europe, Meridana did this route long time back.
                                Hi Banu.. Well Milan was operated in past by Air Europe/Volare Group which are not more available. Meridiana and Air Italy became one Group as Meridiana fly and they are not interested to CMB, even Neos is not interested. In past Blue Panorama operated to CMB in codesharing with UL, but Srilankans are not interested to fly with them due to on board service. I can remember one UL delayed flight from CMB and we asked BV to operate MXP-FCO-CMB, at the check-in counters all srilankan passengers refused to fly with BV metal, even with the delay they wanted to fly with UL metal.

UL had enough traffic both pax and cargo from MXP and they ruined it by them self.....

Comment

Working...
                                X