• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson Airways is operating from Colombo to Antannarivo

Thomson Airways BY980 B752 1320 Antananarivo ONLY ON 08 OCT

Check this out?

Comment

• SPOTTED!! Rotana Jet Aviation RG402 approaching HRI starting winter schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
        SPOTTED!! Rotana Jet Aviation RG402 approaching HRI starting winter schedule.
        Yes RotanaJet has resumed the AUH-CMB-HRI-CMB route onboard A319 which is operating every Wed, Fri and Sun. If I recall it correctly RotanaJet suspended Mattala flights until Mid 2015. Unfortunately Flydubai to end the Mattala flights for first time from 25-Oct-2015.

Do you know the rego of this Rotanajet A319? and do you know why Flydubai is cancelling Mattala service?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          Yes RotanaJet has resumed the AUH-CMB-HRI-CMB route onboard A319 which is operating every Wed, Fri and Sun. If I recall it correctly RotanaJet suspended Mattala flights until Mid 2015. Unfortunately Flydubai to end the Mattala flights for first time from 25-Oct-2015.

Do you know the rego of this Rotanajet A319? and do you know why Flydubai is cancelling Mattala service?
          The registration of the aircraft in the screenshot is A6-RRJ
          No i don't know the exact reason but i guess the airliner may have planned to use the aircraft to fly in more profitable routes in these busy days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
            Thompson Airways is operating from Colombo to Antannarivo

Thomson Airways BY980 B752 1320 Antananarivo ONLY ON 08 OCT

Check this out?
            Thanks for sharing !!

According to FR24, Thomson Airways actually flew from Adelaide to Jakarta to Colombo to Antananarivo, beginning of this month. Is it a charter? Nice to see direct flight operating to Sri Lanka from Australia. If I am not mistaken, it's a first ever flight that operated on Adelaide to Colombo and Colombo to Antanannarivo route.

Love to see the Thomson B787 in Colombo. Currently no airline operating between Gatwick and Colombo since BA cancelled the route earlier this year. Any possibilities Thomson Airways filling the gap. Also i think UL better operate seasonal flights to Australia as they does to China for every chinese new years. It's a better opportunity for UL to test the Australia market.

Comment

• Guys, Could anybody recognise the A340 parked in Colombo in the below link? I spotted this on a youtube vid posted by seneratne last week.

Comment

Guys, Could anybody recognise the A340 parked in Colombo in the below link? I spotted this on a youtube vid posted by seneratne last week.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_j...ew?usp=sharing
                No idea as Its not clear

Comment

Guys, Could anybody recognise the A340 parked in Colombo in the below link? I spotted this on a youtube vid posted by seneratne last week.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_j...ew?usp=sharing
                  I think German Air Force.
                  Haleef Ismail
                  www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                    I think German Air Force.
                    Wow !! How did you find that? I think you're correct. That A340 parked at CMB in the above link does look similar to German Air Force A340. CMB becomes spectacular airport to spot to all sort of airlines.

Comment

Wow !! How did you find that? I think you're correct. That A340 parked at CMB in the above link does look similar to German Air Force A340. CMB becomes spectacular airport to spot to all sort of airlines.

On this A340 there is no centre landing gear

Comment

This is A340-200
                        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• recently German foreign Minister Walter Steinmayer visited Srilanka. most probably that was the case.

BTW its written Federal republic of Germany and not anything about German air force.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirCeylon View Post
                            On this A340 there is no centre landing gear
                            Both A340s of German Air Force (Rego 16+1 & 16+2) have their centre gear but they don't use centre gear with weight restriction : https://www.planespotters.net/Aviati...hp?reg=16%2B02

Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                            This is A340-200
                            This is A340-313 (ex-LH)

Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
                            A340-300 can operate without the center Landing Gear, if I remember, with weight restrictions

For ferry flights, the center landing gear can be stowed.
                            Very true. please see the pictures which shows A340 when using/not using the centre gear.

This flight was actually a test fight for the Trent 900

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                              recently German foreign Minister Walter Steinmayer visited Srilanka. most probably that was the case.

BTW its written Federal republic of Germany and not anything about German air force.
                              Thanks bro. German Gov's A340s have their registrations as 16+01 & 16+02. Any idea what does this 16 means in their German Aircraft registration?

Comment

I just remembered the livery after playing FSX
                                Haleef Ismail
                                www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Working...
                                X