Hi SLD,

Welcome to our Forum.

I can't see your pictures.

Here are the steps to attach images on our forum post :
    Thanks. I tried, but upload failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLD View Post
      Thanks. I tried, but upload failed.
      Please try these steps. It should be working.

1 - Click on Reply to thread
      2 - Click on Go advanced
      3 - Click on Manage attachments
      4 - Click on Add Files
      5 - Click on Basic Uploader
      6 - Upload the files from your computer

Comment

• The China National Machinery Import and Export Corporation, better known as CMC is a Chinese government entity and will not compromise on quality, safety or stake its reputation for any reason, said CMC’s Project General Manager for the Matara – Kataragama Railway Extension Project (Phase I) Tang Ming. He was responding to allegations made by former team leader appointed by the project consultants Central Engineering Consultancy Bureau (CECB) at a press conference which was aired over electronic media a few days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          I agree with you.

Any update on Fort-Colombo Airport express service as mentioned in this url? http://archives.dailynews.lk/2012/06/08/bus01.asp

No Banuthev, That plan was from previous government and even though that was a good proposal, they didn't materialised it. I don't know what went behind it. I don't see any developments with this gov regarding this.

Comment

I think Udarata Menike, Podi Menike, Tikiri Menike and Senkadagala Menike are currently hauled by Class W1, W3, S12 and M5. S12 is also being used upto Matale and Badulla once daily service.

There are concrete ballasted rail tracks near Kadugannawa Train Station (see below picture) but most of the other rail tracks at the upcountry are with old style wooden sleepers.

Please correct me if i am wrong

Where SLR does use the M9 then ?
            - UM, PM, Matale express (up to Kandy. Kandy - Matale section is the weakest line among SLR lines anything beyond W3, M5 and M7 are not allowed) and weekend Kandy ICE (Full AC, others have only one AC coach) are S12
            - Tikiri Menike is W3 mostly and sometimes W2A
            - Senkadagala Menike is M9
            - Kandy - Matara is also hauled by an M9

SLR started replacing wooden sleepers with concretes on upcountry line since years now. But still more than 50% of the track is on wooden sleepers.

Few years back M9 has sent up to Navalapitya. I hope they'll start it again after recent renovations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
              Rolling stock equipped with air brakes are not suitable for operations in hill terrain due to some short comings, they cannot remain stationary on inclined surfaces. So the Romanian Astra compartments with vacuum brakes are used in this line. Although there is one exception in the case of class S12 which also uses air brakes, although this type uses a brake designed and built by a German company known as Knorr&bremse.
              Well firstly I don't think these Chinese carriages were not imported for the upcountry in the first place. Because they are lengthy (65 ft as I remember). We have real tight curves in upcountry line (less than 100 m curve radius). 55 ft Romanian carriages are also barely taking those curves. Ideal length is around 50 ft I think (as in S12).

Then this air brakes case; I don't really think "Air Brakes" are the one to blame. Best example is as Mach3 forwarded S12 is performing nicely on upcountry with "Air Brakes". So, in my opinion those Chinese carriages has weak braking system which can not hold it on the incline. (Don't forget, we have the highest incline (1:44) anywhere in the world on broad gauge. (5' 6"). So it had to be real tight brakes). S12 nailed it because their brakes are tight enough to hold the train. There could be other properties as well. But it's not a problem with Air Brakes.

Comment

• Please post the discussion relates to Sri Lanka Cricket on this thread.

Comment

• ODI 1 of 5

Fri 30 Jun, 05:30

Galle International Stadium, Galle

Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe

Does any know the Sri Lanka Squad for One day series against Zimbabwe?

Comment

ODI 1 of 5

Fri 30 Jun, 05:30

Galle International Stadium, Galle

Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe

Does any know the Sri Lanka Squad for One day series against Zimbabwe?
                    First 2 ODIs
                    Angelo Mathews, Danushka Gunathilake, Upul Tharanga, Niroshan Dickwella, Kusal Mendis, Lasith Malinga, Akila Dhananjaya, Nuwan Pradeep, Asela Guneratne, Amila Aponso, Lahiru Madushanka, Dushmantha Chameera, Wanidu Hasaranga, Lakshan Sandakan

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                      First 2 ODIs
                      Angelo Mathews, Danushka Gunathilake, Upul Tharanga, Niroshan Dickwella, Kusal Mendis, Lasith Malinga, Akila Dhananjaya, Nuwan Pradeep, Asela Guneratne, Amila Aponso, Lahiru Madushanka, Dushmantha Chameera, Wanidu Hasaranga, Lakshan Sandakan
                      Thanks Dilusha

Guys,

Has anyone watched the SL vs ZIM ODI match yesterday ? shame we couldn't win the first ODI. any idea Why SL couldn't win the match?

Comment

• FreightLiners

I took these pictures near Atherstone, England. Hope you like them.

Loco in the 1st pic is Class 66 and the locos in the 2nd & 3rd pictures are Class 90
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dilusha

Guys,

Has anyone watched the SL vs ZIM ODI match yesterday ? shame we couldn't win the first ODI. any idea Why SL couldn't win the match?
                          Lack of team spirit!
                          Poor motivation
                          Poor Fitness
                          Problems of Cricket board .

But talking about the Zimbabwe match. That could be the return for the minister by the team.

Comment

• Debutant Wanidu Hasaranga picks up a hat-trick
                            A new-look Sri Lanka spin attack hit the ground running to dismiss Zimbabwe for 155 and set up a seven-wicket win in the second ODI in Galle

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                              Debutant Wanidu Hasaranga picks up a hat-trick
                              http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...y/1107877.html
                              All the best to him! Wanindu is a 19 years old leg spinner. Is he all rounder or tail ender?

Great! SL won by 7 wickets. ODI series is now on 1:1. What is the reason the team who bat at first is loosing the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by nipuna787 View Post
                                As far as I know Indian credit line is only for early mentioned rolling stock purchases and MHO to ANP track re-layering
                                Does New Railway tracks with ballasted concrete available beyond Anuradhapura to Kankesanturai and Colombo to Maho line?

When is SL gov going to start the renovation for Maho to Anuradhapura line?

Comment

Working...
                                X