Aviation Hobby + Flight Stimulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
    Oneworld alliance members currently operating to Colombo are Royal Jordanian, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines and Finnair (seasonal basis). British Airways will commence Colombo operation on 14-Apr-2013. SriLankan Airlines and Qatar Airways are the present airline-operators out of Colombo may join the Oneworld by the end of 2013.

Air Berlin, American Airlines, and JAL Japan Airlines have codeshare operations out of Colombo. but Qantas??

S7 Airlines never operated a revenue passenger operation to Colombo however they send aircraft to Colombo to do a maintanance.

Hey Guys, Would you think SriLankan Airlines is important candidate for Oneworld Alliance ? Share your views ?
    ‘Excellent progress in preparations to board oneworld ’

M F Jabir in Kuala Lumpur

SriLankan Chairman Nishantha Wickemasinghe

The progress so far made in joining oneworld alliance have been excellent, SriLankan Chairman Nishantha Wickemasinghe told Dailynews Business.Wickemasinghe expressed these sentiments participating as a special invitee in the ceremony held by Malaysia Airlines (MAS) to unveil its first aircraft decorated in the livery of the oneworld alliance in a ceremony held in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia last Thursday.

Wickemasinghe said that our systems have to be compatible with the systems of other members of the oneworld alliace and many new systems needed to be put in place.

He said a very good team headed by Manik Gunasekera has been working round the clock for this purpose.

“ I have been following up with the oneworld management company and thay said our progress has been excellent,” Wickremasinghe said. He said there were many benefits in the offine for SriLankan by joining the oneworld alliance.

He said a single airline with limited aircraft, could not conquer the world itself.

The alliance with oneworld would provide SriLankan travellers the opportunity to fly to any part of the world with a SriLankan ticket.

He said to enter the alliance, the vote of members were required.

“Although there were many airlines, oneworld has decided to invite SriLankan because of the strategic importance of our National Carrier. The invitation to SriLankan Airlines (UL) by oneworld alliance to join them is ample evidence of UL's strength and acceptance,” he said.

Wickremasinghe added that SriLankan had made a thorough evaluation of the situation, as there were many alliances.

However by joining oneworld, SriLankan could derive maximum advantage in the aviation world and last year's invitation to come on board with oneworld, was encouraging and due recognition to the progress SriLankan had achieved in the past few years.

Comment

• Read this:

Stricter punishments for passengers behaving badly

On a recent Southwest Airlines flight, a man dropped his pants and exposed himself to the female passenger sitting next to him, then punched her, according to an FBI affidavit. The plane was in midair, and the naked man reportedly grew angrier, screaming uncontrollably and shaking his fist in the air.

Are airlines responsible for bad passengers?

Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
      Yes, crew should be treating all pax as the same. But I think Middle east sector is a difficult one for crew members to serve. You would have seen this sector transporting passengers who from all sort of back grounds. Majority of the travellers are labour market, some VFR, some Passngers who travel on onward connections and a few Business traffic.

When I fly on UL227 few years ago on the CMB-KWI via DXB, me and dad were sitting on economy class and my flight fully loaded with labourers (Srilankans and South Indians). In the start Cabin crew was very kind to all passengers. Few hours after these labour passengers have started behaving clumsy in the sense : dropping drinks on the floor, talking loud, demanding for food to the crew member even after they served.. In the middle of the flight it was like a road-bus. I understood from cabin crew's face they already tired of serving these people. Our flight touched down in DXB and it was off-loading DXB passengers and loading passengers from DXB before head to KWI. There were two racist arab men came on board at DXB. Those men were making fun out of our UL cabin crew and on the co-passengers. But the cabin crew remained calm and they kindly served the passengers.

Since then, when I fly on UL/KU to KWI , I always book on Business class.

From what i have seen, serving the passengers in the Middle east sector is so difficult for crew members it's not like Europe sector and Pakistan sector. I have seen Europe and Pakistan passengers are bit descent.

Comment

• haha.. My worst flight experience was on BA36 which operated on SIN-MAA-LHR in 90s. There was a filippino woman with baby was front of my seat.. She was adjusting her seat through out the flight that annoyed me.. lol.

Hey Guys, Share your worst flight experience ?

Originally posted by Highflyer View Post
        Read this:

Stricter punishments for passengers behaving badly

On a recent Southwest Airlines flight, a man dropped his pants and exposed himself to the female passenger sitting next to him, then punched her, according to an FBI affidavit. The plane was in midair, and the naked man reportedly grew angrier, screaming uncontrollably and shaking his fist in the air.

Are airlines responsible for bad passengers?

http://www.consumertraveler.com/toda...esponsibility/

Comment

haha.. My worst flight experience was on BA36 which operated on SIN-MAA-LHR in 90s. There was a filippino woman with baby was on the seat just front of my seat.. She was adjusting her seat thought out the flight that annoyed me.. lol.

Hey Guys, Share your worst flight experience ?
          sry to say its with srilankan airlines flight A340 (i cnt remember the reg) i thot my ears were blown off. i think its due to low cabin pressure

Comment

• mine was at JFK! EK 201 arrived at 1415 at terminal 4 and my connection flight AA 855 to DFW was scheduled to leave at 1620 from terminal 8 since it was the first entry point to the USA, clearing customs and checking in again from JFK I managed to board just 5 mins before push back, plus they lost my baggage!

Comment

• So far mine was with tiger.. same as Dexter Malinga damn outflow valve screw my ears on my last visit to Sl.

Comment

• up to now I have been with UL, IC, SQ ,CX, EK, F5, S2, 9W, AI, IX, IT,SG. The most worse things happened with IC , AI n IT up to now n they are all regrading ticketing issues , flight cancellation n non refunding

Comment

• What are your all time favourite airline liveries? (past or present) Post a Picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moderator View Post
                    What are your all time favourite airline liveries? (past or present) Post a Picture.
                    My list

Comment

• My choices

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
                        My choices
                        It's one of my favourite airline livery. In fact I like more than "hobbit" which is now painted on NZ B777s. . @umedhah - Does NZ still have planes wearing this black livery ?

Comment

It's one of my favourite airline livery. In fact I like more than "hobbit" which is now painted on NZ B777s. . @umedhah - Does NZ still have planes wearing this black livery ?
                          Hi Banu... yeah they have A320, B777, and some of the beachcraft used in Domestic routes.
                          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                            Hi Banu... yeah they have A320, B777, and some of the beachcraft used in Domestic routes.
                            ZK-OAB Air New Zealand Airbus A320-232 - cn 4553, & ZK-OJR Air New Zealand Airbus A320-232, in AB c/s
                            ZK-OKP Air New Zealand Boeing 777-319(ER) with Hobbit c/s, ZK-OKQ Air New Zealand Boeing 777-319(ER) in AB c/s
                            ZK-MVA Air New Zealand Link (Mount Cook Airlines) ATR 72-600 in AB c/s ( did u know that it was ferried TLS-LXR-MCT-CMB-XSP-DRW-BNE-CHC 31-10 - 06-11-2012 on delivery)
                            ZK-EAG Air New Zealand Link (Eagle Airways) Beech 1900D in AB c/s
                            ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

• Where would like to fly from/to Mattala Airport ?

Where would like to fly from/to Mattala Airport ?

Please vote.

Comment

• As we dont have any consolatory connections with NZ, any AUS destination would do :P
                                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

Working...
                                X