This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by indika7777 View Post
    ... If you look at financials of MJ and UL you will realize. Please note flydubai to make its first profit it took nearly 5 yrs. So its not a miracle soon you restructure your business you will get the benefits right away. You will see this benefits with MJ in another couple of years.
    Yes I had a look at the financial of MJ and UL...but they were all in RED...So "soon you restructure your business you will get the benefits right away. You will see this benefits with MJ in another couple of years"; which one is it?

So if your theory is correct I should be able to book EK code share flights in flydubai web site and SQ code share flights scoot web site correct?

I wonder what was EK, SQ and QF plans for competing against Air Arabia, Air Asia X and Virgin Australia.
    Last edited by Speedbird; 24-11-2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by indika7777 View Post
      I totally agree with Kflyer and Slaviator. There is a bigger aim behind of this coporatoion with UL and MJ. If you look at there are lot of full service carriers are suffering and thus they use this technique of having a subsidery LCC. Lot of examples to get off EK started flydubai and feeding in and out, SQ started Scoot and feeding in and out, QF started Jetstar and feeding in and out, Qatar is planing their own LCC.... these big players are making these move to catch up some part of their low end budget passenger business. So it is same that UL doing with Mihin. If you look at financials of MJ and UL you will realize. Please note flydubai to make its first profit it took nearly 5 yrs. So its not a miracle soon you restructure your business you will get the benefits right away. You will see this benefits with MJ in another couple of years.
      These other airlines may have LCCs but their LCCs have critical mass. Whereas Mihin only operates 3 aircraft to a very limited number of destinations. So there isnt much of a feeder network for UL. And with the exception of QF/JQ none of the other companies codeshare with their LCC subsidiaries. In fact EK and FlyDubai are totally separate companies.

Comment

• according to planespotters.net MJ has now 4 Aircrafts. 2 320 s & 2 321 s.

is that correct??

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
          according to planespotters.net MJ has now 4 Aircrafts. 2 320 s & 2 321 s.

is that correct??
          Yep, you are correct, but actually MRB is no more flying mihin's flights, so they have only 3 live birds (one A320-200 and two A321-200s). these days MRB's paint work is carrying out, one engine has to be installed, after that it'll leave!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shashanka View Post
            Yep, you are correct, but actually MRB is no more flying mihin's flights, so they have only 3 live birds (one A320-200 and two A321-200s). these days MRB's paint work is carrying out, one engine has to be installed, after that it'll leave!!

Thanks for the clarification Shashanka.

Comment

• Turkish Airlines list CMB as planned new destination amongst others http://www.turkishairlines.com/tr-tr...cial/2012.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by newsflasher View Post
                Turkish Airlines list CMB as planned new destination amongst others http://www.turkishairlines.com/tr-tr...cial/2012.aspx
                The English version; http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr...cial/2012.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by uthum View Post
                  This is an excellent news; I would say better than KE; recently THY has been expanding rapidly...Good North American, North African, European and CIS connection to Sri Lanka
                  Last edited by Speedbird; 26-11-2012, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Dailymirror.lk– Sri Lanka 24 Hours Online Breaking News : News, Politics, Video, Finance, Business, Sports, Entertainment, Travel,breaking news, political news

Another definition for double dipping...? CEO for two companies does this mean conflict of interest or as the spin doctors will say bringing "synergy" of the both companies together...

Comment

• Speedbird, had UL and MJ still been competing, the situation would be much worse I'd say. It is easier to criticize when you look at it from outside, but there is a reason why SAS is laying off 800 and selling Wideroe + GH, Iberia laying off 4,500 and CX has just announced new cost cutting measures. By this I do not mean to say everything is right - but the overall industry situation is not at all positive right now. As far as I know, neither company pays its directors who are appointed by the GoSL - hence something seems to have been lost in translation. I could be wrong though.
                      The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                        Speedbird, had UL and MJ still been competing, the situation would be much worse I'd say. It is easier to criticize when you look at it from outside, but there is a reason why SAS is laying off 800 and selling Wideroe + GH, Iberia laying off 4,500 and CX has just announced new cost cutting measures. By this I do not mean to say everything is right - but the overall industry situation is not at all positive right now. As far as I know, neither company pays its directors who are appointed by the GoSL - hence something seems to have been lost in translation. I could be wrong though.
                        Gee, that did not take long...without nitpicking loss making airlines around in the world; lets say in Sri Lanka there are no place for TWO airlines to operate under government management.

now lets look at the payment for the board of directors; you say they are not paid any if thats true then Auditor General has committed perjury by submitting a erroneous report to parliamentary COPE; which is a serious offence as per parliamentary standing orders. if that's so why doesn't UL or MJ management take the Auditor General to courts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                          Gee, that did not take long...without nitpicking loss making airlines around in the world; lets say in Sri Lanka there are no place for TWO airlines to operate under government management.

now lets look at the payment for the board of directors; you say they are not paid any if thats true then Auditor General has committed perjury by submitting a erroneous report to parliamentary COPE; which is a serious offence as per parliamentary standing orders. if that's so why doesn't UL or MJ management take the Auditor General to courts.
                          Nope, I'm going by what's on UL's publicly available Annual Report which says that the directors did not receive any rumenaration. It could be different for MJ though.
                          The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post

@Speedbird,

Don't waste your time arguing with ####. Unlike you and I, he is paid by UL to do what he is doing. I remember, sometime back he mentioned that he has been offered 'a very important' job as a social media junkie or something at UL.

This forum has become a place where nobody can utter a single negative word about UL or its cronies (no matter how constructive the criticism is), because of the 'hired muscle' that will vehemently deny it and pounce on you.

Respecting someone’s right to his opinion is one thing, but when servants of the cronies come here to defend their masters as part of a paid service, it gets unpleasant.

This really has become silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                              Sorry, but this information is not correct.
                              Thanks for pointing out my error. There was an issue when we track this delivery flight. Anyway, 4R-MRE is MSN2731 the 180 Seater A320-232. I will makesure this error not happening again. I do apologies to all our forum-readers.

It's a great news !! @ Kflyer - Do you know when TK will be starting the schedule flights to CMB ? I think there are possibilities this new TK's CMB flight includes a stopover in MLE. Please confirm ? Like to see more international airlines in CMB !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                                @Speedbird,

Don't waste your time arguing with ####. Unlike you and I, he is paid by UL to do what he is doing. I remember, sometime back he mentioned that he has been offered 'a very important' job as a social media junkie or something at UL.

This forum has become a place where nobody can utter a single negative word about UL or its cronies (no matter how constructive the criticism is), because of the 'hired muscle' that will vehemently deny it and pounce on you.

Respecting someone’s right to his opinion is one thing, but when servants of the cronies come here to defend their masters as part of a paid service, it gets unpleasant.

This really has become silly.
                                Big LOL at Bold part bro.

IMO the whole Mihin Concept is pure rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                X