This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
    As per expansion plans, UL is now going to provide a nonstop flights to all their destinations in China while Chengdu will be launched just before Winter 2013.
    Nowadays Sri Lanka is like a part of China lol

Comment

• Do Srilankan Airlines changing aircraft to HKG as I informed they are going to use A320 from 24-Nov. Please confirm....Is it a permanent move?

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
        Do Srilankan Airlines changing aircraft to HKG as I informed they are going to use A320 from 24-Nov. Please confirm....Is it a permanent move?
        It's not showing in the Airline Inventory System yet. But only I can think of that UL want to continue utilise the local rights from Bangkok after they start flying nonstop flights from Colombo to Beijing and Shanghai. Proposed Bangkok frequency could be like below.

CMB-BKK-HKG - Daily A320, CMB-BKK-CAN - Daily A320, CMB-BKK-CTU - Three weekly A320

Comment

• This is what i found when i dig a bit more towards UL423 CMB-BKK-HKG

Most likely Mondays flight UL maybe using A320s..any updates??
          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Mihin Lanka takes delivery of third A321

Sri Lanka's Budget Airline, Mihin Lanka has taken delivery of it's third A321 at it's Hub in Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport on the 20th November 2012. New aircraft, 4R-MRE touched down in it's new home as a delivery flight MJ322 from SZB to CMB. 4R-MRE is a six years old Airbus A321-232 (MSN2933) powered by 2 x IAE V2530-A5 Engines, formerly with Kingfisher Airlines as VT-KFR before this aircraft stored in the Philippines. According to the aircraft record, MSN2933 had the seat configuration of 32 Business Class seats with 48" seat pitch and PTV based AVOD inflight entertaintment systems and it also had 119 Seats in Economy Class cabin. It's not clear whether this aircraft will be re-configured as full economy class as per Mihin Lanka's standard. 4R-MRE to replace 4R-MRB which is currently undergoing Lease return C-Check at the Hanger in Colombo Airport. With an addition of this third A321, Mihin Lanka will bring Madurai and Delhi under it's Route Network.

Above Information to be confirmed.

Comment

• Thanks for the wonderful update Banu. Do we know where MRB is heading to??
              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Mihin Lanka takes delivery of third A321

Mihin Lanka has taken delivery of it's third A321 at it's Hub in Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport on the 20th November 2012. New aircraft, 4R-MRE touched down in it's new home as a delivery flight MJ322 from SZB to CMB. 4R-MRE is a six years old Airbus A321-232 (MSN2933) powered by 2 x IAE V2530-A5 Engines, formerly with Kingfisher Airlines as VT-KFR before this aircraft stored in the Philippines.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines introduces double daily flights to Trivandrum

SriLankan Airlines will operate double-daily (14 weekly) flights to Trivandrum via Colombo, with effect from November 22 2012. This marks the second increase in frequency to the capital city of Kerala in India.

Head of Worldwide Sales at SriLankan, Lal Perera, said, "Our aim is to offer better travel options to our valued passengers. In support of this goal and the growing traffic to India from Sri Lanka and the rest of the world, we will continue to strengthen our services to those travelling along this route."

Comment

Mihin Lanka takes delivery of third A321

Sri Lanka's Budget Airline, Mihin Lanka has taken delivery of it's third A321 at it's Hub in Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport on the 20th November 2012. New aircraft, 4R-MRE touched down in it's new home as a delivery flight MJ322 from SZB to CMB. 4R-MRE is a six years old Airbus A321-232 (MSN2933) powered by 2 x IAE V2530-A5 Engines, formerly with Kingfisher Airlines as VT-KFR before this aircraft stored in the Philippines. According to the aircraft record, MSN2933 had the seat configuration of 32 Business Class seats with 48" seat pitch and PTV based AVOD inflight entertaintment systems and it also had 119 Seats in Economy Class cabin. It's not clear whether this aircraft will be re-configured as full economy class as per Mihin Lanka's standard. 4R-MRE to replace 4R-MRB which is currently undergoing Lease return C-Check at the Hanger in Colombo Airport. With an addition of this third A321, Mihin Lanka will bring Madurai and Delhi under it's Route Network.
                    Sorry, but this information is not correct.
                    The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Hello all, does anyone please know the former registration of the HS.748 at the beach near Kalutara AFB in the South at the beach housing the Catalina Bar.
                      Many thanks in advance

Chris
                      Skyliner - aviation news & more

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                        Sorry, but this information is not correct.
                        Which part of the information is incorrect?

Comment

• Flight Tracker (en route flights, arrivals, departures, history) with live maps and aircraft photos

Just noticed this XCH - CMB - XCH (Christmas Island) A319 flight by "Aussie" on Flightaware.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
                            Which part of the information is incorrect?

Looks like Mihin got an A320 according to Planespotters? Is that the right info Kflyer?

Wish Mihin got the A321 that Banu was talking about instead of MSN1946 which is almost 10 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
                              Of course, I am in no position to answer that last question as that is not a decision you or I can make. But if possible, I would like you to analyze the most recent financial reports of both airlines. You may then realise that on an operational level MJ is now making a better return than UL. If used in the right way, MJ's business model is the perfect one that fits SL as the majority in SL cannot afford a full service air ticket. And the advantage of having a common management is that you can then use MJ as a tool for UL to fight the LCCs expanding rapidly into CMB. Again this all depends on the execution, but it is a sound model in theory.
                              I totally agree with Kflyer and Slaviator. There is a bigger aim behind of this coporatoion with UL and MJ. If you look at there are lot of full service carriers are suffering and thus they use this technique of having a subsidery LCC. Lot of examples to get off EK started flydubai and feeding in and out, SQ started Scoot and feeding in and out, QF started Jetstar and feeding in and out, Qatar is planing their own LCC.... these big players are making these move to catch up some part of their low end budget passenger business. So it is same that UL doing with Mihin. If you look at financials of MJ and UL you will realize. Please note flydubai to make its first profit it took nearly 5 yrs. So its not a miracle soon you restructure your business you will get the benefits right away. You will see this benefits with MJ in another couple of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
                                http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASY956

Just noticed this XCH - CMB - XCH (Christmas Island) A319 flight by "Aussie" on Flightaware.
                                Expelled boat people.

Should have been put on a boat instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X