Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin Crew Discussion

Cabin Crew Discussion

EasyJet flight forced to make emergency landing in Rome after passenger punches stewardess because he was 'waiting too long for sandwich'

An easyJet flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Rome after an infuriated passenger allegedly assaulted a flight stewardess ‘because he was waiting too long for a sandwich’.

A male passenger on a flight travelling from Geneva to Pristina in Kosovo on Tuesday morning allegedly punched the female flight attendant and knocked her to the floor.

A witness told the Mail Online he had shouted: “I’ve been waiting for hours, I’m hungry,” and claimed that he carried on hitting her while she was on the floor. The witness said fellow passengers quickly stepped in and restrained him.

The stewardess told the Swiss news website 20 Minutes: “I was totally shocked. I can’t understand how anyone could react so violently over a sandwich.”

She reportedly received medical attention at the scene and broke her glasses during the incident.

A spokesperson for easyJet said there were 177 passengers and 6 members of crew on the flight. They gave the following statement to The Independent: “easyJet can confirm that flight EZS1483 from Geneva to Pristina on 31 March diverted to Rome as a result of a passenger onboard behaving in a disruptive manner.

“The aircraft was met by the police on arrival in Rome and the passenger was arrested.

“The safety and wellbeing of passengers and crew is always easyJet's priority.

“Whilst such incidents are rare we take them very seriously, do not tolerate abusive or threatening behaviour on board and always push for prosecution.”

Comment

Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      EasyJet flight forced to make emergency landing in Rome after passenger punches stewardess because he was 'waiting too long for sandwich'

An easyJet flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Rome after an infuriated passenger allegedly assaulted a flight stewardess ‘because he was waiting too long for a sandwich’.

A male passenger on a flight travelling from Geneva to Pristina in Kosovo on Tuesday morning allegedly punched the female flight attendant and knocked her to the floor.

A witness told the Mail Online he had shouted: “I’ve been waiting for hours, I’m hungry,” and claimed that he carried on hitting her while she was on the floor. The witness said fellow passengers quickly stepped in and restrained him.

The stewardess told the Swiss news website 20 Minutes: “I was totally shocked. I can’t understand how anyone could react so violently over a sandwich.”

She reportedly received medical attention at the scene and broke her glasses during the incident.

A spokesperson for easyJet said there were 177 passengers and 6 members of crew on the flight. They gave the following statement to The Independent: “easyJet can confirm that flight EZS1483 from Geneva to Pristina on 31 March diverted to Rome as a result of a passenger onboard behaving in a disruptive manner.

“The aircraft was met by the police on arrival in Rome and the passenger was arrested.

“The safety and wellbeing of passengers and crew is always easyJet's priority.

“Whilst such incidents are rare we take them very seriously, do not tolerate abusive or threatening behaviour on board and always push for prosecution.”

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...=mailsignoutmd
      This is sooo out of hand.. These thugs have to given a tough sentence and banned from flying.

Comment

Anybody knows there will be any cabin crew interviews take place for Srilankan in coming Months?

Comment

Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
          Anybody knows there will be any cabin crew interviews take place for Srilankan in coming Months?
          They all ready to take new batch

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X