No announcement yet.

Aircraft Maintenance Engineering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I am currently reading a HND in mechanical engineering. Once I complete this, Is there a way for me to get into aeronautical engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
      Hi everyone, I am currently reading a HND in mechanical engineering. Once I complete this, Is there a way for me to get into aeronautical engineering.
      It's hard to find a good university to accept you with a HND to do your higher studies in Aeronautical Engineering. Therefore first get the bachelors degree of mechanical engineering after completing your HND then do your post graduate studies in a well recognized university.

Anyway it depends on your goal. It's hard to find a job for aeronautical engineers since your area of study is not specified. If your goal is to go for aircraft manufacturing & designing it's different approach. If your goal is to be a maintenance engineer (in airlines) it's another approach. Since you already have a mechanical engineering knowledge you have to do your higher studies (masters) which is specified to do a particular job.

Plus the industry doesn't need aeronautical engineers they need electronics engineers to do electronics work (avionics), structural engineers to do structural work like wise. So basically bachelors in aeronautical engineering is just like a license to do a masters in a specified subject. If you're really really lucky you can find a job with bachelors otherwise doing masters is the way to go.

I hope this will help. Think twice and do some research before you start your academic things. The world is changing. Good luck!

Comment

hi everyone!!!!!!!!!! first time posting here. right now im doing my cambridge ALs and next year im sitting for my final exam. I want to become an AME .whats the best school to go for training in Srilanka? looking forward a reply from u, my aviation brothers and sisters.thank you

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKWAVE View Post
          hi everyone!!!!!!!!!! first time posting here. right now im doing my cambridge ALs and next year im sitting for my final exam. I want to become an AME .whats the best school to go for training in Srilanka? looking forward a reply from u, my aviation brothers and sisters.thank you
          Hi,
          As far as doing AME in Sri Lanka I would recommend you the Srilankan Aviaiton College. But just a heads up they don't guarantee placement in Srilankan airlines after you've completed the basic course which costs about 2million.

Comment

How to Become an Aircraft Engineer | AIRCRAFT ENGINEER කෙනෙක් වෙන්නේ කොහොමද ?

A full video on how to become an Aircraft Engineer. Topics Discussed :
            - Aircraft Engineering Schools.
            - Part 66 License -MRO (Part 145) Base Maintenance Vs Line Maintenance.
            -How to get your license.
            -Aircraft Engineering vs Aeronautical Engineering.
            If you found this video helpful, share, comment and like the video and if you need to discuss any specific topics, engineering please do drop it in the comment section.

Part- 66 Modules B1.1/ B2 Common Modules
            Mod 1 - Mathematics
            Mod 2- Physics
            Mod 3- Electrical Fundamentals
            Mod 4- Electronic Fundamentals.
            Mod 5 - Digital and Avionics
            Mod 6- Materials and Hardware
            Mod 7-Maintenance Practices.
            Mod 8-Basic Aerodynamics
            Mod 9- Human Factors
            Mod 10- Aviation legislation.

B1.1 - Mechanical
            Mod 11A- Turbine Aeroplane.
            Mod 15 - Basic Gas Turbine Engine.
            Mod 17A - Propeller

B2 - Avionics
            Mod 13 - Aircraft Structures and systems
            Mod 14- Propulsion,

Last edited by AeroTechnician; 11-02-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

DIFFERENT TYPE OF JOBS IN AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING- Aircraft Engineering වල වෙනත් රැකියා වර්ග!

Different Type of JOBS in Aircraft Engineering. - Aircraft Mechanic/Engineer -Avionics Mechanic/ Engineer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVOyO...​ - Sheet Metal Technician https://careerplanet.co.za/careers-li...​ -NDT Inspector (Non- destructive Testing) https://nationalcareers.service.gov.u...
              SHOW LESS

Comment

EASA AML B 1.1 MODULES- මොනවද මේ EASA B 1.1 මොඩියුල්ස්?

A FULL descriptive video on all the 13 EASA B1.1 MODULES:

MODULE 1- MATHEMATICS
                MODULE 2- PHYSICS
                MODULE 3 - ELECTRICAL FUNDAMENTALS
                MODULE 4- ELECTRONIC FUNDAMENTALS
                MODULE 5 - DIGITAL TECHNIQUES
                MODULE 6 - MATERIALS AND HARDWARE
                MODULE 7- MAINTENANCE PRACTICES
                MODULE 8- BASIC AERODYNAMICS
                MODULE 9- HUMAN FACTORS
                MODULE 10- AVIATION LEGISLATION.
                MODULE 11- TURBINE AEROPLANE AERODYNAMICS, STRUCTURES AND SYSTEMS.
                MODULE 15- GAS TURBINE ENGINE MODULE
                17A- PROPELLER

PART 66 DOCUMENT- https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/defa...​ ATA CHAPTERS: https://havrel.honeywell.com/docs/inf...

Comment

HOW TO MAKE AN ENTRY IN CAP 741- LOGBOOK එක පුරවන්නේ කෝහොමද?

This video gives a full demonstration on how to make an entry in the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Logbook.

Templates for an Intern/mechanic who does not have a stamp.
                  "Assisted "
                  "Participated"
                  "Observed"

Template for a Mechanic with a Stamp.
                  "Carried out"
                  "Performed"

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKWAVE View Post
                    In Sri Lanka the only approved 147 school is Sri Lankan Aviation College.

Comment

This video explain how the aircraft wing produce lift? content covered: 1. Forces of flight. 2. Bernoulli's theorem 3. Coanda Effect 4. Lift misconceptions If you enjoy the video please do subscribe and share the video.

Comment

Working...
                      X