Sri Lanka Airports
Mobile View

 

 

News Headlines..
   



 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1040
  1. #1021
    Thanks for the pics and Happy New Year to everyone!

    Shame they didn't design that area better though, it looks like a marketplace. They should have had a more open area with more light and a better designed ceiling.

  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
    Thanks for the pics and Happy New Year to everyone!

    Shame they didn't design that area better though, it looks like a marketplace. They should have had a more open area with more light and a better designed ceiling.
    Happy New Year !

    I think the flooring of the pathway also have to be changed. It looks the work hasn't been completed yet. Am I correct?

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Happy New Year !

    I think the flooring of the pathway also have to be changed. It looks the work hasn't been completed yet. Am I correct?
    I think it should be done. The main thing they should concern is the entrance to the inside of the airport. It's so crowded and also does not give the feel of entering the airport with just plain walls and so much of security. Like other airports, there shouldn't be too much security check at the entrance of entering the airport premises. Just go straight into Check-In and then do the serious necessary checks that should be done. I don't know if the checks are enough or not, but suggesting that way would give a less time to enter the airport rather than spending so much time in security checks and all.

    Also about the pathway, as member, lordvader said, it looks just like a market place and so congested. The inside after immigration is quite okay now, a quite big and new World Duty Free attracting many tourists now. Quite an improvement from there, but still can do better.

    Anyway not much complaining, it's our country's airport, and we cannot expect it to be the same as another country. So, the more quicker they improve, the more better and convenient it would be!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018!

  4. #1024
    CMB phase 2 construction work started?



    Source:ak892
    Last edited by Serendib; 02-01-2018 at 09:40 PM.

  5. #1025
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    CMB phase 2 construction work started?



    Source:ak892
    I was in CMB about a week ago (26/12/2017). They have never even started to dig the ground yet between Bravo and Charley parking bays.

  6. #1026
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
    I was in CMB about a week ago (26/12/2017). They have never even started to dig the ground yet between Bravo and Charley parking bays.
    I can see from the above picture that they are digging the ground near Oil tanks. I think its for the preparation for new apron (Echo). The new apron would have 17 parking bays.

  7. #1027
    Any news on shifting air force base from CMB to RML?



    Source: rakhita
    Last edited by Serendib; 03-01-2018 at 09:25 PM.

  8. #1028
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    I can see from the above picture that they are digging the ground near Oil tanks. I think its for the preparation for new apron (Echo). The new apron would have 17 parking bays.
    Could be related to this:
    http://www.economynext.com/Sri_Lanka...-3-9230-6.html

  9. #1029
    Quote Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
    IIRC , The bid for New Fuel Hydrant System was last cancelled in Aug 17. I doubt the new bid have been confirmed yet. I think they are currently doing the construction for Apron E (Aircraft Parking). I can notice they are digging the ground near taxiway as well.

    Does CMB really need the new fuel hydrant system now? Isn't that very important that the passenger terminal have to be expanded to meet the increasing passenger demand?

  10. #1030
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    IIRC , The bid for New Fuel Hydrant System was last cancelled in Aug 17. I doubt the new bid have been confirmed yet. I think they are currently doing the construction for Apron E (Aircraft Parking). I can notice they are digging the ground near taxiway as well.

    Does CMB really need the new fuel hydrant system now? Isn't that very important that the passenger terminal have to be expanded to meet the increasing passenger demand?
    The article is dated November 2017 so I'm guessing it would be the new contract. It also states the hydrant system will be for Apron E. It would be better for CMB to build both at the same time.

    Hopefully someone can confirm that Apron E is under construction, would be welcome news for everyone.

  11. #1031
    Junior Member ULA340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Colombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
    The article is dated November 2017 so I'm guessing it would be the new contract. It also states the hydrant system will be for Apron E. It would be better for CMB to build both at the same time.

    Hopefully someone can confirm that Apron E is under construction, would be welcome news for everyone.
    Guys sorry to break all your hearts. Apron E is Phase 2 B as per the papers we should finish Phase 2 A (Terminal building) first then the Phase 2 B.

    What AASL doing right now is to make room for the construction project. Phase 2 A given to Japanese Construction firm (still no proper timescale) Phase 2 B is still on papers no construction companies yet for the project. Hope thinks will be finalise this year. But the truth is No new terminal until 2020. If they start in 2020 they can finish and get ICAO approval by 2025. Unfortunately it's Sri Lanka and we're unlucky. Hope for some braver Aviation authorities in the future.

  12. #1032
    Quote Originally Posted by ULA340 View Post
    Guys sorry to break all your hearts. Apron E is Phase 2 B as per the papers we should finish Phase 2 A (Terminal building) first then the Phase 2 B.

    What AASL doing right now is to make room for the construction project. Phase 2 A given to Japanese Construction firm (still no proper timescale) Phase 2 B is still on papers no construction companies yet for the project. Hope thinks will be finalise this year. But the truth is No new terminal until 2020. If they start in 2020 they can finish and get ICAO approval by 2025. Unfortunately it's Sri Lanka and we're unlucky. Hope for some braver Aviation authorities in the future.
    Shame the CMB terminal looks very old..


  13. #1033
    Member SLD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Kirulapona,Colombo 05
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by skyline View Post
    Shame the CMB terminal looks very old..
    What do you mean "looks very old"? It is very OLD!!

  14. #1034
    Quote Originally Posted by ULA340 View Post
    Guys sorry to break all your hearts. Apron E is Phase 2 B as per the papers we should finish Phase 2 A (Terminal building) first then the Phase 2 B.

    What AASL doing right now is to make room for the construction project. Phase 2 A given to Japanese Construction firm (still no proper timescale) Phase 2 B is still on papers no construction companies yet for the project. Hope thinks will be finalise this year. But the truth is No new terminal until 2020. If they start in 2020 they can finish and get ICAO approval by 2025. Unfortunately it's Sri Lanka and we're unlucky. Hope for some braver Aviation authorities in the future.
    Construction work on Apron E has already begun

  15. #1035
    Quote Originally Posted by ALK511 View Post
    Construction work on Apron E has already begun
    Good news to know Aircraft parking facility is going to be increased. What is the current process on construction work on Apron E ? Please tell us in detail. I saw a picture last month when they were digging the ground next to oil tanks. I am wondering if that's for Apron E? Any updates on Oil Hydrant System for CMB?

  16. #1036

  17. #1037

    Cool Bandaranaike Intl Airport phase 2 expansion

    The Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), will commence work on its 2nd phase with a new lotus roof atop; the new terminal and increasing capacity up to 15 million passengers that are set to ground by November as the building of new terminal commences by October end. The stage 2 operations would ensure that capacity be increased by an additional mime million passengers as currently, the old terminal is handling up to 8.2 million (last year)for a building that is constructed for only 6 million passengers.

    This project will be funded by the Japan International Corporation Agency(JICA) with a loan of Japanese Yen 74 billion, and staff would also get vacancies up to 40% extra with the current workforce of 3900.{Air Control tower staff 80 current + 30%}.

    Executive Director of Airport and Aviation Services, Mr. Johanne Jayaratne said the mezzanine floor between these two levels would be the duty-free shopping area and the ground level would also create space for a rail service to be operated from MARDANA to BIA with an airport express service.

  18. #1038
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=CPPPbaLdtBE

    in this video from last year they talk about 2018 second runway and terminal 3 passenger at Bandaranaike International Airport

  19. #1039
    Quote Originally Posted by kennny15 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=CPPPbaLdtBE

    in this video from last year they talk about 2018 second runway and terminal 3 passenger at Bandaranaike International Airport
    Thanks for sharing the video!

    Good to know there are plans for second runway and terminal 3. But I really want SL Gov to complete the terminal 2 under the project phase 2 by 2020. Terminal also have to be modernised as showed in the picture of Phase 2. CMB is getting busier as some airline have expanded the operation over the years.

    I have heard that AirAsia is going to have its own terminal at CMB. Is it true?

  20. #1040
    Quote Originally Posted by Beluga1 View Post
    The Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), will commence work on its 2nd phase with a new lotus roof atop; the new terminal and increasing capacity up to 15 million passengers that are set to ground by November as the building of new terminal commences by October end. The stage 2 operations would ensure that capacity be increased by an additional mime million passengers as currently, the old terminal is handling up to 8.2 million (last year)for a building that is constructed for only 6 million passengers.

    This project will be funded by the Japan International Corporation Agency(JICA) with a loan of Japanese Yen 74 billion, and staff would also get vacancies up to 40% extra with the current workforce of 3900.{Air Control tower staff 80 current + 30%}.

    Executive Director of Airport and Aviation Services, Mr. Johanne Jayaratne said the mezzanine floor between these two levels would be the duty-free shopping area and the ground level would also create space for a rail service to be operated from MARDANA to BIA with an airport express service.
    Now airport limited to 6 million commuters is expanding to 15 million commuters in a day

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts