• Here are some Captures from BIA.

Image 6

Image 5

Image 4

Image 3

Image 2

Image 1

Sorry for the poor Quality.
    Last edited by ULA340; 23-02-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      MRIA will be empty again after completion of resurfacing work at BIA.

Its very funny media is calling MRIA gets busy.
      ada derana is MR's mouthpiece

Comment

• BIA runway renovation in full swing

The main runway of Bandaranaike International Airport in Katunayake is currently closed for renovations. Flights will use the runway only at night time during January to April, ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
          බණ්ඩාරනායක ජාත්*යන්තර ගුවන්තොටුප*ළ සංවර්ධන ව්*යාපෘතියේ දෙවන අදියර ක්*රියාත්මක කිරීම - දූරස්ථ නැවතුම් අංගණය සහ උපධාවන පථ ඉදි කිරීම

- බණ්ඩාරනායක ජාත්*යන්තර ගුවන්තොටුප*ළ විසින් 2016 වර්ෂයේදී ගුවන් මගීන් මිලියන 9.5ක් හසුරුවන ලද අතර, 2020 වර්ෂය වන විට ගුවන් මගීන් මිලියන 14.5ක් පමණ හැසිරවීමට සිදුවනු ඇතැයි පුරෝකථනය කරනු ලැබ තිබේ. මෙම ගුවන්තොටුපළෙහි මගීන් හැසිරවීමේ ධාරිතාව වර්ෂයකට ගුවන් මගීන් මිලියන 15ක් දක්වා වැඩි කිරීමට සහ ගුවන්තොටුපළේ යටිතල පහසුකම් වර්ධනය කිරීම අරමුණු කරගනිමින් ජපාන අන්තර්ජාතික සහයෝගිතා ආයතනයේ (jica) ණය ආධාර යටතේ ක්*රියාත්මක කරනු ලබන බණ්ඩාරනායක ජාත්*යන්තර ගුවන්තොටුප*ළ සංවර්ධන ව්*යාපෘතියේ (biadp) දෙවන අදියර යටතේ, 'දූරස්ථ නැවතුම් අංගණය සහ උපධාවන පථ' ඉදිකිරීම සඳහා වන කොන්ත්*රාත්තුව, අමාත්*ය මණ්ඩලය විසින් පත් කරන ලද ප්*රසම්පාදන කමිටුවේ නිර්දේශය පරිදි පිරිනැමීම පිණිස ප්*රවාහන හා සිවිල් ගුවන් සේවා අමාත්*ය නිමල් සිරිපාල ද සිල්වා මැතිතුමා ඉදිරිපත් කළ යෝජනාව අමාත්*ය මණ්ඩලය විසින් අනුමත කරන ලදී.

2017-02-07 දිනැති අමාත්*ය මණ්ඩල තීරණය පිලිබඳ මාධ්*ය ප්*රකාශය (මීලග රැස්වීමේදී සම්මත කිරීමට යටත්ව)
          This is How Sri Lankan politicians plan.The New Terminal is planed to open in 2019 for 15M pax. And their expecting in 2020 15M pax will use the Airport.Then again in 2020 SL have to think how to expand.

Why do not our governments plan for minimum of
          10 years ahead?

Comment

• Project to facilitate transport of jet fuel from Muthurajawela to Bandaranaike International Airport gets cabinet nod

Wed, Mar 1, 2017, 11:37 pm SL Time, ColomboPage News Desk, Sri Lanka.

Mar 01, Colombo: The Sri Lankan government has received the cabinet nod to initiate a project to facilitate the transport of jet fuel from Muthurajawela storage to Bandaranaike International Airport.

It has been estimated that in line with the renovation of the Bandaranaike International Airport, the current need for aircraft fuel would be increased in the future.

In order to enable the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation to continue providing the jet fuel to meet the increasing demand, the need has arisen to establish a pipe system dedicated to transport only aircraft fuel from Muthurajawela oil terminal to the aircraft at the international airport.

A feasibility study carried out has proposed to construct 4 steel tanks with total operating capacity of 75,000 cubic meters dedicated to aircraft fuel and a 23-kilometer long pipe system from the Muthurajawela oil terminal to the Bandaranaike International Airport as well as to initiate related development activities.

Accordingly, the Minister of Petroleum Resources Development Chandima Weerakkody has presented a proposal to set up a cabinet-appointed Procurement Committee and a Technical Evaluation Committee for the immediate implementation of the project.

The Minister has also proposed calling international bids for the project following a competitive bidding process.

The cabinet of Ministers has approved the Petroleum Resources Development Minister's proposal.

Comment

Project to facilitate transport of jet fuel from Muthurajawela to Bandaranaike International Airport gets cabinet nod

Wed, Mar 1, 2017, 11:37 pm SL Time, ColomboPage News Desk, Sri Lanka.

Mar 01, Colombo: The Sri Lankan government has received the cabinet nod to initiate a project to facilitate the transport of jet fuel from Muthurajawela storage to Bandaranaike International Airport.

It has been estimated that in line with the renovation of the Bandaranaike International Airport, the current need for aircraft fuel would be increased in the future.

In order to enable the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation to continue providing the jet fuel to meet the increasing demand, the need has arisen to establish a pipe system dedicated to transport only aircraft fuel from Muthurajawela oil terminal to the aircraft at the international airport.

A feasibility study carried out has proposed to construct 4 steel tanks with total operating capacity of 75,000 cubic meters dedicated to aircraft fuel and a 23-kilometer long pipe system from the Muthurajawela oil terminal to the Bandaranaike International Airport as well as to initiate related development activities.

Accordingly, the Minister of Petroleum Resources Development Chandima Weerakkody has presented a proposal to set up a cabinet-appointed Procurement Committee and a Technical Evaluation Committee for the immediate implementation of the project.

The Minister has also proposed calling international bids for the project following a competitive bidding process.

The cabinet of Ministers has approved the Petroleum Resources Development Minister's proposal.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...88391648CH.php
              It would be really nice...if they could de monopolise that Jet A1 business..like calling in Shell or ExxonMobil...more long haul would definitely fly to colombo...even UL might make some operational profits

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                Pretty sure the money for the terminal is from a Japanese concessional loan. So they're accountable to JICA regarding how they spend the money. But yes the date will keep slipping in typical Sri Lankan style.
                75 percent of Sri Lanka airport runway renovation of completed

Mar 06, Colombo: Sri Lanka's Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation Nimal Siripala de Silva says around 75 percent of the renovation of the runway at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) has been completed and the construction will come to an end in a month.

Under the current renovation project, the runway of the airport will be widened up to 75 meters from 60 meters and the airport will be developed to operate largest aircraft such as A-380 Airbus aircraft.

The Colombo International Airport has been closed for a period of eight hours from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm from 06th January to 05th of April to allow the resurfacing of the runway, which is being reconstructed after a lapse of 30 years.

Minister de Silva said after the renovation, the runway can be used for over 20 years without any repair. The Construction of the 2nd terminal of the Katunayake airport will begin in July.

The national carrier SriLankan Airlines has cancelled several flights and shifted other flights to alternate times of the day during the three-month period of renovation.

Partial closure of the runway contributed to the marginal decline observed in tourist arrivals in February. For the first time since the war ended in 2009, tourist arrivals declined by 0.1 percent in February 2017 compared to the same period in previous year.

Comment

75 percent of Sri Lanka airport runway renovation of completed

Under the current renovation project, the runway of the airport will be widened up to 75 meters from 60 meters and the airport will be developed to operate largest aircraft such as A-380 Airbus aircraft.
                  Standard runway width is 45m (150 feet) Wider runway is normally maximum of 60m (200 feet). I'm assuming 75m (250 feet) is a misprint.

Are they expecting daily A380 flights or something? Like that's going to happen!

A380 operated off the previous 45m runway easily enough.

Minister de Silva said after the renovation, the runway can be used for over 20 years without any repair. The Construction of the 2nd terminal of the Katunayake airport will begin in July.
                  How many start dates have come and gone? I've lost count. I imagine nothing will happen in July either - just another date will be published.

No money = no terminal. It's quite simple.

Last edited by ejanson65; 07-03-2017, 08:07 AM. Reason: added text
                  Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                    Standard runway width is 45m (150 feet) Wider runway is normally maximum of 60m (200 feet). I'm assuming 75m (250 feet) is a misprint.
                    Yes, it has to be a misprint or a journo making his 'contribution' to the size.

Even the two runways in OMDB are only 60m wide, and its not like they have a shortage of A380 operations there.

Comment

• Has the antonov an-225 ever landed at VCBI, because once I saw a pictures posted on airliners.net saying that the plane was destined to Colombo which is sort of misleading. Also I have heard this old rumor that the aerospatiale Concorde once operated to VCBI and it was parked for around a week until the return flight. Please educate me on these two incidents

Comment

• As per the daily news, AASL is going to convert the RML for international flight operations. AASL is currently working on opening Immigration counters, cafeteria etc..

Good move.

Comment

As per the daily news, AASL is going to convert the RML for international flight operations. AASL is currently working on opening Immigration counters, cafeteria etc..

Good move.
                          Definitely.

I have been suggesting this for a long time. Makes good sense.

They should also look at the possibility of extending the runway towards attidiya side to accommodate A32X / B73X sized jets.

Airlines like FlyDubai and AirAsia will be quite happy to start service.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                            Definitely.

I have been suggesting this for a long time. Makes good sense.

They should also look at the possibility of extending the runway towards attidiya side to accommodate A32X / B73X sized jets.

Airlines like FlyDubai and AirAsia will be quite happy to start service.
                            Correct me if I am wrong, according to what i remember reading before on the greater Colombo megapolis\aviation city development plan RML was going to be closed down and the land given to other development activities ( with the air force bases moved to Koggala etc) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
                              Correct me if I am wrong, according to what i remember reading before on the greater Colombo megapolis\aviation city development plan RML was going to be closed down and the land given to other development activities ( with the air force bases moved to Koggala etc) ?
                              I also would suggest to Close down RML and By the land around CMB for the second runway and new terminals.There is no point having two Airports in Colombo.Better to shift all this traffic to CMB and make it a Hub Airport. Even CMB can have a separate Budget terminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviational View Post
                                I also would suggest to Close down RML and By the land around CMB for the second runway and new terminals.There is no point having two Airports in Colombo.Better to shift all this traffic to CMB and make it a Hub Airport. Even CMB can have a separate Budget terminal.
                                CMB should go through development regardless of RML's state. RML would be a good option to have as a regional operations base. But CMB needs a much needed upgrade including the second runway and also the airport interior itself is in a very shoddy state and the infrastructure itself is very poor in CMB so these things needs to addressed in order to make the Hub airport.

Comment

Working...
                                X