This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
    No need Mattala operation during CMB contruction working time. if DXB runaways can close for 2 hours for maintenane and still Airport can operate why not BIA??
    That's exactly what I was thinking too!! Comparing to dxb, traffic is so much low in BIA and why can't authorities manage it during the closure period!!

Comment

• DXB has two runways while CMB has one. "FACT"

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
        Simply retarded
        its funny for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Godofpower View Post
          its funny for me
          Dilushasg loves Mattala and the name holder of the Airport. lol.

Comment

No I love your hatred towards Mattala.....I wonder how many times you wished FZ cancelled their Mattala flights ?

Comment

No need Mattala operation during CMB contruction working time. if DXB runaways can close for 2 hours for maintenane and still Airport can operate why not BIA??
              Dxb got 2 runways right?

Comment

Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                No I love your hatred towards Mattala.....I wonder how many times you wished FZ cancelled their Mattala flights ?
                Mattala airport is a really big waste that was built just because our ex-leader wanted a airport in his barely developed ,rural home thinking it will instantly turn it into the second capital of SL. .
                We need to find a use for it (other than watching elephants) to repay the loans. Using it for freight makes sense considering the port and industrial zones but they will take years to develop as the port only does vehicle trasshipment while the industrial zone is still empty.

Now its time to set priorities right. UL comes first and Mihin comes second. BIA comes first while the rest come after that. A second runway in BIA as well as developing our domestic airports should come before MRIA. I think the JAF should be developed as a international airport again for South India and it will be a good hub for Mihin.

Comment

• Ratmalana airport to be closed under megapolis programme

Minister of megapolis and Western Province Development, Patalee Champika Ranawaka said the Katunayake airport will be expanded from the 18th km post up to Minuwangoda for all aviation purposes and that the Ratmalana airport, used at present for internal aviation is to be closed under the proposed megapolis development programme.

Addressing a meeting to create awareness on development projects for the Gampaha district under the 15-year megapolis plan, he said 19 local authorities in 13 divisions in the district would be developed from the grassroots level. He said the Urban Development Authority had already drawn up the preliminary plans for the proposed projects.

“Ratmalana airport will be closed and the Katunayake airport will be used for both international and internal aviation. With this in view, the Katunayake airport will be given two runways. Gampaha and Kadawatha will be developed as Administrative Centres in the district and Meerigama town for export infrastructure facilities. The Tourism industry in Negombo will be improved with enhanced infrastructure and Jaela and Kiribathgoda as residential areas with schools and hospitals complete with modern facilities” he said.

Minster Ranawaka further pointed out that the megapolis programme would be the largest ever development programme undertaken after the Mahaweli project. He added that the views of the public and public representatives would be taken into consideration for this massive programme which will be inaugurated next year.

State Minister of Defence Ruwan Wijewardene, Deputy Minister Lasantha Alagiyawanna, Gampaha district parliamentarians and Senior officials including Government Agent Sunil Jayalath and District Planning Director Gamini Wickremapala were present at the occasion.

Source: Daily Mirror - Sri Lanka

Comment

why u need Mattala? give me one valid reason pls.

Comment

Ratmalana airport to be closed under megapolis programme
                      stupidity at its best

Comment

why u need Mattala? give me one valid reason pls.
                        i agree with you that an airport in Mattala shouldnt exist, but the true is that it exists and you CANNOT get rid of it now. Its better to find viable options for it than cursing its existence every day.

Comment

i agree with you that an airport in Mattala shouldnt exist, but the true is that it exists and you CANNOT get rid of it now. Its better to find viable options for it than cursing its existence every day.
                          Good. thanks for your explanation and agreed.

Comment

Good. thanks for your explanation and agreed.
                            The Gov has to shift the airforce from CMB to HRI to allow more space for the expansion of CMB. CMB has to be developed as a hub for domestic & international flight operations with two runways, extra terminals.

Comment

• How much of pax boarding for FlyDubai and Rotana flights from mattala? Both flights are waste of money I guess. Government should find options to increase the number of pax willing to fly from or to Mattala first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                                That's exactly what I was thinking too!! Comparing to dxb, traffic is so much low in BIA and why can't authorities manage it during the closure period!!
                                The point of this being that Dubai is efficient and CMB isn't
                                Sad to say but that's the truth.....Wish Emirates still had a stake in UL, as they would have obliviously planned a better alternative for runway expansion and overlaying
                                This is what happens when you have a bunch of idiots running the show who have no clue about aviation
                                Last edited by Aaqib; 24-11-2015, 02:07 AM.
                                -Aaqib Hussain
                                (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                                www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

Working...
                                X