This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. slavi-ator
    pls do mind before comment.. if you do not agree that is fine.. have a sense and then reply..
    if we are jokers.. then you guys are -----!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vishwa View Post
      Mr. slavi-ator
      pls do mind before comment.. if you do not agree that is fine.. have a sense and then reply..
      Mr Vishwa! It's a forum, and it's my right to state my own views, as you have stated your own! Let it be such
      Last edited by slaviator; 16-03-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys, let's stick to the thread and not go out of the limits. Everyone has their own opinions and they have the right to post it within the forum rules, but let's not put others down by insulting. Cheers Umedha.
        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by slaviator View Post
          Mr Vishwa! It's a forum, and it's my right to state my own views, as you have stated your own! Let it be such
          Agreed but lets not insult others at the same time!

Anyway any news on BIA Stage 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
            if BIA runway isnt big enough to handle an A380, then how come Emirates A380 did a technical stopover back in winter 2012. (although i'm not sure abt the exact date, i do very well recall EK A380 landing at BIA)
            you mean "technical" error that was took place when few politicians happen to hang out at BIA for no apparent reason at all ? lol

Comment

• 28 Billion Yen is what ? $300 Million dollars for the BIA expansion ? I thought it was going to be a $450 million. Oh well, we desperately need a new design, the old design looks horrible. The new Mumbai's Terminal 2 is definitely the best looking in the world right now. The interior is mesmerizing, lol at the slums outside the airport. It was constructed by Larsen and Toubro, company based in India. Maybe this will be one construction we can allow the indians to work on. They are also constructing the new Abu Dhabi Int Airport.
              Last edited by Tig; 17-03-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tig View Post
                28 Billion Yen is what ? $300 Million dollars for the BIA expansion ? I thought it was going to be a $450 million. Oh well, we desperately need a new design, the old design looks horrible. The new Mumbai's Terminal 2 is definitely the best looking in the world right now. The interior is mesmerizing, lol at the slums outside the airport. It was constructed by Larsen and Toubro, company based in India. Maybe this will be one construction we can allow the indians to work on. They are also constructing the new Abu Dhabi Int Airport.
                i still believe dxb airport still looks good, and luxurious and of course sin changi is still regarded as one of the worlds finest airports. plus zrh airport is also one of the most good looking as well in my opinion. how can an airport surrounded by slums and rotten egg smell be considered the "world's best looking and mesmerizing". personally speaking i have a very low scale impression of countries such as india. i've been there, its nothing great. xP
                again this is my point of view.....................

Comment

• guys check out the new terminal of Kolkata Airport....it luks gr8!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by slaviator View Post

yes its a forum here thats true.that doesnt means you can insult people here.

next time you will banned from the forum.

Then I will show your rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by vishwa View Post
                      Mr. slavi-ator
                      They are the most intelligent pandiths.thats why they keep on making big hype about HRI and MIhinlanka. the two biggest failed projects in Srilankan aviation history .

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                        yes its a forum here thats true.that doesnt means you can insult people here.

next time you will banned from the forum.

Then I will show your rights.
                        Hahaha! you are just proving what I said...

Comment

• i dont get it?? ohk lets say HRI is at the moment a waste............ but u cant deconstruct it.....,,, the only thing left; is to make it successful in some way or the other..... i dont get it y sum ppl in dis fourm are actually abandoning it?????? do u thnk all new airports get 2-3 million annual passenger movements within its first yr????? CMB was a piece of shit (no boarding bridges, lack of facilities) till the renovations in 2005, nearly "50" yrs afta it opened..... HRI will have its tym sooner or later...... just sit down and relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                            i dont get it?? ohk lets say HRI is at the moment a waste............ but u cant deconstruct it.....,,, the only thing left; is to make it successful in some way or the other..... i dont get it y sum ppl in dis fourm are actually abandoning it?????? do u thnk all new airports get 2-3 million annual passenger movements within its first yr????? CMB was a piece of shit (no boarding bridges, lack of facilities) till the renovations in 2005, nearly "50" yrs afta it opened..... HRI will have its tym sooner or later...... just sit down and relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I totally agree with you....HRI wold definitely be successful in the future.....Especially catering to South East Asia.
                            Airports dont just open and get popular and successful over night... it takes time
                            -Aaqib Hussain
                            (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                            www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                              i still believe dxb airport still looks good, and luxurious and of course sin changi is still regarded as one of the worlds finest airports. plus zrh airport is also one of the most good looking as well in my opinion. how can an airport surrounded by slums and rotten egg smell be considered the "world's best looking and mesmerizing". personally speaking i have a very low scale impression of countries such as india. i've been there, its nothing great. xP
                              again this is my point of view.....................

Im talking about inside one of the terminal, Terminal 2 and check out some of interior pictures. We can only dream of getting airport like Mumbai Terminal 2, Changi and DXB are probably out of our reach. I don't know how our new Terminal would end up looking. I been to India as well, its chaotic, didn't visit Mumbai thank god. Just Chennai and Bangalore. Bangalore is a really nice city, almost clean as Colombo. Landed in Chennai airport, the terminal looked like a 3 star hotel from the 70's, it appeared to be smaller than BIA but i believe it handles about 10 million passengers a day and most of the flights Middle Eastern , Sri Lankan, Domestic and couple of international bound fights. BIA needs to stand out among South Asian airports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                                I totally agree with you....HRI wold definitely be successful in the future.....Especially catering to South East Asia.
                                Airports dont just open and get popular and successful over night... it takes time
                                But you see, Colombo was the capital, only access to enter the entire Island and its a major city. There were hotels, shopping districts, parliament was there,parks,population, business center and so on. HRI has literally nothing, one hotel is like 20 something KM away from the airport, and they next thing(what ever it is) is an another 30 km away. There are like 3-4 things you can do when you arrive in HRI, 1. go to a hotel, visit a national park and then what ? catch a flight back to Colombo? lol. If some companies invest in building a mall nearby, they would analyze the situation and realize that they wouldn't get anything in return. If passengers aren't arriving, people are not entering any shopping complexes, fast food and realistically locals aren't entering any fancy shopping complexes to buy overpriced products or eat at KFC. Sadly, there is nothing we could do about it, its already been built and wasn't there a plan to build an Air force base ? maybe it could be SL's version of AREA 51 ? Even welcomed passengers aren't going, think about what will happen when its transformed in to a No Fly Zone.
                                Last edited by Tig; 23-03-2014, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X