Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the pics and Happy New Year to everyone!

Shame they didn't design that area better though, it looks like a marketplace. They should have had a more open area with more light and a better designed ceiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
      Thanks for the pics and Happy New Year to everyone!

Shame they didn't design that area better though, it looks like a marketplace. They should have had a more open area with more light and a better designed ceiling.
      Happy New Year !

I think the flooring of the pathway also have to be changed. It looks the work hasn't been completed yet. Am I correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Happy New Year !

I think the flooring of the pathway also have to be changed. It looks the work hasn't been completed yet. Am I correct?
        I think it should be done. The main thing they should concern is the entrance to the inside of the airport. It's so crowded and also does not give the feel of entering the airport with just plain walls and so much of security. Like other airports, there shouldn't be too much security check at the entrance of entering the airport premises. Just go straight into Check-In and then do the serious necessary checks that should be done. I don't know if the checks are enough or not, but suggesting that way would give a less time to enter the airport rather than spending so much time in security checks and all.

Also about the pathway, as member, lordvader said, it looks just like a market place and so congested. The inside after immigration is quite okay now, a quite big and new World Duty Free attracting many tourists now. Quite an improvement from there, but still can do better.

Anyway not much complaining, it's our country's airport, and we cannot expect it to be the same as another country. So, the more quicker they improve, the more better and convenient it would be!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018!
        Haleef Ismail
        www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• CMB phase 2 construction work started?

Source:ak892
          Last edited by Serendib; 02-01-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
            CMB phase 2 construction work started?

Source:ak892
            I was in CMB about a week ago (26/12/2017). They have never even started to dig the ground yet between Bravo and Charley parking bays.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
              I was in CMB about a week ago (26/12/2017). They have never even started to dig the ground yet between Bravo and Charley parking bays.
              I can see from the above picture that they are digging the ground near Oil tanks. I think its for the preparation for new apron (Echo). The new apron would have 17 parking bays.

Comment

• Any news on shifting air force base from CMB to RML?

Source: rakhita
                Last edited by Serendib; 03-01-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I can see from the above picture that they are digging the ground near Oil tanks. I think its for the preparation for new apron (Echo). The new apron would have 17 parking bays.
                  Could be related to this:
                  Sri Lanka is discussing the implementation of legislation and improving governance with a visiting International Monetary Fund review mission, State Minister of Finance Shehan Semasinghe said.

Comment

IIRC , The bid for New Fuel Hydrant System was last cancelled in Aug 17. I doubt the new bid have been confirmed yet. I think they are currently doing the construction for Apron E (Aircraft Parking). I can notice they are digging the ground near taxiway as well.

Does CMB really need the new fuel hydrant system now? Isn't that very important that the passenger terminal have to be expanded to meet the increasing passenger demand?

Comment

IIRC , The bid for New Fuel Hydrant System was last cancelled in Aug 17. I doubt the new bid have been confirmed yet. I think they are currently doing the construction for Apron E (Aircraft Parking). I can notice they are digging the ground near taxiway as well.

Does CMB really need the new fuel hydrant system now? Isn't that very important that the passenger terminal have to be expanded to meet the increasing passenger demand?
                      The article is dated November 2017 so I'm guessing it would be the new contract. It also states the hydrant system will be for Apron E. It would be better for CMB to build both at the same time.

Hopefully someone can confirm that Apron E is under construction, would be welcome news for everyone.

Comment

The article is dated November 2017 so I'm guessing it would be the new contract. It also states the hydrant system will be for Apron E. It would be better for CMB to build both at the same time.

Hopefully someone can confirm that Apron E is under construction, would be welcome news for everyone.
                        Guys sorry to break all your hearts. Apron E is Phase 2 B as per the papers we should finish Phase 2 A (Terminal building) first then the Phase 2 B.

What AASL doing right now is to make room for the construction project. Phase 2 A given to Japanese Construction firm (still no proper timescale) Phase 2 B is still on papers no construction companies yet for the project. Hope thinks will be finalise this year. But the truth is No new terminal until 2020. If they start in 2020 they can finish and get ICAO approval by 2025. Unfortunately it's Sri Lanka and we're unlucky. Hope for some braver Aviation authorities in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by ULA340 View Post
                          Guys sorry to break all your hearts. Apron E is Phase 2 B as per the papers we should finish Phase 2 A (Terminal building) first then the Phase 2 B.

What AASL doing right now is to make room for the construction project. Phase 2 A given to Japanese Construction firm (still no proper timescale) Phase 2 B is still on papers no construction companies yet for the project. Hope thinks will be finalise this year. But the truth is No new terminal until 2020. If they start in 2020 they can finish and get ICAO approval by 2025. Unfortunately it's Sri Lanka and we're unlucky. Hope for some braver Aviation authorities in the future.
                          Shame the CMB terminal looks very old..

Comment

• Originally posted by skyline View Post
                            Shame the CMB terminal looks very old..
                            What do you mean "looks very old"? It is very OLD!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ULA340 View Post

Construction work on Apron E has already begun

Comment

• Originally posted by ALK511 View Post
                                Construction work on Apron E has already begun
                                Good news to know Aircraft parking facility is going to be increased. What is the current process on construction work on Apron E ? Please tell us in detail. I saw a picture last month when they were digging the ground next to oil tanks. I am wondering if that's for Apron E? Any updates on Oil Hydrant System for CMB?

Comment

Working...
                                X