Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    Ex-SLAF's some of the HS 748 are stored in Sri Lanka as below

SCM3101 at Catalina Grill near SLAF Koggala, SCM3102 in Eagle Cafe near SLAF Weerawilla and CR831 in the museum near SLAF Ratmalana.

Here are the pictures

SCM3101 (CR830) - http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...psbb11f5b6.jpg
    SCM3102 (CR833)- https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e1&oe=563F6AC1
    CR831 - http://www.serendib.btoptions.lk/cpa...8/DSC_0422.jpg

Does anybody have the latest picture SCM3102 from SLAF Weerawilla ? Because it looks different now when i look at it in Google map.

By the way here is a photo that I took of SLAF's retired HS 748s, SCM - 3101 and SCM - 3102 at Ratmalana in 2011.

And here's a shot of CR 833 (Ex. SCM - 3102) back in 2014.

Last edited by Haleef; 07-08-2015, 09:00 AM.
    Haleef Ismail
    www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Trivia

Name the list if airlines flew between Switzerland and Sri Lanka in the past?

Comment

I think there was this 3,

Swissair, Edelweiss Air and Sri Lankan Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by rami View Post

Yep + Airlanka and Balair/BalairCTA. How many of you are remember which aircraft Balair/BalairCTA was flying on Zurich-Colombo route on those days?

Comment

Eagle Airways at Colombo Airport 1959.

anyone know more about this flight?

LT DC6A G-APSA at Colombo Airport 1959 [c J Cooper]

john cooper
            Last edited by Serendib; 05-07-2016, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Good old Air Lanka Tristar days

(21 Jan 1995) T/I: 10:43:15Pope John Paul left Sri Lanka on Saturday (21/1) at the end of agruelling 11-day Asia-Pacific tour saying the time was ripe forfol...

Comment

The beautiful Air Lanka days !!

Sri Lankan - Air Lanka's new wings in the international skies A340; 1995_2

Source : World Travel Lib

Comment

The remains of 4R-ADA. Asia's first A340.

Comment

Sad Year for Aviation of Sri Lanka - 2001

Aeroflot pulls out
                    Aeroflot, Russian airline pulls out today, Martinair will follow suit at the end of the month and AOM French Airlines has already terminated their services to Colombo resulting in a total loss of about 1,500 seats per week, said Udaya Nanayakkara, President of the Travel Agents’ Association in Sri Lanka on Monday addressing the launch of the Tourist Board’s new logo and icon at the Mount Lavinia Hotel.

In addition, Saudi Airlines plans to deploy Boeing 777 aircraft, instead of the regular 747s, which are much bigger aircraft and Kuwait Airlines will reduce their number of flights from four to three in the near future further reducing the number of seats available for both inbound and outbound travel, he said.

"It’s an alarming situation and it’s a virtual impossibility to get a seat to Colombo", he added.

Mr. Nanayakkara said that Aeroflot, the Russian airline has been operating to Colombo for the last 40 years. It operated four flights a week to Colombo. The airline was planning to pull out due to certain restrictions imposed on it. By the time Sri Lankan authorities agreed to allow the airline to operate on the regular schedule, Aeroflot had already decided to halt its operations here in toto, he said.

"KLM Royal Dutch Airlines too signed off in similar circumstances," he added.

Mr. Nanayakkara pointed out that TAASL represented 250 travel and tour operators who handled almost 100 per cent of tourist arrivals. The first three months of this year showed very encouraging arrival figures which could have resulted in the arrival figure reaching over 400,000. "With the reductions in seat availability the industry now is not that confident about the expected figures for new tourist arrivals and our members are very disturbed over the emerging scenario," he said.

http://www.island.lk/2001/03/21/news03.htm

Comment

Yep + Airlanka and Balair/BalairCTA. How many of you are remember which aircraft Balair/BalairCTA was flying on Zurich
                      I Think , they were using the DC-8.

Comment

Air Lanka B707s in Shannon in Ireland. 4R-ALA and 4R-ALB. All credits to Malcolm Nason & Dave Gilligan for taking the nice memorable picture..

Any idea when did Air Lanka leased the first B707 to the fleet ? and how many B707s were operated by Air Lanka in the past?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rami View Post

At some point in the 1980s, SQ also flew the route. it was always something like SIN-CMB-ZRH-CPH, or SIN-CMB-ZRH-BRU. I am certain they also had traffic rights between CMB and ZRH. The last flight I remember was around 1987.

Comment

Remembering all the good times at UL. Below flight schedules are for SriLankan's Stockholm and Sydney route in 2000.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Air Lanka B707s in Shannon in Ireland. 4R-ALA and 4R-ALB. All credits to Malcolm Nason & Dave Gilligan for taking the nice memorable picture..

Any idea when did Air Lanka leased the first B707 to the fleet ? and how many B707s were operated by Air Lanka in the past?
                              4R ALA was the first Boeing 707. Delivered to UL in Aug 79 4R ALB came in September. Both on lease from SQ. They were followed by the 737-200 from Guinness Peat Aviation in November '79

Comment

What airlines did fly from Johannesburg to Colombo?

Comment

Working...
                                X