X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by SLD View Post
      Not really. As the media reports it's for training purposes only.
      They must have plans to induct maritime patrol aircraft, otherwise there is no point in training in those .

Comment

• Sri Lanka Air Force had trained one of their F-7 fighter aircraft during the past two days. I got information that it was an air test that was done by a Chinese pilot. Today hopefully there will be another test flight from Katunayake, that will be to the North of VCBI, towards Kurunegala. Wonder what these tests are for?
        Haleef Ismail
        www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
          Sri Lanka Air Force had trained one of their F-7 fighter aircraft during the past two days. I got information that it was an air test that was done by a Chinese pilot. Today hopefully there will be another test flight from Katunayake, that will be to the North of VCBI, towards Kurunegala. Wonder what these tests are for?
          We have had F7's since 1991, what is there to test now,its time to retire them

Comment

Sri Lanka Air Force had trained one of their F-7 fighter aircraft during the past two days. I got information that it was an air test that was done by a Chinese pilot. Today hopefully there will be another test flight from Katunayake, that will be to the North of VCBI, towards Kurunegala. Wonder what these tests are for?
            Any more news of the F-7 fighter?

Comment

Any more news of the F-7 fighter?
              Not sure.. Will let you know if I get any info
              Haleef Ismail

Comment

• Can anyone tell the list of scheduled flights in Ratmalana airport?

Comment

Can anyone tell the list of scheduled flights in Ratmalana airport?
                  Helitours - Mon.Wed.Fri - RML Departure Time - 07:30am -Palaly via Trincomalee

Comment

• I have seen a Harbin Y-12 of SLAF fly over Ratmalana airport in the evenings and in some mornings. It seems to be circling the airport. Anyone knows why?

Comment

I have seen a Harbin Y-12 of SLAF fly over Ratmalana airport in the evenings and in some mornings. It seems to be circling the airport. Anyone knows why?
                      Mostly base training. I live closer to Ratmalana airport, and almost all the time Y-12s and Cessna aircraft fly about, sometimes even a Bell 412 or Mi-17.
                      Haleef Ismail

Comment

Mostly base training. I live closer to Ratmalana airport, and almost all the time Y-12s and Cessna aircraft fly about, sometimes even a Bell 412 or Mi-17.
                        Don't bigger planes than the Y-12 land?
                        When is the scheduled Helitours MA-60 plane landing?

Comment

IL76 of Indian Airforce once landed at RML several years ago.

Comment

• Why can't SLAF planes fix ADS-B transponders? Isn't it easy for them and aviation enthusiasts to track?
                            (can it be for security reasons?)

Comment

This explains all.

Comment

Bigger planes do come by, such as the Antonov AN-32B, C-130K and mostly the MA-60 aircraft. Nowadays even commercial/private jets come by too on short stopovers.
                                The Helitours MA-60 aircraft normally touches down at 1600hrs (4.30pm) or sometimes a bit late too.
                                Haleef Ismail

Comment

Working...
                                X