X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
    They are leasing some aircraft from WAMOS for hajj
    I've noticed from routesonline, there is an A332 joining the BG-fleet in June and to be mainly used for Doha and Kuwait flights. Do you have more information about this aircraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      I've noticed from routesonline, there is an A332 joining the BG-fleet in June and to be mainly used for Doha and Kuwait flights. Do you have more information about this aircraft?
      most likely from WAMOS

Comment

most likely from WAMOS
        What plan BG has got for replacing their ageing fleet? Which aircraft type is going to replace their A310s?

Comment

What plan BG has got for replacing their ageing fleet? Which aircraft type is going to replace their A310s?
          The A310s are now in storage. Fleet is currently 4 x 77W, 2 x 772ER, 4 x 738 and 2 x Q400

Comment

The A310s are now in storage. Fleet is currently 4 x 77W, 2 x 772ER, 4 x 738 and 2 x Q400
            Thanks for that.

I just found the link it says they will receive 2 more B738 and 4x B788 by 2019

If I am not mistaken 4 x B788 are replacing 2 x A310 (already in storage) and 15 year old 2 x B772s in the BG fleet. 2 x B738s may be replacing those 2 Q400s which were initially leased for 5 year period.

They had a plan of getting A330s to replace A310s but they changed the plan and going to get B788. Don't you think its good for them to have all Boeing fleet.

What are future destinations planned during the arrival of B788 in 2019?

Comment

Thanks for that.

I just found the link it says they will receive 2 more B738 and 4x B788 by 2019

If I am not mistaken 4 x B788 are replacing 2 x A310 (already in storage) and 15 year old 2 x B772s in the BG fleet. 2 x B738s may be replacing those 2 Q400s which were initially leased for 5 year period.

They had a plan of getting A330s to replace A310s but they changed the plan and going to get B788. Don't you think its good for them to have all Boeing fleet.

What are future destinations planned during the arrival of B788 in 2019?
              There were some talks regarding 2 787s being delivered in 2018. The B738s will most likely be replacing the Q400s as BG has already replaced the Q400 on three domestic routes (CGP, ZYL, CXB). BG does not usually disclose their future plans on media, the 787s will mostly likely be seen in LHR, KUL, DXB and in MAN, FCO, FRA, etc. if they resume flights on these routes.

Comment

There were some talks regarding 2 787s being delivered in 2018. The B738s will most likely be replacing the Q400s as BG has already replaced the Q400 on three domestic routes (CGP, ZYL, CXB). BG does not usually disclose their future plans on media, the 787s will mostly likely be seen in LHR, KUL, DXB and in MAN, FCO, FRA, etc. if they resume flights on these routes.
                Who is the CEO of BG? How was their profit/loss was like on their last financial year?

I am wondering why do they have so many aircraft leasing for short period? I have seen few B747s, B772s were operating for BG for such a short period. Is it really need for their business. Or is it something the management filling their pockets by doing aircraft leasing.

Comment

Who is the CEO of BG? How was their profit/loss was like on their last financial year?

I am wondering why do they have so many aircraft leasing for short period? I have seen few B747s, B772s were operating for BG for such a short period. Is it really need for their business. Or is it something the management filling their pockets by doing aircraft leasing.
                  A man named Kyle Haywood. Worked with BA, G9, EY before. The short term leases are mainly for covering the shortage of aircraft during the Hajj season and fill the gap till the main orders like the 77W, 738 and 788 come. Of course Biman has a good history of corruption but they have been making profits in the last two years (2015, 16) after years of losses.

Comment

• Hi Dilusha,

Nordwind Airlines gets new livery. Looks modern and nice.
                    I guess one of the ex-SriLankan A321 with this airline.

I never heard of Nordwind Airlines before. What's the reason they are changing the logo and livery. Any expansion plans? Is it one of the big airline in Russia?

Comment

Hi Dilusha,

Nordwind Airlines gets new livery. Looks modern and nice.
                      I guess one of the ex-SriLankan A321 with this airline.

I never heard of Nordwind Airlines before. What's the reason they are changing the logo and livery. Any expansion plans? Is it one of the big airline in Russia?
                      They are a growing airline based at Moscow SVO. They are much smaller compared to Aeroflot, S7, Rossiya.

In early April, the carrier announced plans to take delivery of five A321s and five Boeing 737-800s before the end of the year. One of the Boeings has already arrived, and sports the airline’s new livery. On the widebody side, plans for 2017 call for deliveries of three A330-200s and three Boeing 777-200ERs.

Comment

• First flight of the Irkut MC-21

28 мая 2017 года на аэродроме Иркутского авиационного завода состоялся первый полет нового пассажирского самолета МС-21-300. Продолжительность полета - 30 ми...

Comment

• Interesting...

Boeing says its trade complaint against Bombardier is designed to prevent the Montreal-based rival from using subsidies to produce a larger version of the CSeries plane that would directly compete with its own flagship narrowbody 737 aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                            Boeing will most likely prevail.

It is obvious the USD 19.6M per frame price to DL is not 'business as usual'.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I struggle to believe any airline paying much more than that for the CS100. Bombardier shot themselves in the foot with this order by:

1. Significantly devaluing its product and setting the price floor way below their costs.

2. Picked up a totally unwarranted fight with Boeing at a time when there is so much rhetoric on 'America First' hyperbole and an unpredictable personality at the helm in US.

3. Boeing is not just dragging Bombardier in the mud, they are also taking DL down with it and there is a real possibility that DL may end up having to pay at least part of the tax that is being discussed. This will make all the other potential US customer weary of exploring the C Series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                              Boeing will most likely prevail.

It is obvious the USD 19.6M per frame price to DL is not 'business as usual'.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I struggle to believe any airline paying much more than that for the CS100. Bombardier shot themselves in the foot with this order by:

1. Significantly devaluing its product and setting the price floor way below their costs.

2. Picked up a totally unwarranted fight with Boeing at a time when there is so much rhetoric on 'America First' hyperbole and an unpredictable personality at the helm in US.

3. Boeing is not just dragging Bombardier in the mud, they are also taking DL down with it and there is a real possibility that DL may end up having to pay at least part of the tax that is being discussed. This will make all the other potential US customer weary of exploring the C Series.
                              I am not sure if you read the above article completely...I think you did...anyway just snippets

Boeing says trade complaint against Bombardier designed to prevent larger CSeries
                              afraid of CS500

In the 109-page filing, Boeing said Bombardier would be positioned to build a full-fleet of single-aisle planes -- repeating a strategy employed by French aerospace company Airbus -- if Canadian subsidies to Bombardier are left unaddressed.
                              Boeing's claim that it is suffering present material injury as a result of Delta Air Lines' CSeries order
                              in the DL deal boeing even did not submit a bid. But on UA deal boeing went below cost and now stuck with that deal

and now the retaliation

As he highlighted the defence industry as a driver of economic growth, Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan also used a major speech Wednesday to blast American firm Boeing for picking a trade spat with Bombardier.

Boeing, however, was singled out for pointed criticism.
                              Sajjan repeated the Canadian government's thinly veiled retaliation threat to scrap the planned purchase of 18 Super Hornet fighter jets from the Boeing.
                              "A productive relationship between industry and government is crucial," Sajjan said.
                              "That is why our government -- and I stress this -- our government is disappointed in the action of one of our leading industry partners.
                              "We strongly disagree with the decision of the United States Commerce Department to initiate a trade remedy case in response to Boeing's petition against Bombardier."

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                                I am not sure if you read the above article completely..
                                I did read it and agree that my comments were not directly reflective of the premise of the article.

I was more focused on the fact that DL order was not a very pragmatic move on Bombardier in the long run. In the short run, yes I can see the merits on their action. Getting someone like DL on your customer list with 70 frames is no mean feat, but at what costs in the future?

Boeing's action is equally short sighted. They saw a conducive political climate and are leveraging their new found friendship with WH to promote their agenda. However, Boeing at least look to the future as their stated objective is the prevention of CS500 seeing the light of day.

These trade wars are generally lose lose situations for all parties involved, but they are also a necessary evil to keep the competition on check.

Comment

Working...
                                X