This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
    South Asians in action. Wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing happened to a flight from CMB
    Its not only South Asian problem; Same thing happened in Las Vegas during BA 777 fire as well. Its a human nature I believe.

I saw some people are even suggesting to have a crew-controlled central lock for overhead bins; so they remain locked during taxi/take off, landing and emergency.

Passengers on a British Airways flight that caught fire in Las Vegas are being ridiculed for taking hand luggage of off of the plane. Is it fair?

Comment

• Hong Kong based Dragonair is now Cathay Dragon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
        Yeah. I'm sure Bombardier will stay on top of things. They need to make a good impression not only because this is the entry into service for the C Series. LH will also be keeping an eye on it to see if it will enter their own fleet in the future.

Second Swiss CS100 is operational...looks like EIS issues are been sorted out

Book tickets online now and fly into the world. ✈ From check-in to disembarking: we place the highest value on hygiene and your health.

Looks like Japan's MRJ is having some issue
        Japan's Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRJ), which has already suffered repeated delays, was forced to abort test flights to the U.S. not once but twice.

Delivery Flight
        A very emotional moment for all colleagues involved and everyone at SWISS: the delivery of the first Bombardier C Series aircraft. With a special guest joini...
        Last edited by Speedbird; 30-08-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• Fellow members, today I'm very sad to say that Mr Joe Sutter, known to many as the Father of the 747 has passed away at the age of 95. Since I was child I have been fortunate to fly the 747 many times and even got an opportunity to visit the flightdeck once during cruise. But no matter how many times I have experienced the queen, she never ceases to amaze me.

I think all of us here and aviation enthusiasts around the world will always remember the legacy he left behind, every time we see the 747 take to the skies.

Thank you Mr Sutter for giving us such an amazing aircraft. May you Rest In Peace.

Last edited by TheF15Ace; 01-09-2016, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
            Fellow members, today I'm very sad to say that Mr Joe Sutter, known to many as the Father of the 747 has passed away at the age of 95. Since I was child I have been fortunate to fly the 747 many times and even got an opportunity to visit the flightdeck once during cruise. But no matter how many times I have experienced the queen, she never ceases to amaze me.

I think all of us here and aviation enthusiasts around the world will always remember the legacy he left behind, every time we see the 747 take to the skies.

Thank you Mr Sutter for giving us such an amazing aircraft. May you Rest In Peace.

Agree 100%; 747 is still the most amazing aircraft ever built. Thank you Joe and "rest in peace".

An interview with Joe on 748 debut!

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
              Agree 100%; 747 is still the most amazing aircraft ever built. Thank you Joe and "rest in peace".

An interview with Joe on 748 debut!

https://youtu.be/4JydJeMk_zg
              Couldn't digest the loss of Mr. Joe Sutter.

Comment

• Antonov is planning to resume the construction of second AN225.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                  Antonov is planning to resume the construction of second AN225.
                  This keeps coming up every few years but I don't think it will ever see the light of day as there will be hardly any private interest in investment and state sponsership is unlikely given the current situation in Ukraine.

Even the existing one flies only a couple of times a year which is enough to satisfy the heavy lift requirements so there is hardly a business case to build a second one.

There could have been some hope if the Russians were interested; it was the Russian airforce IIRC who wanted the AN -124 line restarted, but all that is gone down the drain given the current state of affairs.

Just seeing the FG article now Banu, hopefully this sees the light of day though it makes sense to restart the AN 124 line first
                  Last edited by LukeSkywalker; 31-08-2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Couldn't digest the loss of Mr. Joe Sutter.

Agreed. Nice article on FG which includes the other impacts Mr. Sutter had on Boeing and the aircraft industry in general.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-at-95-428910/

Comment

• Japanese airline to replace 100 engines on its 787 Dreamliners

All Nippon Airways says it will replace the engines on its fleet of Boeing 787s after a series of engine failures.

Comment

• Singapore Airlines has announced they won’t extend the lease of a first Airbus A380. Any idea why?

Singapore Airlines announced that it will not extend the lease on its first Airbus A380 aircraft when it expires next year, a significant blow for Airbus, as it seeks to bolster new sales of the world’s largest airliner.

Singapore Airlines’ first five A380s are on 10-year leases, with options to extend.

“The first contract expires in October 2017, and we have decided not to extend it”, Singapore Airlines spokesperson told the Aviation Tribune. “This decision was the result of a regular review of our fleet requirements, and decisions will be made on the four others later”.

The Singapore flag carrier was the A380 launch customer, when it entered commercial service in October 2007. It currently has 19 A380s in its fleet, with five more on firm order with Airbus, deliveries of which will start in the second half of 2017.

Besides Singapore Airline, another 12 airlines are currently operating the A380: Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Air France, Lufthansa, Korean Air, China Southern Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways, British Airways, Asiana and Etihad.

Nineteen customers have ordered the A380. Total orders for the A380 stand at 319 as of August 2016.

The biggest customer is Emirates, which has ordered or committed to order a total of 142 A380s as of 31 August 2016. One VIP order was made in 2007 but later cancelled by Airbus. The A380F version totalled 27 orders before they were either cancelled (20) or converted to A380-800 (7), following the production delay and the subsequent suspension of the freighter programme.

In hopes of raising the number of orders placed, Airbus announced discounts to airlines who placed large orders for the A380. Emirates soon after, ordered 50 aircraft, totalling $20.75 billion. Airbus gave a $2.75 billion total discount, equal to $55 million in savings per aircraft for Emirates.

Airbus says that some A380s may not be delivered to customers or even built. This decision came when Airbus had not met the ‘Accord and Satisfaction’ for three already built aircraft for an undisclosed Japanese airline.

Among customers that have ordered superjumbos yet remain undecided about actually taking them is Virgin Atlantic, with six units on the order book. Qantas had also planned to top up its existing fleet by as many as eight airplanes, an expansion that has been thrown into doubt amid a cost-cutting drive. Amedeo, an aircraft lessor that ordered 20 A380s, has yet to find a single client for the jet.

Comment

Singapore Airlines has announced they won’t extend the lease of a first Airbus A380. Any idea why?

http://www.aviationtribune.com/airli...us-a380-lease/
                          IIRC the first 380s had a weight penalty? SIA also does not keep the planes around too long. I think they have some new 380s coming in the next few years? So they will probably get rid of the older 380s.

Hopefully these will find a new home instead of being scrapped. British Airways were interested in second hand 380s.... mabye they will consider them.

Comment

• Interesting

The World Trade Organization has ruled that the EU has failed to comply with rulings that it should cut subsidies to aircraft maker Airbus.

Comment

• So Airbus delivered its 10000th aircraft today, an A350-900 to Singapore Airlines.

Congrats to both SQ and Airbus. Here's to 10000 more

Comment

• Kuwait Airways new livery unveiled on 1st B777-300ER.

More pics

What do you think of the new livery??
                                Last edited by Serendib; 23-10-2016, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X