This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
    I did read it and agree that my comments were not directly reflective of the premise of the article.

I was more focused on the fact that DL order was not a very pragmatic move on Bombardier in the long run. In the short run, yes I can see the merits on their action. Getting someone like DL on your customer list with 70 frames is no mean feat, but at what costs in the future?
    Bombardier went complete "go for broke" on DL after losing out in UA deal. If DL deal fell through CSeries project would be in serious jeopardy

Boeing's action is equally short sighted. They saw a conducive political climate and are leveraging their new found friendship with WH to promote their agenda.

However, Boeing at least look to the future as their stated objective is the prevention of CS500 seeing the light of day.
    Canadian Federal fund went for R&D in Bombardier...R&D means only one thing

These trade wars are generally lose lose situations for all parties involved, but they are also a necessary evil to keep the competition on check.
    it is definitely a lose lose situation. as you can see heat is on

The tit-for-tat trade spat between the Liberal government and Boeing over the future of the Super Hornet fighter jet purchase escalated Thursday with an acknowledgement that federal officials have been instructed to break off contact with the U.S. aerospace giant.

I honestly believe CSeries is a decent product. It has performed extremely well with Swiss and AirBaltic. Very close for certification on LCY. It is the only product which can be compete against Airbus and Boeing...Russian or Chinese product has a serious reliability concern...after so many years Superjet has SN Brussel Airline as a customer on a wet lease from Irish CityJet...this is more or less as a stop gap lease and replacement for Avro RJ 100. Irkut MC21 or Comac C919 has still not found any customers in West.

Comment

• Hi Umedha

I heard that Air New Zealand has updated their A320neo/A321neo delivery schedule. First delivery is delayed untill July 2018. First A320neo will be delivered July 2018 and first A321neo September 2018. What is the reason for delay?

What is the reason NZ didn't order B737? If i am not mistaken their most of the aircraft in the fleet are Boeing. Isn't that cost-effective having the fleet from same manufacturer. Unless NZ have the very good deal from Airbus.

Page 62 in their new Investor Presentation

p-airnz.com/cms/assets/PDFs/airnz-2017-investor-day-presentation.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Hi Umedha

I heard that Air New Zealand has updated their A320neo/A321neo delivery schedule. First delivery is delayed untill July 2018. First A320neo will be delivered July 2018 and first A321neo September 2018. What is the reason for delay?

What is the reason NZ didn't order B737? If i am not mistaken their most of the aircraft in the fleet are Boeing. Isn't that cost-effective having the fleet from same manufacturer. Unless NZ have the very good deal from Airbus.

Page 62 in their new Investor Presentation

p-airnz.com/cms/assets/PDFs/airnz-2017-investor-day-presentation.pdf
        Hi Banu,
        I'll get back to you on the delays in A320/321 neo deliveries.

NZ moved to Airbus in 2003 for their short haul aircraft when they got delivered the 1st A320. Slowly 737s were retired. So they uses Boeing 777,787 as their long haul and A320 as short haul.
        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Umedha, Another news for you. I am sure you will be interested.

I read from Usa today, UA is planning to title the longest revenue flight when they start LAX-SIN sector onboard B787-9 with flying time of 17.55 hours.

Will it affect the launch of LAX-SIN by SQ onboard A350ULR ? I think UA will steal the SQ's market on this sector as UA going to do this sector before SQ starts. I am a fanatic of SQ :-) but I never flew on UA before so I couldn't compare SQ with UA.

Do you know when does the SQ going to take delivery of first A350ULR to the fleet? Really can't wait to see the resumption of SQ's SIN-SFO and SIN-LAX nonstop flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
            They are a growing airline based at Moscow SVO. They are much smaller compared to Aeroflot, S7, Rossiya.

In early April, the carrier announced plans to take delivery of five A321s and five Boeing 737-800s before the end of the year. One of the Boeings has already arrived, and sports the airline’s new livery. On the widebody side, plans for 2017 call for deliveries of three A330-200s and three Boeing 777-200ERs.
            Is Russia's Tourism and Aviation sector booming?

Another Russian airline looking for expansion looks like. This time, Russian airline Vim avia is in the process of taking ex-Emirates B773 (A6-EBD). Its been ferried to ULY for paint and to be registered as VP-BIN in Russia.

Comment

Is Russia's Tourism and Aviation sector booming?

Another Russian airline looking for expansion looks like. This time, Russian airline Vim avia is in the process of taking ex-Emirates B773 (A6-EBD). Its been ferried to ULY for paint and to be registered as VP-BIN in Russia.
              Passenger traffic is on the rise for the last 6 months or so.

Comment

• Emirates and Etihad to suspend flights to and from Qatar amid diplomatic dispute

Comment

• Middle East crisis http://m.khaleejtimes.com/business/a...omatic-dispute
                  ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                    Emirates and Etihad to suspend flights to and from Qatar amid diplomatic dispute

http://www.thenational.ae/business/a...omatic-dispute
                    I presume G9 and FZ have suspended flights too..... CNN stated 4 UAE based carriers
                    -Aaqib Hussain
                    (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                    www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                      most likely from WAMOS
                      Yes, its true. BG wet leasing A332 from Wamos for Hajj charter. I think Rego : EC-MJS.

According to below link, BG lost tk 200crore on leasing two B772s from Egypt.

আপনি যে বিষয়টি অনুসন্ধান করছেন তা খুঁজে পাওয়া যায়নি। অনুগ্রহ করে আপনার পছন্দের পাতাটিতে ক্লিক করুন অথবা নিচের অনুসন্ধান এর মাধ্যমে যেকোনো তথ্য খুঁজে নিন।

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                        I presume G9 and FZ have suspended flights too..... CNN stated 4 UAE based carriers
                        Please read : http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...00gmt-06jun17/

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                          Is there any overflight ban on Qatar Airways flights ?

Comment

Haven't heard as such yet.
                            ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

Comment

According to this Saudi Arabia has revoked the air license leading to Qatar Airways flying longer routes to avoid Saudi air space.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40170120

Comment

These are the NOTAMS issued,

BAHRAIN -

OBBB BAHRAIN FIR
                                A0208/17 – FOR FLIGHTS AFFECTED BY NOTAM A0205/17 THE FOLLOWING AWYS ARE AVBL: 1-UT430 OUTBOUND VIA RAGAS 2-UR659 INBOUND VIA MIDSI. 06 JUN 00:00 2017 UNTIL PERM. CREATED: 05 JUN 12:00 2017
                                A0205/17 – ALL FLT REGISTERED IN THE STATE OF QATAR ARE NOT AUTHORISED TO OVERFLY BAHRAIN AIRSPACE. 06 JUN 00:00 2017 UNTIL PERM. CREATED: 05 JUN 11:22 2017
                                A0204/17 – NO FLIGHT WILL BE ALLOWED FROM KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN TO STATE OF QATAR AND FROM STATE OF QATAR TO KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN. 06 JUN 00:00 2017 UNTIL PERM. CREATED: 05 JUN 11:17 2017

SAUDI ARABIA -
                                OEJD JEDDAH
                                A0596/17 – ALL NON-SAUDI OR NON-QATARI REGISTERED ACFT INTENDING TO USE SAUDI AIRSPACE TO/FM QATAR AIRPORTS SHALL COORDINATE WITH GENERAL AUTHORITY OF CIVIL AVIATION (GACA) WI ONE WEEK FM TODAY TO OBTAIN ALL GACA REQUIREMENTS FM THE FLW CONTACT TEL: +966115253336 EMAIL: ‘SPECIAL(AT)GACA.GOV.SA’. 06 JUN 00:01 2017 UNTIL PERM. CREATED: 05 JUN 11:41 2017
                                A0593/17 – ALL FLT REGISTERED IN THE STATE OF QATAR ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO OVERFLY SAUDI ARABIAN AIRSPACE. 06 JUN 00:01 2017 UNTIL PERM. CREATED: 05 JUN 09:37 2017
                                A0592/17 – ALL FLIGHTS REGISTERED IN THE STATE OF QATAR ARE NOT AUTH TO LAND AT SAUDI ARABIAN AIRPORTS. 05 JUN 04:35 2017 UNTIL PERM. CREATED: 05 JUN 04:42 2017

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES -
                                OMAE UAE FIR
                                A0812/17 – ALL ACFT REGISTERED IN THE STATE OF QATAR ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO OVERFLY EMIRATES FIR,DEPART OR LAND AT UAE AERODROMES. OPERATORS NOT REGISTERED IN UAE INTENDING TO USE EMIRATES FIR FROM OR TO THE STATE OF QATAR REQUIRE PRIOR APPROVAL FROM GCAA AVIATION SECURITY AFFAIRS ON THE FLW CONTACT: TEL: 00971 50 642 4911 EMAIL: AVSEC-DI(A)GCAA.GOV.AE. 06 JUN 00:00 2017 UNTIL PERM. CREATED: 05 JUN 08:37 2017

EGYPT -
                                HECC CAIRO ACC
                                A0202/17 – ALL ACFT REGISTERED IN THE STATE OF QATAR ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO OVERFLY CAIRO FIR,DEPART OR LAND AT EGYPTIAN AERODROMES. OPERATORS NOT REGISTERED IN A.R.E INTENDING TO USE CAIRO FIR FROM OR TO THE STATE OF QATAR REQUIRE PRIOR APPROVAL FROM ECAA ON THE FLW CONTACT : TEL : +202 22678535 +202 24175605 AFTN : HECAYAYX. 06 JUN 04:00 2017 UNTIL PERM. CREATED: 05 JUN 12:11 2017

As you can see, Bahrain has restricted Qatari aircrafts to only use a single route to inbound flights and only another single route to outbound flights. Now it's actually the only two air routes qatar has to outside world.

Comment

Working...
                                X