This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonair to be rebranded Cathay Dragon

The Cathay Pacific Group has announced plans to rebrand regional carrier Dragonair as Cathay Dragon, aimed at helping the group capture more traffic growth from the mainland China market.

The rebranding will see Cathay Dragon adopt a new livery, which while still retaining its distinctive red, features a Cathay-style brushwing logo. The livery will first appear on a Cathay Dragon Airbus A330-300 in April, and will be progressively rolled out across the rest of the fleet.

The Cathay Pacific Group has announced plans to rebrand regional carrier Dragonair as Cathay Dragon, aimed at helping the group capture more traffic growth from the mainland China market.

Does anybody know the registration of the first aircraft going to be painted in "Cathay Dragon" livery?

Comment

• One of the best #avgeek selfie!

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
        Wow super! Was it taken during Air France final B747 flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          Agree I just loved the A350 in SQ livery. But i am not a big fan of ET livery
          Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
          Why don't we wait till the finished painting
          ET's 1st A350 just after paintwork

Msn40 F-WZGM 11/3/2016

source : A380_TLS_A350

Comment

ET's 1st A350 just after paintwork
            Wow...banuthev.... See isn't she looks beautiful and neat!!

Meanwhile
            Ethiopian Airlines to order "at least" 10 more Airbus A350-900

They already has 14 A350XWB aircrafts on order!!

For me, It's looks like Ethiopian Airlines is richer than SriLankan Airlines!!

Well, from my childhood when I hear "Ethiopian" what always comes to my mind is poor country with starving people!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
              Wow...banuthev.... See isn't she looks beautiful and neat!!

Meanwhile
              Ethiopian Airlines to order "at least" 10 more Airbus A350-900

They already has 14 A350XWB aircrafts on order!!

For me, It's looks like Ethiopian Airlines is richer than SriLankan Airlines!!

Well, from my childhood when I hear "Ethiopian" what always comes to my mind is poor country with starving people!!
              They are 'well managed', to put simply. And ET was the third customer for 787.

You never know, While one side of Ethiopia was starving occasionally, the airline business was going places, always.

Likewise RAM and TAAG Angola do come to mind. They are pretty modernised, and the traffic at their home base is mainly hub/transit traffic, not necessarily terminating traffic

Comment

Does anybody know the registration of the first aircraft going to be painted in "Cathay Dragon" livery?
                Airbus A330-343 B-HYQ

Comment

• Qatar Airways Walks Away From First Airbus A320neo

DUBLIN—Qatar Airways has walked away from its first Airbus A320neo and may cancel more of the type if Pratt & Whitney do not resolve the issues with PW1100G quickly, Qatar CEO Akbar Al Baker said. The airline, originally expected to be the launch operator for the aircraft, should by now have had five A320neos in service. Their absence “has a huge impact on my bottom line," Al Baker said adding, “we are screaming.” The airline wants to “imminently open ...

Source. : Aviationweek
                  Last edited by Serendib; 03-06-2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Al Baker is not in my good-book since I noticed his attitude during his visit here in Colombo. He asked them why a Chrysler was sent to pick him up instead of a Mercedes

It looks like he will cancel all 80 orders of A320neo if PW don't sort out engine issue quicky. Why don't he try on CFM engines if PW give him trouble on delaying A320neo delivery.

Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                    Qatar Airways Walks Away From First Airbus A320neo

DUBLIN

Comment

• Irkut MC-21

The much-anticipated MC-21 aircraft, touted to become a direct rival of the Boeing-737 and Airbus 320, has been rolled out for official presentation in Irkutsk, Russia. Serial production of the medium- and short-range passenger jet is planned for 2017.

Comment

• Rumour has Iran Air to buy $25 billion worth of new airliners from Boeing. Has is it been confirmed?

Comment

Rumour has Iran Air to buy $25 billion worth of new airliners from Boeing. Has it been confirmed?
                          Well they have a huge airbus order which includes A380s and A350s

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                            Well they have a huge airbus order which includes A380s and A350s
                            Oh my god ! Where is the money coming from for these deals? How many A380s and A350s they are planning to get?

Comment

Oh my god ! Where is the money coming from for these deals? How many A380s and A350s they are planning to get?

21 A320ceo Family and 24 A320neo Family jetliners, 27 from the A330ceo Family, 18 A330-900neo aircraft, 16 A350-1000s and 12 A380s. Iranians are on fire

Comment

Rumour has Iran Air to buy $25 billion worth of new airliners from Boeing. Has is it been confirmed?
                                Been confirmed but still requires government approval from both sides.

Comment

Working...
                                X