Overseas Aviation


+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35
Results 681 to 690 of 690
  1. #681
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Shannon was not just a tech stop. I thought they did US pre-clearance there to avoid delays @JFK and pull in as a domestic arrival.

    For time sensitive passengers flying out of LCY (instead of LHR) pre-clearance is a huge draw.
    Shannon is a tech stop...since it is a tech stop they utilized the time for US pre-clearance

  2. #682
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird View Post
    Shannon is a tech stop...since it is a tech stop they utilized the time for US pre-clearance
    BA had two LCY-JFK flights and last Nov one was discontinued when the Shannon USCBP post changed its working hours and pre-clearance was not available for that second flight any longer.

    I am pretty sure the reason BA selected Shannon for the tech stop (as opposed to any other point along the TATL routing) was the pre-clearnace.

  3. #683
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    BA had two LCY-JFK flights and last Nov one was discontinued when the Shannon USCBP post changed its working hours and pre-clearance was not available for that second flight any longer.

    I am pretty sure the reason BA selected Shannon for the tech stop (as opposed to any other point along the TATL routing) was the pre-clearnace.
    ^^^That is correct

    on side note LCY has a short runway compared to RML

    i.e. RML - BAH or RML to SIN is a possibility

  4. #684
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird View Post
    RML - BAH or RML to SIN is a possibility
    Yes, and it would be a good mini hub for LCC operations to GCC and South East Asia, given its proximity to Colombo city.

    Last month UAE announced that they will start offering VOA for Indian passport holders who are either US Green card holders or have a valid B1/B2.

    If they expand this to include SL, there will be a lot of new traffic created to UAE. Other GCC countries typically follow the lead of the UAE, so it is only a matter of time before this becomes a GCC-wide offering (except for perhaps KSA).

  5. #685

  6. #686
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird View Post
    Yup, it is not looking good for EK. EY is surviving thanks to pre-clearance @AUH.

  7. #687
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Yup, it is not looking good for EK. EY is surviving thanks to pre-clearance @AUH.
    Big opportunity for Jet Airways and Air India.

  8. #688

    Angry What DO YOU say about Overbooking of Flights?

    IATA’s point of view:- “Airlines should be allowed to continue long-established overbooking practices. The airline business is unique in that once a flight takes off, the seats on that flights are no longer available for sale; it is a time-sensitive, perishable product,”
    https://www.eminentaviation.com/what...ng-of-flights/

    It is not a good idea to over book flights..

  9. #689
    Have you heard the news about the passenger who got violently removed from his seat because his flight was overbooked?
    Pretty much a man was violently dragged from his seat, due to United Airlines overbooking the seats. The video of this incident has gone viral. In the video you can see the guards aggressively grabbing and dragging the innocent passenger along the aisle of the plane. It was horrible; the man’s face was bleeding.

  10. #690

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts