This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Asia to launch KUL-MLE

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia will be commence three weekly Kuala Lumpur-Maldives direct flights starting Oct 22, 2015. In a statement today, the airline said the seats were now available for booking online at airasia.com with all-in-fare from as low as RM169 one way. “The promotion is ongoing until July 26, 2015 for travel period of Oct 22, 2015 until Aug 31, 2016,” it said. AirAsia Bhd Head of Commercial, Spencer Lee, said the flight schedules for this route would allow travellers from all other regions such as South Korea, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Australia to connect easily using AirAsia’s Fly-Thru service. “AirAsia is the only airline that flies direct to Maldives from here, offering three times weely flights to this island destination. “Among the destinations which offer Fly-Thru connectivity to Maldives include Incheon, Osaka, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Bangkok, Penang and Gold Coast,” he said. – BERNAMA

Read More : http://www.nst.com.my/node/92795?utm...ign=nstrelated

Comment

• And ... Mahan Air gets 340-600s

For the range and uplift, fuel is not an issue, if they can fill the cabin

Iran-based airline Mahan Air has purchased 8 Airbus A340-600s from Virgin Atlantic. The eight four-engine, wide-body jets arrived at Mehrabad Airport in Tehran last night. The A340-600 seats more than 320 passengers in three-cabin configuration and has a range of 13,700 km (8,513 miles). The arrival of the Virgin’s A340s, believed to be less than ten years old, adds newer modern aircraft to the country’s aging civil aviation fleet and is a welcome sign for travelers to and from Iran. Mahan Air also purchased an Airbus A321 as part of the transaction.

Comment

• On the 25-Aug, NZ took delivery of 5th B787 which has a rego of ZK-NZC flew from PAE to it's base AKL. According to planespotters.net, NZ's B787 fleet-registration starts from ZK-NZC. Wondering why they dont have ZK-NZA & B ? Why it took 2 years to deliver ZK-NZC to it's owner (NZ)? Sources tells me it flew the first flight some time in Sep 2013.

Comment

• Canada based New airline, Westjet takes delivery of ex-Qantas B767s

C-FOGT - ex VH-OGI
          C-FOGJ - ex VH-OGJ
          C-FWAD - ex VH-OGL
          C-GOGN - ex VH-OGN

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
            Canada based New airline, Westjet takes delivery of ex-Qantas B767s

C-FOGT - ex VH-OGI
            C-FOGJ - ex VH-OGJ
            C-FWAD - ex VH-OGL
            C-GOGN - ex VH-OGN

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2zxm61j.jpg
            Wow surprised...
            ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Canada based New airline, Westjet takes delivery of ex-Qantas B767s

C-FOGT - ex VH-OGI
              C-FOGJ - ex VH-OGJ
              C-FWAD - ex VH-OGL
              C-GOGN - ex VH-OGN

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2zxm61j.jpg
              Yes they are going to launch transatlantic flights...LGW

Comment

• Eastern Airlines back in business

Comment

• Guys any idea who is getting jetstar A330 emirates A330 and A340 s

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                    Guys any idea who is getting jetstar A330 emirates A330 and A340 s
                    I read somewhere that the EK 330s are heading for Scrap !

Comment

• 'Catastrophic' Engine Failure Causes BA Jet Fire

Comment

• Looks like the GE90 disintegrated, and ruptured the fuel tank / baggage hold

Comment

• New livery for Cathay Pacific completed on B-KPM. What do you guys think of this livery?

Comment

• Shaheen Air 737-400 Crash-lands in Lahore

A Lahore-bound Shaheen Air flight from Karachi carrying 121 passengers and crew , made an ‘emergency landing’ at the Lahore Allama Iqbal International Airport .

It was initially reported that at least 10 passengers received ‘minor’ injuries when the plane landed due to a burst tire.
                            Eye witnesses reported that AP-BJO an ex-Malaysia Airlines Boeing 737-400 operating as Flight NL-142 skidded off the runway seconds after landing.

Last edited by Aaqib; 03-11-2015, 12:55 PM. Reason: addition of information
                            -Aaqib Hussain
                            (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                            www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                              as per NZHerald...
                              New US route planned

•Air NZ is looking at adding to its routes to the US.
                              •Chicago, Houston and Las Vegas are on the shortlist.
                              •Chicago is almost 13,200km from Auckland.
                              •It is within the Dreamliner's 15,372km range.

I was suggesting Las Vegas closer to LAX. But as above they might add Chicago. An announcement could be made by early next year and flights start within the next 12 months.
                              Any idea if NZ has launched direct flights to Chicago, Las Vegas and Houston which were in short-list of NZ in late 2014. I am hearing NZ going to launch Vietnam and Phillipines. Is it true? Do you have more info? Tnx.

Comment

Any idea if NZ has launched direct flights to Chicago, Las Vegas and Houston which were in short-list of NZ in late 2014. I am hearing NZ going to launch Vietnam and Phillipines. Is it true? Do you have more info? Tnx.
                                Hi Banu QF and AA did a massive partnership deal to US via AKL SFO and Jfk I think. Not sure about nz expanding in US. AA will start flights to AKL from next year mid.

Yep nz will fly to Vietnam. Next destination will be MNL.
                                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Working...
                                X