Overseas Aviation


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 690
  1. #41
    Banuthev: scoot ? no clue other than what I saw in the site ..

    http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en/about-scoot

    Well, Scoot's mission is always to run no-Frill Long Haul, and not to eat into Tiger Territory .. And to compete with JQ and to trim the tails of D7 using SQ's unwanted, derated 777s !!!!! Though the 777s are under BoC ...

    It is interesting to note that Scoot is projecting itself as competing with SIA - even running a campaign "SIA TOLD TO SCOOT"

    My bet is the name is to rhyme with the Aussie market .. / Aussie Speak

    Like "get out of here, scoot is here .. "

  2. #42
    From Jetphotos'net

    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...7373177&nseq=0



    Maybe the camera angle, but the landing gear looks a bit odd for T7- having seen 'em always 'tilted' ..

  3. #43
    ^^ What happended to 9V-OTB?

  4. #44
    Boeing 777-200LR taking off for JFK

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
    ^^ What happended to 9V-OTB?
    Maybe OTB didn't sound nice ?? haha .. OTA-> Online Travel Agent

    OTC -> Over the counter ..

    OTB ?

    In the meantime, more news on Scoot !

    ================================================

    Abacus International, Asia’s leading revenue partner for airlines, announced today a landmark agreement with Scoot (TZ), Singapore’s newest no-frills, low-cost subsidiary airline for medium and long-haul routes.

    The multi-year deal will see all Abacus-connected travel agents across Asia Pacific have full access to Scoot’s fares and inventory from July 2012. The burgeoning carrier will also be able to tap into Abacus’ extensive regional network of over 20,000 travel agencies across Asia Pacific. Abacus is the first GDS to launch such a distribution partnership with Scoot.

    A wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore Airlines, Scoot will be launching their maiden flight from Singapore to Sydney, Australia on 4th June 2012 and to Gold Coast, Australia on 12th June 2012.

    This will be followed by additional flight routes to Bangkok and Tianjin, of which agents within the Abacus network will also have first access to, enabling them to offer their customers a new travelling experience to popular destinations.

    “We are very excited about this unique partnership and feel privileged in working with an airline that is set to redefine the long-haul travel experience,” said Mr Ho Hoong Mau, Division Head of Airline Distribution at Abacus International. “We are confident in offering Scoot a distribution solution that will cater to its requirement in meeting the increasing demand for low-fare travel and honoured to provide the most effective platform to support Scoot’s growth during this very exciting time. Our highly productive agency network across Asia Pacific is looking forward to drive sales on Scoot.”

    “Scoot is pleased to enter this partnership with Abacus,” said Mr Campbell Wilson, CEO, Scoot. “With their strength and expertise in the Asian market, we believe that Abacus will provide us with the necessary tools, reach and impetus to drive growth and penetration throughout Asia Pacific.”

    Scoot will operate a fleet of four Boeing 777-200 aircraft and plans to expand operations to other Asian countries. It joins over 17 other Low Cost Carriers/hybrid carriers in the region that are using Abacus as a distribution channel.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by HA77W View Post
    Boeing 777-200LR taking off for JFK
    When did you film this video? I was under the impresssion that PIA fligts to JFK operates nonstop from Pakistan unless they now resumed the MAN-JFK operation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecureilx View Post
    Banuthev: scoot ? no clue other than what I saw in the site ..

    http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en/about-scoot

    Well, Scoot's mission is always to run no-Frill Long Haul, and not to eat into Tiger Territory .. And to compete with JQ and to trim the tails of D7 using SQ's unwanted, derated 777s !!!!! Though the 777s are under BoC ...

    It is interesting to note that Scoot is projecting itself as competing with SIA - even running a campaign "SIA TOLD TO SCOOT"

    My bet is the name is to rhyme with the Aussie market .. / Aussie Speak

    Like "get out of here, scoot is here .. "
    I think Scoot would replace Tiger Airways based in Singapore and especially in Australia. Tiger Airways is not a well-known airline .. But Scoot seems to be doing well on marketing their product like AirAsia and Virgin Atlantic.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Banuthev View Post
    I think Scoot would replace Tiger Airways based in Singapore and especially in Australia. Tiger Airways is not a well-known airline .. But Scoot seems to be doing well on marketing their product like AirAsia and Virgin Atlantic.
    Scoot replace Tiger ? No .. and never ..

    Tiger operates on Short Haul fleet - A 320s. And Tiger has Strategic partnership with DG, And some Indonesian Carriers, in effect, doing a reverse merger .. to overcome route issues.

    Scoot operates on Long Haul .. and competes with AirAsia X

    Oh well, Tiger is well known in Oz too. . though for the not-so-good reasons ..

    Tiger has a flourishing operation in Australia doing domestic short hauls !

    And Stripes (the call sign for Tiger) is quite well heard as in the rest of Asia ..

  8. #48

  9. #49

  10. #50
    Senior Member uthum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Posts
    136
    SpiceJet to Start Dubai Service from late-June 2012

    India’s low-cost carrier SpiceJet starting 25JUN12 is launching service to the Middle East, with daily operation each on Delhi – Dubai and Mumbai – Dubai service.

    Schedule:

    Delhi – Dubai
    SG011 DEL1155 – 1345DXB 737 D
    SG012 DXB2310 – 0405+1DEL 737 D

    Mumbai – Dubai
    SG013 BOM2030 – 2155DXB 737 D
    SG014 DXB1445 – 1915BOM 737 D

  11. #51

    Arrow Accident News + Aviation Issues

    Paro, Bhutan in a A320. Visual flight rules only..no instrument landing systems..the jet jockey's dream..the passenger's nighmare! Fast forward to the last 3 minutes and you will see..


  12. #52
    Some OAG forecasts ..

    And some indicator of the market forces movement ..





  13. #53
    and some news from Philippines - on the new law to enforce LCCs to pay for offloaded passengers ..


    The country’s budget carriers have asked the Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) to reverse its recent move to tighten rules on overbooking of flights and ticket refunds, claiming that such restrictions would lead to higher fares for consumers.

    In a motion for reconsideration filed last week, Air Asia Inc., the local unit of Malaysia’s Air Asia Berhad, called CAB resolutions’ 28 and 29 “discriminatory” since it only applied to local airlines, which competed with foreign carriers that enjoyed more relaxed rules.

    Resolution 28 banned the industry practice of overbooking, or the practice of selling more tickets than there are seats. Resolution 29, meanwhile, mandated airlines to refund all passengers who are not able to take their scheduled flights, regardless of the reason.

    The rules were passed following rising complaints from passengers, alleging that airlines have been “abusive” in their treatment of passengers affected by overbooking.

    “The CAB resolution violates Air Asia’s right to equal protection under the law since it is made applicable only to domestic air carriers and exempts compliance by foreign airlines,” Air Asia said in its 11-page resolution.

    “All natural and juridical persons similarly situated should be treated alike both as to rights and responsibilities. There is no substantial distinction between domestic air carriers and foreign carriers to warrant different treatment,” the company said.

    Aside from being discriminatory, Air Asia said the new rules would force budget carriers to abandon cost-cutting practices that have allowed the industry to offer lower fares to passengers.

  14. #54
    Tiger Airways finalizes its 40% acquisition of SEAir:

    Tiger Airways (Tiger Airways Holdings Limited) on June 4 finalized the sale and purchase agreement to acquire a 40% stake in South East Asian Airlines (SEAir), Inc. This stake will be acquired from existing foreign shareholders at $7 million (US), less liabilities to be confirmed in a due diligence review. The investment will be held through Tigerís wholly owned subsidiary, Roar Aviation II Pte. Ltd.

    The investment in SEAir is Tigerís second such joint venture in Asia. Tiger acquired a 33% stake in Mandala Airlines (Jakarta) of Indonesia in January 2012.

    SEAir currently operates two Airbus A319 aircraft leased from Tiger Airways under the Tiger Partner Airline program. In addition, there are plans to expand the fleet to five aircraft within this financial year with the addition of three A320 aircraft.

    SEAir will be introducing new routes to its network. The airline will adopt Tigerís business model. This includes offering attractive fares to international and domestic destinations within a five-hour flying radius from the Philippines.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by ecureilx View Post
    Scoot replace Tiger ? No .. and never ..

    Tiger operates on Short Haul fleet - A 320s. And Tiger has Strategic partnership with DG, And some Indonesian Carriers, in effect, doing a reverse merger .. to overcome route issues.

    Scoot operates on Long Haul .. and competes with AirAsia X

    Oh well, Tiger is well known in Oz too. . though for the not-so-good reasons ..

    Tiger has a flourishing operation in Australia doing domestic short hauls !

    And Stripes (the call sign for Tiger) is quite well heard as in the rest of Asia ..
    Is it really true Scoot to launch the flights to Taipai and Tokyo from October this year ? Any idea when the 3rd aircraft to join Scoot fleet ?

  16. #56
    Banuthev: yes, there was a GDS advisory to that effect, on Scoot to fly to Taipei and Tokyo.

    No news on the 3rd Aircraft joining Scoot.

    However, there are a 2 B772s in SQ Hanger- most likely undergoing Checks and painting.

  17. #57
    Inaugural Sydney flight passing though water gate



    Inaugural Scoot flight to the Gold Coast



    source: crazyaviation / brandongiacomin

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by ecureilx View Post
    Banuthev: yes, there was a GDS advisory to that effect, on Scoot to fly to Taipei and Tokyo.

    No news on the 3rd Aircraft joining Scoot.

    However, there are a 2 B772s in SQ Hanger- most likely undergoing Checks and painting.
    Official : Scoot will start flights to Tianjin, Tokyo, Bangkok, and Taipei this year.

  19. #59
    Ironic to see a JQ plane in the back .. considering that SQ was fretting over JQ/QFs plans to setup a permanent base in Singapore

    Oh, sometimes, Changi T2 sometimes does look like a QF base, with so many QF planes parked by

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by ecureilx View Post
    Ironic to see a JQ plane in the back .. considering that SQ was fretting over JQ/QFs plans to setup a permanent base in Singapore

    Oh, sometimes, Changi T2 sometimes does look like a QF base, with so many QF planes parked by
    I was always wondering how SIN become a focus city for QF. If I recall it correctly, on those days QF used to operate at SIN with over 14 Daily flights including routes e.g. SYD-SIN-BOM vv, SYD-SIN-LHR vv, SYD-SIN-FRA vv, MEL-SIN-LHR vv, MEL-SIN-NRT vv, BRS-SIN, PER-CGK-SIN, PER-SIN and ADL-SIN..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts