X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Heathrow Plane Spotting - 13th May 2012

Comment

FlyScoot has finally released photos of their final look on their new Boeing ...

pic from A.net

Comment

FlyScoot debuts it's low cost 777-200ER
        FlyScoot's first 777-200ER, 9V-OTA (the former 9V-SQA with Singapore Airlines).

Comment

Thanks Guys for sharing the pictures of FlyScoot. Any Idea when FlyScoot starts there maiden revenue flight ? What are there planned destinations ? Are they interested in flying to Colombo ?

Comment

One of the ugliest liveries I've ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
              Thanks Guys for sharing the pictures of FlyScoot. Any Idea when FlyScoot starts there maiden revenue flight ? What are there planned destinations ? Are they interested in flying to Colombo ?
              Gold Coast - Gold Coast Airport [begins 12 June 2012]
              Sydney - Sydney Airport [begins 6 June 2012]
              Tianjin Binhai International Airport [begins 23 August 2012]
              Singapore Changi Airport [begins 6 June 2012][Hub]
              Bangkok - Suvarnabhumi Airport [begins 5 July 2012]

Comment

Originally posted by uthum View Post
                One of the ugliest liveries I've ever seen
                I agree with you..

they're also adding 9V-OTC to the fleet.. any pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                  Gold Coast - Gold Coast Airport [begins 12 June 2012]
                  Sydney - Sydney Airport [begins 6 June 2012]
                  Tianjin Binhai International Airport [begins 23 August 2012]
                  Singapore Changi Airport [begins 6 June 2012][Hub]
                  Bangkok - Suvarnabhumi Airport [begins 5 July 2012]
                  Scoot has, effective from 14 May 2012, changed its flight designator code to TZ. This replaces the previously-assigned code, OQ.

Scoot timetable - http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en...-from-oq-to-tz

Comment

Originally posted by skyline View Post
                    I agree with you..

can't wait to see the inside of the aircaft ...

Comment

I agree with you..

9V-SQC to be 9V-OTC

Comment

I agree with you..

Then again, let me guess .. you don't know much about Chinese culture do you ??

Yellow is Considered auspicious, as much as red is associated with Wealth - Red, too bad, AirAsia has stolen Red, hence Scoot had to stick with Yellow I guess.

the picture I posted of a Singapore bus painted in Scoot's yellow was precursor of what was to come..

Well, the market for Scoot is Asia, and primarily, Chinese, so to say, for Chinese, it is Great !!

yah, I know, once I attended a function and had the privilege of having forced to deck myself out in Yellow T Shirts .. like the Yellow T Shirt Rally of BKK !!! Not just Yellow, but a glaring shining and extremely yellow ..

Something about "YELLOW" in Chinese culture ..

"Yellow, corresponding with earth, is considered the most beautiful color. The Chinese saying, Yellow generates Yin and Yang, implies that yellow is the center of everything. Associated with but ranked above brown, yellow signifies neutrality and good luck. Yellow is sometimes paired with red in place of gold.

Yellow was the color of Imperial China and is held as the symbolic color of the five legendary emperors of ancient China. Yellow often decorates royal palaces, altars and temples, and the color was used in the robes and attire of the emperors.

Yellow also represents freedom from worldly cares and is thus esteemed in Buddhism. Monks’ garments are yellow, as are elements of Buddhist temples. Yellow is also used as a mourning color for Chinese Buddhists."

Comment

ecureilx, Do you know exactly why they chosen the name "Scoot" ?
                          Could this be a good idea from Scoot to operate no-frill long haul services ?

Comment

Banuthev: scoot ? no clue other than what I saw in the site ..

Well, Scoot's mission is always to run no-Frill Long Haul, and not to eat into Tiger Territory .. And to compete with JQ and to trim the tails of D7 using SQ's unwanted, derated 777s !!!!! Though the 777s are under BoC ...

It is interesting to note that Scoot is projecting itself as competing with SIA - even running a campaign "SIA TOLD TO SCOOT"

My bet is the name is to rhyme with the Aussie market .. / Aussie Speak

Like "get out of here, scoot is here .. "

Comment

From Jetphotos'net

Presenting to you Singapore Airlines new low-cost carrier, Scoot! 9V-OTC also known as Goin' Scootin' (Ex 9V-SQC) is the second aircraft to join Scoot's fleet after 9V-OTA (Ex 9V-SQA). It is pictured here on finals for Runway 20C after completing a 4 hour airtest as flight TN77. Scoot currently have 4 planned destinations, Sydney, Gold Coast, Tianjin and lastly, Bangkok. This aircraft is now ready to be taken to the skies on 4th June where it will inangurate Scoot's first flight to Sydney.. 9V-OTC. Boeing 777-212(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Maybe the camera angle, but the landing gear looks a bit odd for T7- having seen 'em always 'tilted' ..

Comment

^^ What happended to 9V-OTB?

Comment

Working...
                                X