X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
    Las Vegas
    ah ok. Why they are launching Las Vegas? I think Las Vegas is very close to Los Angeles. Instead of launching Las Vegas NZ would have added additional flight to Los Angeles which has better connections to other US Cities.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      ah ok. Why they are launching Las Vegas? I think Las Vegas is very close to Los Angeles. Instead of launching Las Vegas NZ would have added additional flight to Los Angeles which has better connections to other US Cities.
      as per NZHerald...
      New US route planned

•Air NZ is looking at adding to its routes to the US.
      •Chicago, Houston and Las Vegas are on the shortlist.
      •Chicago is almost 13,200km from Auckland.
      •It is within the Dreamliner's 15,372km range.

I was suggesting Las Vegas closer to LAX. But as above they might add Chicago. An announcement could be made by early next year and flights start within the next 12 months.
      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Air Seychelles takes delivery of 1st A320.. Aircraft rego is A6-EIA. They are planning to fly Seychelles to Mumbai using A320. I am wondering if A320 can fly SEZ-BOM?

Air Seychelles celebrated the arrival of its first A320 on 30 November. The aircraft, leased to Etihad (A6 -EIA ) , was named Amirantes , the name of a coral archipelago of the Seychelles. This device will allow the company to open three new routes to Mumbai, Dar es Salaam and Antananarivo. As for the flight program , it will be overhauled. For example , the frequencies to Abu Dhabi spend seven to nine a week. The A320 is converted into two-class configuration , with six seats in business class and 120 in economy class. Air Seychelles also operates two A330-200 - from Etihad 's fleet - and six Twin Otter. - See more at : http://www.journal-aviation.com/actu....0xXUWPaj.dpuf

Comment

• Withdrawn QANTAS B767-300ER VH-OGI Leaves Australia.

Withdrawn QANTAS Boeing 767-336ER VH-OGI positioned Sydney – Victorville for storage this afternoon as QF6017 (http://www.theqantassource.com/)
          Any idea how many B767s are remaining in Qantas fleet right now?

Comment

• Air New Zealand will next year begin flying to South America for the first time in the airline's 75-year history, an airline source says. (http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/6...american-route)

I wonder why Air NZ is not recently flying to South American cities . Is it because of short of aircraft or less pax-load factor?

Comment

Air New Zealand will next year begin flying to South America for the first time in the airline's 75-year history, an airline source says. (http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/6...american-route)

I wonder why Air NZ is not recently flying to South American cities . Is it because of short of aircraft or less pax-load factor?
              Hope it will be EZE (Buenos Aires) both AR and QF have discontinued route and there is no one flying route from Oceania. Where as SCL QF and LA both operate route

............if possible EZE and tag to GIG (Rio de Janeiro) or GRU (Sao Paolo) i.e. AKL-EZE-GRU or AKL-EZE-GIG would be awesome as there is a massive Brazilian community down under now. NZ could also work on fifth freedom on EZE-GRU/EZE-GIG similar to what EK does on (EZE-GIG).

Comment

• The global destination for business travellers and premium frequent flyers: news, reviews and expert guides to help you travel better.

Comment

• good news NZ is expanding their network! If i am not mistaken NZ didnt launched any new routes in last few years?
                  What's a reason for their sudden expansion plans in US and Argentina?

Comment

good news NZ is expanding their network! If i am not mistaken NZ didnt launched any new routes in last few years?
                    What's a reason for their sudden expansion plans in US and Argentina?
                    Two main reasons: The flight to EZE (Argentina) is to fill a void left by AR discontinuing EZE-AKL-SYD and QF discontinuing EZE-SYD. There is a huge demand between South America and Oceania. Currently only destination in SA served by both QF and LA is Santiago. North America, NZ has been steadily growing. NZ operates up to 4X flights a day to LAX from AKL. 2 AKL-LAX services (B777-300ER and B777-200ER). 1 B777-300ER routed AKL-LAX-LHR and one B767-300ER routed AKL-RAR-LAX. In addition NZ flies to both YVR and SFO. Another contributing factor is the monopoly NZ has on AKL-USA route. Up-till a couple of years ago QF operated MEL-AKL-LAX (B747-300/400). This later become AKL-LAX-AKL with a B747-400 positioned in AKL. The B747-400 was downgraded to A330-200 and then the route was abandoned (i.e. AKL-Americas) altogether by QF.

Comment

• Maldivian's first A321 set to arrive early next year

Maldivian (Q2, Malé) has signed a longterm lease agreement with Air Lease Corporation (ALC) for one Airbus A321-200 (cn 2599), formerly EC-JMR with Iberia (IB, Madrid Barajas). The aircraft will be delivered in the first quarter of 2015.

“Maldivian will operate the A321 on lease from ALC on its growing network connecting Male, Maldives with cities in South Asia, China and Southeast Asia,” said Kishore Korde, Senior Vice President of Air Lease Corporation.

The Maldivian national carrier operates an A320-200, 8Q-IAN (cn 2347), also on lease from ALC.

Most extensive and up to date airline knowledge base: More than 50,000 aircraft, 6,500 airports and 5,000 airlines, access to fleet lists, worldwide airline schedules and route networks, airline management contacts, airline capacity and frequency analysis, airline PSS directory, up to date airline and route network news.
                      Maldivian Airlines expanding the network !!

Comment

• can someone tell me what is the difference between the 4 sub-types of the A340 series? Example A340-200/311/312/313X

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                          can someone tell me what is the difference between the 4 sub-types of the A340 series? Example A340-200/311/312/313X
                          A340 - 200 Longest range aircraft until arrival of the A340 -500
                          A340 - 311 1st 300 (1992) with CFM56-5C2 engine/139 kN (Thrust)
                          A340 - 312 2nd 300 (1994) with CFM56-5C3 engine/145 kN (Thrust)
                          A340 - 313X 3rd 300 (1995) with CFM56-5C4 engine/151 kN (Thrust) also known as 300E developed for Singapore Airline

it continues
                          A340 - 211with CFM56-5C2 engine/139 kN (Thrust)
                          A340 - 212 with CFM56-5C3 engine/145 kN (Thrust)
                          A340 - 213 with CFM56-5C4 engine/151 kN (Thrust)

A340 - 541
                          A340 - 542
                          A340 - 643
                          A340 - 644

Comment

• First A350-900 (A7-ALA) has been delivered to Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways has configured its new Airbus A350-900 with a 283-seat, two-class interior featuring a business cabin similar to that on its Airbus A380 and Boeing 787 fleets.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                              First A350-900 (A7-ALA) has been delivered to Qatar Airways

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...-cabin-407411/
                              Thanks for the update! Any picture of the aircraft ? when/where they going to operate the first revenue flight?

Comment

• They will fly to Frankfurt in mid-Jan 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X