Clear All

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
    Big LOL.

Spanish Mattala sounds very good.

Comment

• There is another Mattala in Canada...in Quebec...It is called Mirabal/YMX

Comment

• Originally posted by sfernando34 View Post
        Currently, I think British Airways has orders for 11 more Airbus A380s. These routes seem to make sense, although I would have expected Hong Kong to be included under these routes. I hope in the future they consider Washington Dulles as an A380 destination. Their gate at Dulles is immediately next to Air France's gate, who also operate A380s daily to IAD. It would be awesome to see those two beauties lined up next to each other.
        Today I saw British Airways A380 and B787 by the airbridges at London Heathrow Terminal 5. I think they are currently doing the training flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
          Today I saw British Airways A380 and B787 by the airbridges at London Heathrow Terminal 5. I think they are currently doing the training flights.
          -
          Wow that's awesome. I guess they are prepping the new crews who are going to operate the aircraft. Makes terminal 5 all the more picturesque

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
            Saw this on another forum ... disclaimer: not my words ..

About 1 month ago all of the major travel web sites on the internet removed all Iranian airports as bookable destinations putting Iran firmly in the category of Cuba. I actually reached out to several of the major web sites, including the PR Relations contact at KAYAK, and received no answer whatsoever. The web sites I counted include all the major ones which are mostly US based companies including.

www.Kayak.com - No error message. Just removed everything.
            www.Orbitz.com - " Sorry, we cannot find a match."
            www.Expedia.com - "We could not find any airports that match your search for 'tehran'."
            Start Planning Your Next Trip And Get Exclusive Offers, Perks & Experiences When You Book Your Flight, Hotel, Car, or Cruise With American Express Travel.

Though it hasn't been confirmed, this action is probably encouraged at least tacitly by David Cohen (Under Secretary) at the Treasury Sanctions Office (OFAC) probably using some sanctions rule.

US law does not actually restrict anyone wishing to visit Iran including the 1 million emigres in the US.

www.Travelocity.com - still allows booking IKA. As do some European sites. The major airlines flying into Iran at present are:
            That's really strange. Lufthansa and Alitalia have a presence there, as well as Emirates, Qatar, Etihad and Turkish. While the US and Iran do not have good relations, there have been no sanctions or laws that forbid US citizens from visiting Iran. There is a large population of Iranian immigrants in the United States, so I am not really sure why they have done this. This banning of Iranian destinations definitely seems extreme to me.

Comment

• United Airways of Bangladesh to start flying new routes Dhaka-Singapore, Dhaka-Doha and Dhaka-Karachi from September 2013. According to A.Net, they are also intend to add Riyadh, Dammam, Abu Dhabi, Yangon and Jakarta in the future. Good to hear United Airways is expanding anyhow do they have sufficient aircraft fleet for expansion or do they have any aircraft orders?

Comment

• First Royal Brunei B787. Their new livery looks very plain. Current livery is much better..

Comment

• Safety concerns over cracked Kathmandu runway. Nepal has urged airlines flying into Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport to use smaller aircraft after cracks were found on its runway.

Nepal has urged airlines flying into Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport to use smaller aircraft after cracks were found on its runway.

Comment

Safety concerns over cracked Kathmandu runway. Nepal has urged airlines flying into Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport to use smaller aircraft after cracks were found on its runway.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...du-runway.html
                    yah, saw the NOTAM on KTM

Comment

• United did fly to BKK I think, before they slowed down (when the aircraft was returned to lessor ?? )

Comment

• Etihad Airways may take stake in Italy’s Alitalia..

Isn't a bad decision to buy stake of Alitalia?

Comment

• Some interesting Airline codes, saw in BSP Link

HR, YO, S2, RX, QV, K6

Comment

• Plans for Changi revealed .. : incorporating the currently Singapore AF Runway 3 (Singapore AF to use upcoming planned Runway 4 .. )

Comment

United Airways of Bangladesh to start flying new routes Dhaka-Singapore, Dhaka-Doha and Dhaka-Karachi from September 2013. According to A.Net, they are also intend to add Riyadh, Dammam, Abu Dhabi, Yangon and Jakarta in the future. Good to hear United Airways is expanding anyhow do they have sufficient aircraft fleet for expansion or do they have any aircraft orders?
                              dey are adding a couple more ATR72s nd another MD-83

Comment

• I heard Thai Airways A333 has crash landed in Bangkok. Has anybody got more information?

Comment

Working...
                                X