This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CSButterflyeffect View Post
    yup I heard people say MRD will be painted in Air Ceylon and MRE will be painted on AirLanka livery for 70 year celebrations. Or both Air Ceylon and AirLanka logos will be painted in the belly. Not 100% confirmed yet.
    Cool.....
    ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• RML opening may have somthing to do with parliament some how. definietly it will be convinient for some of the MPs to travel easier and faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
        I see no reason why an airline on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled spend money on retro livery.

From an aviation enthusiasts point, yes, I get the urge, but once you take a pragmatic view of it, it was never like both Air Ceylon and Air Lanka were the proud achievements of the nation to celebrate.

Under both guises they just burned through the precious little money the country had, which otherwise would have been spent on programs that would have been beneficial to masses.
        Agree , with your point 100 % about not wasting money , but the management of UL is well known for their extravagant wasteful expenditure.So might as well do that retro and give us something that is nice to look at. (unlike the Motuwas on the current logo ).

Comment

• Originally posted by ULA340 View Post
          Beyond the Indian community in Colombo. Colombo South (Bambalapitiya, Wellawatte, Dehiwala, Mount Lavinia and Soysapura) has a significant Sri Lankan Tamil population. So it's better, if they can use that opportunity to cater them with some south Indian cities especially like MAA (Chennai). They can ask Air India Express, SpiceJet or Jet Airways since all of them have regional aircrafts which can be landed at RML.

Good move of converting RML to a regional airport.
          Yes I agree, however it could only be SpiceJet, Air India and Jet Airways that could operate to India from Ratmalana since they are the only international airlines in India that operate turboprops
          IX has a fleet of 737's so it would not be able to land at RML
          -Aaqib Hussain
          (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
          www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
            Thanks. Did you mean only 3 times per week? I thought Maldivian is going to operate 3 Daily flights. Could you post the flight schedule as well please.
            Well I'm pretty confused myself, one source reported that the above would be scheduled thrice a week and another source reported that it would be operational on a daily basis

Was planing on taking the innagral flight to Male, however due to the breakout of H1N1 in Male,I won't be traveling as planned. Would probably fly to IXM if so AI commence operations
            -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
              So, which ex-Mihin Airbus is in neutral livery (white paint)?
              4R-MRD (A321) & 4R-MRE (A320) are the ex-Mihin Aibus are in currently in service with UL in white livery.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
                Sri Lankan Airlines proposes to operate Coimbatore-Colombo flights from July 15

Source : http://m.timesofindia.com/city/coimb...w/57672437.cms
                SriLankan Airlines used to operate four weekly A320 and once a weekly AN12F to Coimbatore in 2007. Unfortunately SriLankan discontinued the Coimbatore route along with other Indian destinations such as Goa, Hyderabad, Kozhikode etc... due to economy and aircraft leasing issues in 2009. Do you think Coimbatore route currently have good passenger and cargo demand for SriLankan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                  Yes I agree, however it could only be SpiceJet, Air India and Jet Airways that could operate to India from Ratmalana since they are the only international airlines in India that operate turboprops
                  IX has a fleet of 737's so it would not be able to land at RML
                  Thanks for the clarification. Air India Regional (CD) can operate with ATR72 I guess.

Comment

4R-MRD (A321) & 4R-MRE (A320) are the ex-Mihin Aibus are in currently in service with UL in white livery.
                    Thanks banu.

Comment

• Malindo Air to increase frequency on the CMB-KUL-CMB sector

Malaysian/Indonesian Hybrid LCC Malindo Air is to being another scheduled frequency connecting the Capital of Malaysia with the Capital of Sri Lanka

Was just checking out fares fro June and noticed that OD would be operating new flights in the near future OD 187 and OD 188 respectively

Looks like wed be seeing more 737's at CMB soon!
                      -Aaqib Hussain

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                        Malaysian/Indonesian Hybrid LCC Malindo Air is to being another scheduled frequency connecting the Capital of Malaysia with the Capital of Sri Lanka

Was just checking out fares fro June and noticed that OD would be operating new flights in the near future OD 187 and OD 188 respectively

Looks like wed be seeing more 737's at CMB soon!
                        Thanks for the update! I checked the GDS after I see your forum post. Yes, Malindo is going to increase the Colombo frequency from Daily to Ten weekly effective 1st week of April 2017. New three flights are operating during day time and the days of operation are Monday, Friday and Sundays. Flight Schedule: KUL-CMB-07:45-09:45|CMB-KUL-10:45-17:05-OD187/188.

Comment

SriLankan Airlines used to operate four weekly A320 and once a weekly AN12F to Coimbatore in 2007. Unfortunately SriLankan discontinued the Coimbatore route along with other Indian destinations such as Goa, Hyderabad, Kozhikode etc... due to economy and aircraft leasing issues in 2009. Do you think Coimbatore route currently have good passenger and cargo demand for SriLankan?
                          4x weekly should definitely do fine. Cargo is huge in that area especially Textile products. I believe they will surely scale it up to daily just like how they did it with IXM

Comment

• Alliance Air’s Bengaluru-Colombo flight to take a stopover at Madurai

Alliance Air, a wholly owned subsidiary of Air India, will soon be operating a flight from Bangalore to Colombo via Madurai, according to Air India’s regional director, southern region, Captain S Arulmani.

Speaking to Express at a function organised to honour top travel agents of Chennai who have achieved high sales and helped Air India grow further on late Friday night, he said schedules are being planned in this regard.

He said Alliance Air has planned to operate the Colombo flight from Madurai as it was along the expectations of the travelling public.
                            Source

Comment

• Originally posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
                              Alliance Air’s Bengaluru-Colombo flight to take a stopover at Madurai

Source
                              Good news ! Is Alliance Air's first international route ? If I am not mistaken they operate only ATR72. I heard that Sri Lanka is in talks with Air India regarding connecting IXM with Colombo's city airport "Ratmalana". Are they planning to fly BLR-IXM-RML or BLR-IXM-CMB ?

Comment

• Mahan Air A310

Hi folks

Today I spot a Mahan air A310 is that a regular schedule flight or something else

Comment

Working...
                                X