This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
    Mihin Lanka and SriLankan airlines be merged: The Parliamentary Select Committee on Public Enterprises (COPE) had recommended that Mihin Lanka and the national carrier SriLankan Airlines be amalgamated and brought under one management, the Chairman of the Committee, Minister D. E. W. Gunasekera said yesterday.

http://www.infolanka.com/news/IL/dm981.htm
    even now it is under one management anyhow. I mean management of UPFA. the proper solution should be to operate as just one single Airline.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Will 4R-ABR get the same seat configuration like 4R-ABQ which has 16/153 ? I heard from Sakith that 4R-ABR will be in operation end of Oct.
      This will be releasing by us from DOH. Will update exact date.

Comment

• New landing gear for SriLankan A330 aircraft

SriLankan Engineering, a pioneer MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) service provider for regional carriers, has just completed the replacement of all three Landing gear assemblies of a yet another A330 Aircraft of the national carrier. This marks the eighth occasion the complete gear assemblies were changed on wide body aircraft which commenced with the first change in 2010.

SriLankan Airlines, Head of Engineering, Mr. Priyantha Rose said, ““This further signifies the position of SriLankan Engineering as a Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul (MRO) facility of choice in the region, and we have been marketing our capabilities as a one stop solution provider for all airframe maintenance on A320, A330 & A340 aircraft, having been in possession of the necessary tools and highly-skilled and experienced technical crew.”

The landing gears of an aircraft are removed every ten years for a full overhaul. The complex operation of removal, installation and carrying out of the operational checks requires special tooling and skilled and competent technical crew and was completed in six days.

SriLankan Engineering has the prestigious EASA 145 certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency, and also has won awards for Best Global Operator of both A330 and A340 aircraft from Airbus Industrie, in the small airline category.

SriLankan Airlines takes pride in being a provider of comprehensive aircraft maintenance services in the region, under approval from the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka (CAA-SL), the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and several other National Aviation Authorities (NAAs). (KH)

source : http://www.news.lk/news/business/ite...-a330-aircraft

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
          Mihin Lanka and SriLankan airlines be merged: The Parliamentary Select Committee on Public Enterprises (COPE) had recommended that Mihin Lanka and the national carrier SriLankan Airlines be amalgamated and brought under one management, the Chairman of the Committee, Minister D. E. W. Gunasekera said yesterday.

http://www.infolanka.com/news/IL/dm981.htm
          As if they don't already have enough problems.....

Something that hasn't made the papers yet - the large number of Sri Lankan Pilots leaving the Airline.

The number I have is 35+ who have submitted their resignation - I understand there are more people waiting for start dates and then they will submit their resignation. Most people are going to Etihad.

Including Expats and those who have left previously - the number is close to 60 or almost 25% of the Pilots within the last 12 months.

This is a huge vote of no confidence in the Airline, it's "Management" and the GOSL.

Normally the Airline would hire Expat Pilots while they train cadets. Numbers leaving represent about 3 years of training at maximum capacity!

Not to mention the loss of experience - that isn't so easily replaced!

The word is out in the International Pilot Community about how the Airline has treated its loyal Expat Pilots in the past, the "Contract" on offer, and the Donkeys in the recruiting department. They are not getting a single application!

There are 2 options for the Airline - they will have to reduce flights or wet lease a couple of aircraft (perhaps from my company..)

It's a complete disaster - as usual nobody is involved and nobody is accountable.

The real tragedy is that all of this could have been avoided.
          Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

Will this 4R-ABR get the same seat configuration like 4R-ABQ which has 16/153 ? I heard from Sakith that 4R-ABR will be in operation end of Oct.
            I´m quite sure into the same configuration to use them on the network as available

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines New Airbus A321-200 [4R-ABR] ex-Qatar Airways [A7-ADY] at Shannon after its paint job.
              The aircraft is currently in Zurich and would be delivered to SriLankan Airlines in September 2014.

-Aaqib Hussain
              (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
              www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

Fits Aviation's first MD82SF had been registered as 4R-EXM. Pictures : http://www.airsrilanka.org/showthrea...ull=1#post8213 . They placed an order second MD82SF from Alitalia. Any idea about latest status of the second MD82SF for Fits Aviation?
                Not at the moment..
                Haleef Ismail
                www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                  Not at the moment..
                  Ok please let us know when you get an update about second MD82SF for Fits Aviation. By the way How many aircraft in Fits Aviation current fleet ? Recently I saw Fits Aviation's one IL18F and one MD82SF parked in Colombo Airport. If I am not mistaken, second MD82SF will replace the ageing IL18F. Is it true Lankan Cargo also going to get new freighter aircraft ?

Comment

• Cathay Pacific Cargo has increased the Colombo service from 1 to 2 weekly in August 2014. Does anybody know which B747 variant CX operates for Colombo freighter service. Wish if they use their B747-8 to Colombo.

CX017 - B74F - HKG - CMB - 15:15 - 01:20 - Wed+
                    CX017 - B74F - HKG - CMB - 16:40 - 22:15 - Sun
                    CX018 - B74F - CMB - HKG - 00:15 - 08:15 - Mon
                    CX018 - B74F - CMB - HKG - 03:40 - 11:40 - Thu

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyliner View Post
                      I´m quite sure into the same configuration to use them on the network as available
                      True, It appears to be SriLankan will have 16/153 for A321s and four new A320s going to be reconfigured as 16/120 to allow more leg room in business class. More leg room is essential for these A32Series as they are operating overnight flights to Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore, Mumbai, Muscat, Abu Dhabi and Dubai. These former Qatar A321s going to be leased for four years and they will be replaced by A321 NEOS in the future. 4R-ABR is going to replace 4R-ABJ. Do you know which airline is going to take over 4R-ABJ ?

Comment

• A SriLankan Airlines flight from Colombo to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia had to turn back and return to Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) after experiencing a technical fault midair. Sri Lankan Airlines flight UL314 had taken off from BIA around 40 minutes behind schedule today. The flight was originally scheduled to depart at 7.45am. However, around 45 minutes into the flight, the Captain had announced that the plane would be returning back to BIA as it had suffered a technical fault, said to be a hydraulic failure.The plane is an Airbus A340-300 and was carrying 296 passengers. All the passengers have disembarked and have been told to await further instructions while the technical fault is being attended to. However, several passengers who were in transit have already missed their connecting flights, those who were on board told The Nation. Attempts to contact SriLankan Airlines for details proved futile. However, the flight schedule at BIA states that the plane would now be delayed till 14.30. See more at: http://www.nation.lk/edition/breakin....uPLdQa0P.dpuf
                        Badnews but good to hear KUL flights are doing well for SriLankan! as 296 pax were on board on this KUL flight. What's the aircraft rego ?? Any idea what is the exact problem on this aircraft ?

Comment

4R-ABR is going to replace 4R-ABJ. Do you know which airline is going to take over 4R-ABJ ?
                          Again Mexican VivaAeroBus (as 4R-ABG)

Chris

Comment

Badnews but good to hear KUL flights are doing well for SriLankan! as 296 pax were on board on this KUL flight. What's the aircraft rego ?? Any idea what is the exact problem on this aircraft ?
                            yeah my friends were onboard.. It was an A330 the flight was to Malaysia and there was a technical fault and they landed and the passengers went again in an A340
                            Haleef Ismail
                            www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

True, It appears to be SriLankan will have 16/153 for A321s and four new A320s going to be reconfigured as 16/120 to allow more leg room in business class. More leg room is essential for these A32Series as they are operating overnight flights to Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore, Mumbai, Muscat, Abu Dhabi and Dubai. These former Qatar A321s going to be leased for four years and they will be replaced by A321 NEOS in the future. 4R-ABR is going to replace 4R-ABJ. Do you know which airline is going to take over 4R-ABJ ?
                              Hi Banuthev, would you be able to tell us where you got the source for the A321NEOs? That's pretty exciting news!

Comment

• Originally posted by SLAA View Post
                                Hi Banuthev, would you be able to tell us where you got the source for the A321NEOs? That's pretty exciting news!
                                the a321neo news were a part of the CAPA research on sri lankan airlines. the article was published around 3 to 4 mths ago as far as i cud remember.
                                the news abt a321neo also came in the airlines 5 yr marketing/biz plan which was once again published around 3 to 4 mths ago.

my sincere apologies bro as i don't have the article with me at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X