This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
    4R-MRE back in the sky again: http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/4r-mre

But no recent flights for -ALC, -ALD and -ADE

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/4r-ald
    4R-ALD has been refurbished and the interior and the Business class seats have been changed and there looking really nice !! So will be ALA, ALB,ALC & ALD will be refurbished soon... Don't be so sure, but I saw it in my dad's manual.. ALD is now "City of Pulasthipura"
    Haleef Ismail
    www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/4r-abj . -ABJ's hasn't been in the air for the last 6 six days.......has it been pulled out of service ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
        4R-ALD has been refurbished and the interior and the Business class seats have been changed and there looking really nice !! So will be ALA, ALB,ALC & ALD will be refurbished soon... Don't be so sure, but I saw it in my dad's manual.. ALD is now "City of Pulasthipura"

4R-ALA/B/C were refurbished with new J class and Y cabin anyways - it was only 4R-ALD that needed the new product and now that is completed as per ur update.

basically a332 4R-ALA/B/C/D each have 18 J and 251 Y with avod in J and Y still with loop system IFE but still with new interior setting.

a332 4R-ALH/J have new AVOD in both J and Y.

so its just 4R-ALG which still hasn't received the interior upgrade and my assumption is becz when UL took delivery of 4R-ALG, they said it's on a 5 yr dry lease and the age of the ac was 9.6 yrs back then. The present age is 13.7 yrs or some thing similar.

hence in a few months time this ac will be out of UL fleet I assume which is 9.6 yrs + 5 yr lease term = 14.6 yrs (present age is 13.7yrs).

amongst UL a343 it's only 4R-ADE/F which has new J and Y AVOD product.

ex CX a343 4R-ADG still in old interiors and I remember in the CAPA analysis of sri lankan airlines it mentioned UL won't refurbish 4R-ADG as the old First and Buisness prdt of cx is a marketing advantage for UL Tokyo narita services (being able to sell tickets at high fares or something)

Comment

4R-MRE back in the sky again: http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/4r-mre

4R-ADE is flying today as ul 505 to lhr

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
            Nishantha Ranatunga joined MJ in March 2014 and he cancelled the flights to Delhi and Dubai from Summer 2014 when they introduced the business class cabin on their three aircraft. They’ve decided to codeshare with SriLankan Airlines and they're now interested in flying to destinations which are not being served by SriLankan Airlines. MJ to increase Medan flights from two to three weekly in Winter 2014.
            Is MJ stopped flying to Medan? No booking available for winter it seems

Comment

• Originally posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
              Is MJ stopped flying to Medan? No booking available for winter it seems
              MJ operates seasonal flight to Medan on two weekly between 3-Dec-Mar 2015. They have revised the plan of increasing Medan frequency to 3 weekly.

Comment

4R-ALC is flying today to FRA according to http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/4r-alc.

Comment

• Hi

Is it possible to use A320 or A321 on Cmb - Perth Sector ? Why dont Srilankan Start to perth instead of Syd/Mel then Codeshare with Qantas..

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                    SriLankan postpones Kunming launch until 1st Jan 2015. The service to be operated 3 weekly instead of 4 weekly.
                    correction banuthev: launch of kunming remains unchanged but frequency of 4 times a week in Dec will reduce to 3 times a week in Jan as per airlineroute.net

hence UL hasn't postponed the launch
                    launch still remains Dec 2014 but frequency will reduce in Jan xD
                    Last edited by 4R-ALA; 26-10-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                      Hi

Is it possible to use A320 or A321 on Cmb - Perth Sector ? Why dont Srilankan Start to perth instead of Syd/Mel then Codeshare with Qantas..
                      Do you think Perth will have enough demand? Personally, I think flights from Perth would be a bit like how BA flies to CMB from Gatwick rather than LHR. It just won't have the demand.

Then again, there aren't any direct flights, like UL does for the UK, in Oz so it has a chance of working.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                        Thanks for clarifying this Banu. I noticed you said in the above post that they were definitely getting two more A320s. I thought they were only in negotiations to replace their 737 orders with A320s? Could you clarify if this is the case?

Hopefully MJ with its new management will expand a lot faster than before and expand market share. They also need to remove complimentary food and baggage from their base tickets as well.
                        Hey Guys, I heard Sri Lanka expects to get C919. Is it true?

Last edited by Serendib; 26-10-2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                          Hey Guys, I heard Sri Lanka expects to get C919. Is it true?
                          Yes not srilankan its for Mihin

Comment

• Originally posted by ak892 View Post
                            Do you think Perth will have enough demand? Personally, I think flights from Perth would be a bit like how BA flies to CMB from Gatwick rather than LHR. It just won't have the demand.

Then again, there aren't any direct flights, like UL does for the UK, in Oz so it has a chance of working.
                            Yes they can competetive with ek ey qr

Comment

Yes they can competetive with ek ey qr
                              It will be very difficult to make CMB-PER a profitable route. the competition is too high (EY, EK, QR, SQ, MH, TH), the demand is not great, at least not like MEL.

Comment

Yes not srilankan its for Mihin
                                Any source to verify this info? I remember MJ was going to get Chinese turboprops earlier but Im guessing the deal fell through?

Comment

Working...
                                X